Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Dang and I was hoping for El Gordo y guapo!

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOAT View Post
    Tomas 28' is the lightest 28' we have ever built.I think it originally weighed right around 4300 pounds complete with a Mercruiser 500 HP and a 5 man bolster.

JO
    That's a great photo! Thanks for keeping and eye on us Jo!

3. Collapse Details

Correct Tomas 4300 - 4400 pounds with a few hundered pounds of lead bolted up near the bow for F1 rules.Without the lead it was a little over 4000 pounds.

The Black F1 weighed approximately 4550 - 4600 pounds ( no lead ) with a 500 EFI since you had to carry more weight with the EFI motor in F1 class.

Albert Mig 28' weighed approximately 4650 back in 1995.

JO

4. Collapse Details

Hey Jo, cosidering the probable heft of my 28 (It didn't feel much lighter than my pleasure 28, but I could be wrong), would you re-rig the boat with a single big block (lets say blown) on an XR/Imco, or twin small blocks on XRs? Or something else? All things considered...

5. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ar15meister View Post
    Not sure.

I assume so.
    Do you still have them in the boat? Do you know what size and how many?
    28 F1 Pantera - Sit down and foot throttle | DPM Drive

6. Collapse Details

not sure what size but there is one in the nose. I havent been up there since I bought it except to do simple visual inspections to make sure nothing is going on.

The boat flys extremely level except on the occasions when I trim it out too much in rough water....but thats a whole other story.

7. Collapse Details

Fat and handsome here...

Just got some preliminary good news from the machine shop. Looks like the Merlin is going to get away with just a hone. And they're saying the rotating assembly should be good to go after all. So I'll just need to fix the head and redo the valvetrain and we'll be ready to pop that mofo back in. Looks like the decision's sort of made for me for now (Scotty, you know what I'm sayin' bro!)... Going to get her up and running with current power, finish out the rigging stuff I want to do and the cosmetics and run the wheels off of her! Yee haw!

8. Collapse Details

Jo, any guesses as to what my '86 28 six man should weigh? It didn't feel a lot lighter than my full Pleasure '96, but I didn't really get to run it in rough water to get a good feel for it.

9. Collapse Details

That's good news Sean. I posted some numbers on my thread over on the other site.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/p...ml#post2256444

JO was saying that the trailer was probably more than the MSO or the VIN says but that should ballpark you. Did you ever weigh the corndog?

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    Jo, any guesses as to what my '86 28 six man should weigh? It didn't feel a lot lighter than my full Pleasure '96, but I didn't really get to run it in rough water to get a good feel for it.

Put a #6 on there linked with Earhart Turbo and never look back

Bill is running a #6 and Earharts Sytem on a 30' single engine and well into the triple digits .............very reliable too.

Jon

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by duunoit View Post
    That's good news Sean. I posted some numbers on my thread over on the other site.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/p...ml#post2256444

JO was saying that the trailer was probably more than the MSO or the VIN says but that should ballpark you. Did you ever weigh the corndog?
    Nope never weighed the 'Dog... Dang, 6000# now that's some no foolin' around right there!

Cougarman, I've thought about that big power six option (or a Weismann, to keep it local!). If I did it, I'd look back all the time though becasue I'd want to see my monster rooster tail!

Seriously though, I'd been bouncing around a number of ideas in my head (big power added single BBC or twin SBC either staggered or side by side) but at this point, I think I'm going to take the path of least resistance, reassemble what I've got and wait for my next catastrophic failure to do anything radical to the boat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mondorally twin SB 27 Schiada.jpg  

12. Collapse Details

Thats definatly good news on the shortblock !! Do you plan on trying to get in the water this summer ?

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDcsRodShop View Post
    Thats definatly good news on the shortblock !! Do you plan on trying to get in the water this summer ?
    I'd sort of given up on it when I realized the block was all the way out, but now that it sounds like it's really just clean up and reassembly, I think I'll push to get it done before the end of summer. I was saying elsewhere that I've got this mile long list of stuff I want to do (with the kids, to the house, to my truck, to my Camaro, to the karts, to the boats, etc.) and the problem is I have so much crap it's hard to focus becuase something seems to come up all the time.

I was planning on really cranking on the 24 and waiting until winter to get going on the 28, but now it seems like the 28 may be a similar amount of work as what I was going to do to the 24. So, I'm inclined to go back to plan A which is just run the 24 for now, and put my efforts into the 28.

14. Collapse Details

I think if I can get it running with what I have fairly easily, that will allow me to focus on finishing the race rigging and set up and allow me to get the boat into P5 trim, run it and get to know it a bit. Then when the time comes I know what I've got and I can just focus on repower rather than doing the whole nine yards...

15. Collapse Details

Sounds like a plan !! Make sure you have enuff power to easily run P-4 b/c with that six man setup I really think we should make it the only team to run 4 navigators.. We would be unstopable !!!

16. Collapse Details

Great news Sean and I would do the same.

P5???? let me know if you need a driver. I have an extra throttle set up in my shop

17. Collapse Details

Two throttles and two steering wheels and four navigators! We'd dominate! I'm going to put the kegerator in the well where the third fuel tank used to be as well!

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    Two throttles and two steering wheels and four navigators! We'd dominate! I'm going to put the kegerator in the well where the third fuel tank used to be as well!
    Please tell me that I am already enlisted as the Navigator/Keggerator Operator.
    I would be really disappointed if I wasn't.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

19. Collapse Details

Tim although we have never "officially" met you were definitly in the mix !! Lol !!

Whatever my job is I have to be in one of the front bolsters b/c if not I won't be able to see crap & I will be useless..

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDcsRodShop View Post
    Tim although we have never "officially" met you were definitly in the mix !! Lol !!

Whatever my job is I have to be in one of the front bolsters b/c if not I won't be able to see crap & I will be useless..
    I'm useless no matter where I'm at. But, good at operating a Keg, and instead of tape to count the laps, I'll devise something with empty cups...
    Trust me, it'll keep the competition guessing.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".