Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    finally (progress)
    Dropped the motor in the boat today. I would have taken some pictures, but I think I was about to stroke out (didn't eat anything all day and definately didn't drink enought water) by the end of the day.

Got the oil lines plumbed and the carb put back on the motor. Still need to install the exhaust, put the drive together (and put it on) and do a little more with the fuel plumbing (my carb isn't setup exactly like Sean's was).

I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow...

Tim, I don't see how you do it in 114* heat. I guess I should have been drinking beer

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by duunoit View Post
    Dropped the motor in the boat today. I would have taken some pictures, but I think I was about to stroke out (didn't eat anything all day and definately didn't drink enought water) by the end of the day.
    Wow, it looks that good huh!?

Glad to hear it's coming along! I had a good day messing with the 24 today, although I nearly cut my arm off trying to get the plugs out of the stbd motor...

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

3. Collapse Details

this thread is worthless without pics

4. Collapse Details

The thread, me... yep totaly worthless. I only got about 30 minutes to mess with it today (not counting putting my mess up and getting the boat out of the driveway so I can get to work tomorrow). About the only thing I accomplished was getting the studs in the drive for the drive spacer. I also got my fuel plumbing situated.

If it makes you feel and better the pictures would look the same today as they would yesterday

5. Collapse Details

The motor look good sitting in there or is it lemon/lime sprite?

6. Collapse Details

It's lymon. I'll put those other valve covers on and that will make it look a little better. Scotty offered to paint the air cleaner for me this fall/winter so that will look better.

7. Collapse Details

Got to work on it today while Brit and Jr took a nap after a day at the pool. Got the ignition on and wired up. Got the exhaust on and got the oil temp sender wired up. I was going to put the valve covers on before I did the exhaust but I don't know what I'm going to do about the breathers....

Still have to put the drive together (and on) and put some fluids in the motor and I'll be ready to go.

Anywho, here are some pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN1430.jpg   DSCN1431.jpg   DSCN1432.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

Very nice! Wait 'til you hear it fire off through those pipes!

9. Collapse Details

looks great in those colors
    Parabellum FJ²B

10. Collapse Details

The valve covers and air cleaner kind of clash with the bilge. I've got another set of valve covers and will be getting the ac painted to match so it looks a little better...

11. Collapse Details

keep it up!!!

12. Collapse Details

It's funny, its almost like seeing nude photos of your ex girlfriend on the internet...

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dude! Sweet! View Post
    it's funny, its almost like seeing nude photos of your ex girlfriend on the internet... :d
    :d

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by duunoit View Post
    Got to work on it today while Brit and Jr took a nap after a day at the pool. Got the ignition on and wired up. Got the exhaust on and got the oil temp sender wired up. I was going to put the valve covers on before I did the exhaust but I don't know what I'm going to do about the breathers....

Still have to put the drive together (and on) and put some fluids in the motor and I'll be ready to go.

Anywho, here are some pictures.
    Looks good in there ..... too bad the prior owner didn't step up and paint the bildge white! the motor would look perfect then!

Also isn't that Aeroquip push lock hose and fittings the best to work with!! all is great except undoing and re-rigging but I love them.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeb4 View Post
    Also isn't that Aeroquip push lock hose and fittings the best to work with!! all is great except undoing and re-rigging but I love them.
    I probably should have taken a couple of the hoses apart, cut them down and put them back together, but I got them to work like they were without kinking/folding them so I figured I ought to leave them alone.

16. Collapse Details

you made the right decision, keep moving forward and get the boat in the water. You can always pretty it up later.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tomcei View Post
    you made the right decision, keep moving forward and get the boat in the water. You can always pretty it up later.
    Exactly! once I figured out I needed an oil thermostat it was a quick & dirty install last June, and then just a month ago I finally mounted the thermostat properly on the transom and redid all the lines. I was so bummed draining all that oil into the clean bildge even with towels out but it needed to be done.

18. Collapse Details

you can also use old 1 gal milk/water jugs and cut them up to fit any situation., (well, almost any situation)

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tomcei View Post
    you can also use old 1 gal milk/water jugs and cut them up to fit any situation., (well, almost any situation)
    How do you think I made the fuel system for my 24!

20. Collapse Details

Chris looking good buddy !!!! Love the color of that engine compartment, yellow is always worth an extra 2-3mph !!!

You don't need a nice Complete XR ITS system to hang off the back of it do you ??? NO I am not giving up on my project just yet.. lol , just have an opportunity to upgrade just a tad...