Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Seafordguy View Post
    WHAT???
    Bad trim tab cable, dash is a part and everything is out of storage. I,ll get it !!!!

2. Collapse Details

Here is a revised schedule of events, dock assignments at Waterside Marina and some Marriott Hotel info.

A note from the guy that did the dock assignments: "We have completely filled Waterside Marina. I have done my best to accommodate everyones requests, but I had to make all the boats fit. These dock assignments are locked it. Please dock in your designated slip when you arrive."

Check in & Registration (if we don't have a copy of your insurance, make sure you have a copy of it Friday) will open at 5:00 at Dockmaster's inside Waterside (basically go in 1st door and it will at your left). Please make sure the captains are at the Captains meeting at 7PM. We have allot of information to go over and want to ensure everyone knows what will be happening. Also look in your captains bag, there is information in there as well (plus some goodies).

We all look forward to meeting all of you - look for committee members in blue polo shirts and volunteers in gold T-shirts if you need assistance.

Friday Events schedule
    Boats Arrive all day
    1) 5pm - 8pm - social time and lite snacks at Hooters - their bar is open
    2) 5pm - 7pm - Check-in & pre-registration open. Pick up captain bags, drop off insurance forms at Dockmasters in Waterside
    3) 7pm - 8:00- Captains only meeting (food and bar at still at Hooters for crew and Captains after meeting)
    4) 9pm - till ? Kick off party, Band will begin, cash bars open

Saturday Events schedule

1) 8am - 9am Breakfast at Dockmaster’s
    2) 8am - 9am - Late check in & pre-registration open.
    3) 9am - 9:15am - captains meeting (only if you missed Friday’s meeting)
    4) 9:30 1st horn blast = get boat ready to depart (your crew should be on board)
    5) 9:45 2nd horn blast (double) Official "Start your engines" and depart waterside marina
    6) 10:00 - 5:00 poker run
    A) 10:00 - 2:00 Stop #1
    B) 11:00 - 1:00 Stop #2
    C) 12:00- 2pm Card stop #3 and lunch at Kokomos / Pool open - At the lunch stop, NO food, NO drinks, NO alcohol can be brought into the pool area!!
    D) 2:00 pm - leave Marina Shores
    E) 2:30 - 4:00 stop #4 and then to Waterside finish

7) 4:30 - 8:00pm Pull your cards, cash bar open
    8) 7:00pm - 9:00pm Dinner, awards, auction, fun, cash bar
    9) 9:00 pm - till ? DJ will begin entertainment
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dockchart_2009.jpg  
    BillR

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Formula 382 sr-1 View Post
    Bad trim tab cable, dash is a part and everything is out of storage. I,ll get it !!!!
    How you coming??

4. Collapse Details

How you coming??
    Done 10min's a go !!!!!!!

5. Collapse Details

Joby, bring a ipod cable splitter......we can run a line to both stereo's once the band/party is over!!!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
    Joby, bring a ipod cable splitter......we can run a line to both stereo's once the band/party is over!!!
    At 1AM?
    BillR

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BillR View Post
    At 1AM?
    HA - at 1 am his ass will be asleep in his nightie....

8. Collapse Details

Me too! (no nightie) A bunch of us were up till 2am last night preparing for this. Getting ready to head to event and set up the site. Then take the boat over, then continue working.
    Party!!

By 12 I'll be whooped! :nopity:
    BillR

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BillR View Post
    At 1AM?
    Yes....We were up til 4:00 last year. Batteries will easily last 3 more hours!!!

10. Collapse Details

HA - at 1 am his ass will be asleep in his nightie....
    Nightie huh??? I might be looking to get into a nightie.....but it won't be MINE!!!

11. Collapse Details

Wheels UP - 5 minutes. See you guys soon!!!

12. Collapse Details

Bill, Jon, and the rest of the crew - thanks!!

We had a blast....

13. Collapse Details

I know there were many good people putting in alot of time to make this event happy. Thanks to everyone that made this a great event!

We had a great time!

14. Collapse Details

My most sincere THANK YOU to everyone who put their trust in us, and tried a brand new event. We reached FULL CAPACITY about 6 or 7 days before the run - WOW!

I have received nothing but positive comments, but 2 comments really stand out. Someone said they they have attended many of "the big" poker runs all over the country, and that our event was actually more fun and better organized than most of those "big events".
    The other stand out comment was from someone who was not local. He was blown away with how good the event was! He was from out of town, and what impressed him was how an "out of towner" like him was welcomed and made to feel like everyone in attendance had been friends for years!

Cameras were all over the place; I am sure the pictures will start getting posted as soon as everyone recovers. I think several will need new livers after the last 2 days . . . .
    I know that I am whooped.

The committee will meet this week and start discussing next years event. We have some more VERY good ideas!! We will fine tune things and make it even bigger and better for next year, So if you think this years event was good - wait until next year, and plan for a Friday and Saturday event, chock full of things to do and great entertainment!!! The best is yet to come! So tell everyone you know that they do not want to miss the 2nd annual American Cancer Society's Powerboating for a Cure Poker Run!!!

Again, many thanks for all the great folks that put their trust in us. We are humbled that so many took us at our word that we would put on a GOOD, safe and fun event. Also, thank you for helping us to raise money for the American Cancer Society! Hopefully we can get closer to a cure!
    BillR

15. Collapse Details

16. Collapse Details

Got some more pics!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2009 Poker Run 008.jpg   2009 Poker Run 014.jpg   2009 Poker Run 015.jpg  

BillR

17. Collapse Details

more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2009 Poker Run 017.jpg   2009 Poker Run 018.jpg   2009 Poker Run 030.jpg  

BillR

18. Collapse Details

Congrats to the best dressed crew winners: Brian & Luree Harris, Bill & Michelle Lempke!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2009 Poker Run 035.jpg   2009 Poker Run 041.jpg  
    BillR

19. Collapse Details

This was what we got to see when we got to the marina at Waterside after a bad start at the ramp, And it was a good start to a great weekend. A BIG thank you to all that helped put this run together. What a great shot of Waterside Marina, thanks Chuck Guthrie for the pix.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 090822-3320A-1.jpg  

20. Collapse Details

More pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00393.jpg   DSC00395.jpg   DSC00401.jpg