Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Airpacker View Post
    But the "other site" doesn't have the mod team this site does Gino. We are always watching for the Darrs of this world to appear here and then we chit can them BEFORE they can take advantage of our members. The other site has allowed him to screw over many people and so they should make it a sticky, well, actually they should make sure he can't register there but thats their issue. Ours is to protect our members to the best of our ability.
    Reading that made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Thanks!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Lubejobs42 View Post
    did you have a run in with him?
    several.
    VP of Operations, GLOC's Fastest Pontoon 2009

3. Collapse Details

I was laying low on what happended to me but now my friend Gino had some issues with Jim Darr.
    I sent Jim Darr $1275 for a set of four blade Number six props in late March. I was told they would be sent right away. I also saw he had them listed on EBay with a buy it now for $1450. I assumed he would close the auction that had seven days to run. I was told the props were sent UPS yet the auction continued and at the last minute somebody bought them for $1450 even after he got my check. I asked Jim if the props were sent to me and was assured they were. When asked about the Ebay deal he also assured me that guy bought a jacket not props???? Weeks go by and I ask about the props and he told me he would look into it. Must be lost by UPS. I asked for a tracking number, no response. In the meantime the Ebay buyer leaves postive feedback for the nice props.
    Now I get angry and ask for my money back. He continued to say the props came back as undeliverable to my address. He agreed to send my money back check is in the mail. Still more time and no check. Now he says he ran out of checks. I told him to pay me with Paypal, bank check or wire transfer. He can not get to the bank as he is out of town, he does not have a Paypal account (yet he was paid by the Ebay buyer). Many, many emails back and forth with him telling me I would get paid to relax..... he is a self made millionaire and not to worry. I was finally paid with a bank check May 15th. I should post the emails for all to see the the way he operates.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jayboat View Post
    Reading that made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Thanks!
    send beach pix!!!!!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bradz View Post
    I was laying low on what happended to me but now my friend Gino had some issues with Jim Darr.
    I sent Jim Darr $1275 for a set of four blade Number six props in late March. I was told they would be sent right away. I also saw he had them listed on EBay with a buy it now for $1450. I assumed he would close the auction that had seven days to run. I was told the props were sent UPS yet the auction continued and at the last minute somebody bought them for $1450 even after he got my check. I asked Jim if the props were sent to me and was assured they were. When asked about the Ebay deal he also assured me that guy bought a jacket not props???? Weeks go by and I ask about the props and he told me he would look into it. Must be lost by UPS. I asked for a tracking number, no response. In the meantime the Ebay buyer leaves postive feedback for the nice props.
    Now I get angry and ask for my money back. He continued to say the props came back as undeliverable to my address. He agreed to send my money back check is in the mail. Still more time and no check. Now he says he ran out of checks. I told him to pay me with Paypal, bank check or wire transfer. He can not get to the bank as he is out of town, he does not have a Paypal account (yet he was paid by the Ebay buyer). Many, many emails back and forth with him telling me I would get paid to relax..... he is a self made millionaire and not to worry. I was finally paid with a bank check May 15th. I should post the emails for all to see the the way he operates.
    I'm glad you got your money back.
    I hope this is a lesson to everyone. If someone screws you, post it! Had i known about Brads issue and several others i was emailed on this J.O. I never would have wasted my time. That day I drove to Miami to get the props for him I blew off about 5 other things i needed to do. All for this!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TIKI View Post
    Anyone have a pic of this D-Bag?

Got this off his facebook. Is this him? I'm at LOTO every weekend; so I'd like to keep an eye out for him.
    Was that pic taken at Super Cat Cove?

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmic12 View Post
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

8. Collapse Details

Jim has been outed repeatedly- on here since day 1 and at least 3 or 4 years over on OSO. He's got so many bad dealings, BS deals, fabrications and so on, it's unimaginable that everyone hasn't heard about this.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic12 View Post
    Yeah, and that cat he is in is one of the boats "he built" in "his factory" in Granite City, IL.

10. Collapse Details

I have a file on him..here is just a sample of his screen names..on just OSO:

Wiggler, Wiggler4490, BuddyO, Pumpakee, Gramps, Lonseal, Leilas, Boonvilee1963, eveloutionautomat, Leila4490, Jim Darr, Ckthekat..

and I know I missed a few. I am glad ya'll are on to him..Thank You.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
    I have a file on him..here is just a sample of his screen names..on just OSO:

Wiggler, Wiggler4490, BuddyO, Pumpakee, Gramps, Lonseal, Leilas, Boonvilee1963, eveloutionautomat, Leila4490, Jim Darr, Ckthekat..

and I know I missed a few. I am glad ya'll are on to him..Thank You.
    can we say psychiatrist, medication, kneecaps??????

12. Collapse Details

So this seems kinda fishy, huh?

http://www.performanceboats.com/html...d=1#post689741

Edit:

Turns out just a big coincidence with name choices for PB and not this JD?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...rops-asap.html

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Lubejobs42 View Post
    There are so many good people on these sites that we belong to. I have done favors for strangers i don't know.....
    I agree Gino. Don't let the Darr's of the world change you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
    Over 35 threads on this guy of not handling situations properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Jim has been outed repeatedly- on here since day 1 and at least 3 or 4 years over on OSO. He's got so many bad dealings, BS deals, fabrications and so on, it's unimaginable that everyone hasn't heard about this.
    +1

I feel sorry for those screwed but I'm flabbergasted how it keeps happening.

14. Collapse Details

He is selling rides on his Skater for those who want to go. He notified me that he has the insurance & a Captain's license. Right, & I'm a Mexican jet pilot.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Idea Baja View Post
    He is selling rides on his Skater for those who want to go. He notified me that he has the insurance & a Captain's license. Right, & I'm a Mexican jet pilot.
    Didn't realize U had been taking fly'n lessons!!!

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleface View Post
    Didn't realize U had been taking fly'n lessons!!!
    The scary part is i think he does have a pilots license! i'm scared to ride in his boat w/ him at the helm, let alone be w/ him off the ground.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BDiggity View Post
    The scary part is i think he does have a pilots license! i'm scared to ride in his boat w/ him at the helm, let alone be w/ him off the ground.
    I actually do hold a valid FAA pilot's license. I'll tell you the same as I tell everyone else that has flown with me. "I don't want to crash any more than you do so I'm going to do what I can to keep us safe. Now hold my drink for take off."

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Idea Baja View Post
    I actually do hold a valid FAA pilot's license. I'll tell you the same as I tell everyone else that has flown with me. "I don't want to crash any more than you do so I'm going to do what I can to keep us safe. Now hold my drink for take off."

19. Collapse Details

Atta boy Jim......at least your consistent

20. Collapse Details

It's getting really good over here

http://forums.boatfreaks.org/showthread.php?t=13618
    Run until it sounds expensive