Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details
    C-69 gettin' Kaliforniafide.
    OK, so Chris and Tom have shamed me into working on the 28. I figured I'd start a thread about it that can track my progress or lack thereof...

I'll try to post pics and updates as I get the opportunity.

So to kick it off... Chris and I swapped boats less motors and drives. I think many of you know that I wanged my motor on St. Paddy's day. I had a rocker stud come out and the rocker (intake) and stud bounce around in the motor for about 40 minutes at about 5,000 RPMS.

Pulled the motor apart today. The lifter looks like a bomb went off inside it. It's shattered and wedged in the block. Fortunately these Merlin blocks have sleeved lifter bores, so it's fixable one way or another. The cam is pretty chewed up. And the cylender that the rocker came off of looks like it got some reversion (how that happens with dry pipes is beyond me) but I think a hone should take care of it.

Anyhow, the motor is down to the short block, the heads are in my truck.

Feeling like I'm going backwards at this point (but knowing I'm not) I decided to put my drive back together. All good there and ready when the motor is.

John helped me out with the motor (its at his shop up in the Valley) so I'll try to get him to snap me some photos and send them over tomorrow.

That's all for now... Over and out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0321091520a.jpg   0321091821a.jpg  
    Last edited by Dude! Sweet!; 06-03-2009 at 12:48 PM.

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."