Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Nice to see you Pantera invigorated - big time Dude!!!!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    Wish I knew you were here, the waters have been nice, we could have gone for a ride in the 24
    Rick, I was going to try to get in touch with you last week to see if you were around. Ended up kinda short on time Monday and it rained like an MF for about an hour right after I left Pantera anyhow.

I really appreciate the offer and will definately hit you up next time. Thanks bro!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeb4 View Post
    Nice to see you Pantera invigorated - big time Dude!!!!
    Always nice to get a Miami Booster Shot!

4. Collapse Details

Here's a couple of pics out the window of my buddy's office... If any of you Florida guys ever need a good tax lawyer, let me know and I'll hook you up with this dude.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG00001.jpg   IMG00002.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by duunoit View Post
    I wish I was part of the jet-set
    You know me! Highrollin' ha ha ha!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    You know me! Highrollin' ha ha ha!
    Yet so much more comfortable in the company of us swine.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Yet so much more comfortable in the company of us swine.
    And I mean that in the nicest way possible!

8. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=Mikeb4;238859]
    Quote Originally Posted by ar15meister View Post
    I would be really interested in hearing how the 5 blade works out. I think a labbed 26p 4 blade bravo would be ideal on my boat especially with the tunnel ram. I would like to get a few more rpms.
    QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by ar15meister View Post

Jo thinks it may work well but best with some diameter taken out, stock may be too much. I really focus on fast cruise most of the time so it could be good, if not I will fall back to the 26 B1. I have a low RPM torque motor that HP peaks at 5200.

Also I don't seem to need more bow lift even with the light cabin work and elevated X position, but the five blade may help me confirm this.:coolgleamA:
    Adam, the 24 Maximus five blade had crazy midrange 52 MPH at 3,650 but only a 7% slip so I could not pull it on the top end. Speed was down only a couple MPH but max RPM was too low. I liked the prop especially for everyday cruising but had concerns about the load on the drive, it clunked when shifting F-N-R and weighed a ton more than the B1 4 blade.

9. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=Mikeb4;305069]
    [I]

Adam, the 24 Maximus five blade had crazy midrange 52 MPH at 3,650 but only a 7% slip so I could not pull it on the top end. Speed was down only a couple MPH but max RPM was too low. I liked the prop especially for everyday cruising but had concerns about the load on the drive, it clunked when shifting F-N-R and weighed a ton more than the B1 4 blade.
    What is your X set at? Do you have a notch? Sorry, can't remember.

10. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=duunoit;305086]

What is your X set at? Do you have a notch? Sorry, can't remember.
    I do have a notch and my X is the same as Adam's F1 I beleive ... JO knows exactly since my boat was set up the same as the F1 specs. Its high as I recall and I rooster pretty well at top end.

OK looked around and here: This is the last post Jo mentioned my boat was pretty high due to my setup and lighter weight.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/p...st-summer.html
    Last edited by Mikeb4; 08-26-2009 at 03:24 PM.

11. Collapse Details

Mine is probably about the same...

Did you have a spacer in your drive when you tried the Maximus?

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by duunoit View Post
    Mine is probably about the same...

Did you have a spacer in your drive when you tried the Maximus?
    No, just standard X drive with dual water intake. I was so happy with my 26 Stock B1 (17% slip) that I was going to change only if something else was perfect without a lot of work (labbing/drive height etc ....)

I could do better spending time and money with Brett I'm sure, but it's just not a priority for me right now. I also tried a labbed 26 B1, labbed 28 B1, stock 24 B1, Hydromotive 4 blade and the stock Maximus 24.

By far I liked the stock 26 B1 for bow lift and overall boat position along with a good slip number, great cruising speed, and a good RPM for my dyno chart.

13. Collapse Details

That's right, I forgot your boat doesn't have a whole lot of cabin...

14. Collapse Details

Right, no cockpit or cabin liner, 90 gallon fuel tank and other F1 stuff, so Jo said it's supposed to be 800-1K pounds lighter. I added a little back with the sunpad/hatch and the light cabin interior but not too much, still pretty light.

15. Collapse Details

Ever put it on a scale? Once I get mine all back together I'm going to weigh everything (truck boat and trailer), drop the boat and re-weigh.

16. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    I weighed my F1 with the new interior, blower motor, XR drive with oil cooler system etc. Completely empty besides the "cabin" bed.

The scale stopped at 4950lbs - that's about a 900lbs increase since new with the HP500 motor, bolster seats and bravo drive, and most likely as empty as it could be.
    28 F1 Pantera - Sit down and foot throttle | DPM Drive

17. Collapse Details

I never have weighed mine but the F1's have to be all pretty similar .... mine lost weight removing the blower/dual carbs/Super Chiller but gained on the hatch/swim platform/cabin finish. My cabin work is very minimal and is probably less weight than the bow weight they used when racing Adam's Black F1.

The Nunez's did a great job rigging the battery and pumps down low and centered. My battery is right on the bottom center at the bulkhead to keep the weight centralized and low.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P3230548.jpg  

18. Collapse Details

I never have weighed mine but the F1's have to be all pretty similar .... mine lost weight removing the blower/dual carbs/Super Chiller but gained on the hatch/swim platform/cabin finish. My cabin work is very minimal and is probably less weight than the bow weight they used when racing Adam's Black F1.

The Nunez's did a great job rigging the battery and pumps down low and centered. My battery is right on the bottom center at the bulkhead to keep the weight centralized and low.
    my battery and pumps are identical.

19. Collapse Details

No, just standard X drive with dual water intake. I was so happy with my 26 Stock B1 (17% slip) that I was going to change only if something else was perfect without a lot of work (labbing/drive height etc ....)

I could do better spending time and money with Brett I'm sure, but it's just not a priority for me right now. I also tried a labbed 26 B1, labbed 28 B1, stock 24 B1, Hydromotive 4 blade and the stock Maximus 24.

By far I liked the stock 26 B1 for bow lift and overall boat position along with a good slip number, great cruising speed, and a good RPM for my dyno chart.
    I run the exact same prop. I also have a 27 pitch 4 blade bravo which is on the boat right now actually.

I wouldnt mind getting a few more RPM but the boat runs spot on at 80mph with the 26 (which died last time out due to a blade being thrown).

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    Rick, I was going to try to get in touch with you last week to see if you were around. Ended up kinda short on time Monday and it rained like an MF for about an hour right after I left Pantera anyhow.

I really appreciate the offer and will definately hit you up next time. Thanks bro!

No Problem, next time your around, give a ring, always up for a ride

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij5my3UOuTg

954-254-0414
    Rick