Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I'll put it this way...If he paid 6 grand for that wrap he is f'n crazy! It looked like a damn kid did it IMO! My question is who really cares about a bunch of hearsay anyway! Between this site and the other everyone knows him and probably are smart enough to stay away from him as far as doing business with the guy!! If they arent well........
    As far as the comment about everyone in LOTO being crooks ..well its pretty simple...you havent met the right people from here!
    Some days your the fist and some days your the face!

2. Collapse Details

I bet the entire South Florida boat industry giggled at that comment. So far I have yet to hear the phrase "LOTO Shuffle"

3. Collapse Details

Look I said it was hearsay. Except the part where he told me he was a huge homebuilder developing all this stuff. (which is obviously well documented) Long story short I was a newer member and thought wow this guy knows what is going on. So what if someone new comes on here and has a set of props or a set of headers or a new boat for a Demo and Mr. Darr sneaks trough the cracks and gets someone who does not expect it.

You are correct I have not met the right people from loto I really didn't mean the boating people I just meant the people in general. It seems boats disappear down there a lot props and drives have the ability to disappear. Obviously there are reputable people.

It is just funny the two times I really asked about business on oso The two people who contacted me where Jim and LDD. So don't think these type of people are not out there looking for the new person who just needs some help with there boat or whatever they can manage to help with it you know what I mean.

4. Collapse Details

I agree db...I wasnt trying to come off as abrasive... I was just stating my opinion!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    i bet the entire south florida boat industry giggled at that comment. So far i have yet to hear the phrase "loto shuffle"
    :d:d

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by db71 View Post
    Last I hear Jim was putting his old burnt Nortech in a restaurant in STL (from him before he was banned)
    I know where that boat is being kept, & was told it will have a different fate. I'll ask more about it.

Now i see why he was asking about u on mwbp.com.
    http://midwestboatparty.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=24915

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I bet the entire South Florida boat industry giggled at that comment. So far I have yet to hear the phrase "LOTO Shuffle"
    I guess you are not close enough to LOTO then. I have heard of the "LOTO Shuffle" on more than one occassion.....

Have also heard it refered as the LOTO Two-Step

8. Collapse Details

OH man, we got rid of him and we STILL can't be rid of him

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Dated View Post
    I guess you are not close enough to LOTO then. I have heard of the "LOTO Shuffle" on more than one occassion.....

Have also heard it refered as the LOTO Two-Step
    Yes that makes good sense to say that about LOTO.... Bob Morgan, Randy Scism, Bob Bull, Dennis Hillhouse,Bryan Haupt, Dennis Berry, Dave Scott and a few other well know people from here so we need a cute name or two because of a few peoples love affair of Jim Darr.
    Last edited by WeaponX; 01-19-2010 at 09:02 PM.
    Forget Lightspeed go straight to LUDICROUS SPEED!!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Yes that makes good sense to say that about LOTO.... Bob Morgan, Randy Scism, Bob Bull, Dennis Hillhouse,Bryan Haupt, Dennis Berry, Dave Scott and a few other well know people from here so we need a cute name or two because of a few peoples love affair of Jim Darr.
    Anthony, you've seen me dance man, I can shuffle, 2 step, freestyle, anything on the dance floor, used to love going to the last dance, guess everyone just loves me, guess I'm in good company with these loto guys, no way I can keep up with Mr. Scott though. Robbie did you have time to design the flag logo's, thanks

11. Collapse Details
    this is the real scoop
    Quote Originally Posted by sandlotsparks View Post
    Anthony, you've seen me dance man, I can shuffle, 2 step, freestyle, anything on the dance floor, used to love going to the last dance, guess everyone just loves me, guess I'm in good company with these loto guys, no way I can keep up with Mr. Scott though. Robbie did you have time to design the flag logo's, Anthony, just finished and opened the new Sandlot indoor batting/pitching facility, bring junior up and do some hitting. thanks

12. Collapse Details

registered
    Hello Mr. Darr. Goodbye Mr. Darr.

Either you are getting slicker or we are sleeping on the job. You lasted a whole 8 minutes this time!!

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    Hello Mr. Darr. Goodbye Mr. Darr.

Either you are getting slicker or we are sleeping on the job. You lasted a whole 8 minutes this time!!
    That is hilarious. 2nd time I've been looking at a thread as he is getting banned.

14. Collapse Details

I love how he went everywhere to find me but when he finally does get on here not one comment. He looked for me so long but in that 8 minutes I got no pm or not even a post for me . But he looked for me on these other sites Jim Next time you get here respond to what I said I think people would be interested in hearing your side.

Most of his best stories where deleted by him before he got banned.

Like the one where he was going to start making boats at his boat manufacturing facility out of some composite material Yamaha Jet skis are made of. Keep in mind they had molds and where already making boats there.

Or the time he posted he bought that big yellow aluminum hulled cat and it was at loto. when in fact another person comes on and says they can see it from there house right now and they called the owner and he had never even heard of Jim.

Lets not forget about all of these money deals. Which only seem to happen to Jim.

I read the one about the old Nortech as soon as it burned he came on the thread and said it is coming back to St Louis to be put into a restaurant.(Who want an old burnt boat inside the restaurant.

Now he is basically threatening me stalking me whatever you want to call it.

For the record the comment I made about the guy he said was his framer. Which he reiterated on oso last week. This guy was definatly a home builder now he had his own crew and they did other stuff also but Jim definatly was given money by him for a house that he was building for himself. (some would call that employment but I think Jim tried to spin it as he would manage the project for a fee and the guy could stay in St Louis and do what he needed to do) which backfired on him.

I love how he said that Brad got his money back in 2 weeks after he sent money for sold props. I'm pretty sure Brad sent someone to retrieve that money for him.

Oh and The supercat cove project would probably be a 20mil project minimum. If Jim spent $40,000 and his partner backed It must not have been a 50/50 split. Jims money would probably maybe pay for a survey.

15. Collapse Details

I have read this entire thread and all I can say is WOW!

Gino,
    You should know better. You live in South Florida. If the wire transfer shows that the money is there then the props will be released for shipping. Until that time, sorry. And on the bounced check, you should not have let a BOAT DEAL cost you money and run the risk of bouncing a check. Most deals have a tenancy of getting goofy real quick.

I sure am glad that I haven't had any dealings with Mr. Jim Darr. When I hear his name, I know the story is going to get Goofy real quick like. If you need advice on building at the Lake, call Chuck Brown. He can give you the best advice and won't ask for money. He has built quite a few down there; houses, condos, and use to own the Holiday Inn Express; If I need parts or service at the Lake, I deal with Rome from All About Boats. He has always shot me straight and is fair on pricing.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by db71 View Post
    Now he is basically threatening me stalking me whatever you want to call it.

Welcome to the club I keep hearing about how he was looking everywhere for me at LOTO last year so we could handle this face-to-face. That's odd since I was at every event wearing a bright red Serious polo.

The best ones so far were the ones where "... You should be aware of my military background", and ...I have a plane ticket this Friday to come and see you personally.

Funny stuff.

17. Collapse Details

Banned
    Welcome to the club I keep hearing about how he was looking everywhere for me at LOTO last year so we could handle this face-to-face. That's odd since I was at every event wearing a bright red Serious polo.

The best ones so far were the ones where "... You should be aware of my military background", and ...I have a plane ticket this Friday to come and see you personally.

Funny stuff.
    I would buy a ticket to that.

18. Collapse Details

...I have a plane ticket this Friday to come and see you personally.
    Obviously you have one very Serious fan there Chris.

OR, is it LOVE????????

19. Collapse Details

My favorites are his ultimatums. E-mails telling me "if you let me on this can be all over. You have until noon tomorrow" and "You can't keep me off..."

Well Jim, we've got a mod staff that says otherwise

20. Collapse Details

hehehehehe Darrget practice.