Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    So how was the weekend????
    How did everyones weekend go? Mine was good. Dropped in down at waterfront bar on the river Friday nite. Did some bar hopping Friday nite and saturday nite. It was cold out! But my motors really liked the cool air!

Friday nite ended up getting bombed at the marina bar, so left the boat in the slip and slept on it. It was cold out, so I figured id turn on my newly fixed reverse cycle heat. Woke up at about 4am with it being about 120 degrees in the cabin! so turned it to a/c and went back to sleep. Woke up a few hours later, and it was freezing!!!! Didnt bring any blankets, so ended up using my canvas cockpit cover as a blanket to keep warm. lot of fun. Need to get a digital t-stat for the a/c unit.

2. Collapse Details

Spent some time at Marina Shores in Indiana on Sunday. It was pretty cool out, so we just hung around the docks.

I have a feeling it is going to be a long while before the lake warms up this year...

3. Collapse Details

Had a nice road trip. Brian got my dash halfway done on Friday, should be buttoned up and hopefully on the water by next Friday afternoon. National Corvette Museum and Mammoth Cave.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vettemammoth 002.jpg   vettemammoth 017.jpg   vettemammoth 035.jpg  

4. Collapse Details

Hit the lake on Friday and Saturday. Friday was definately the nicer of the 2 days, but the lake was calm both days. Friday launched in Michigan City and ran to New Buffalo and ate lunch at stray dog. Saturday launched in Michigan City and ran to New Buffalo and then to boaters beach. The lake is still really cold with temps on even in the 50's yet

5. Collapse Details

Just 2 an a half weeks or less for splash down. "Damm ! thing better have wings"

6. Collapse Details

I splashed sunday outta Diversey for my shakedown run... Boat ran good except the stbd drive oil reservoir continuing to leak, albeit at a much more rapid pace than last season. I'm going to see if I can locate the source of the leak thursday.

We ran from Diversey to the pen with seas varying between approx 3' and 5'. Boat handled it fine. Chilled (literally) in the pen for an hour and a half then decided to go through the lock and cruise the river a little bit to get outta the damn wind, then have cocktails at Flatwater. It was the first time cruising up the river for us, and we had a lot of fun waving to broads.

Quotes of the day from my friend Crazy Pat, who is a bartender at Castaway's:
    "Did you just pass castaways flying in the air?"

Why yes I did sir.

"I thought that was you, I didn't see any other boats that day jumping through waves. I'm like to the other bartender "hey that cigarette boat is bouncing off the waves pretty good." Then I saw the neon, and I was like "thats my buddy Captain Chris."

How'd we look, Pat?

"Considering your boat was airborne, I would say you guys were looking like you were living the dream."
    Unstoppable f'n terror.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by baddogz28 View Post
    I splashed sunday outta Diversey for my shakedown run... Boat ran good except the stbd drive oil reservoir continuing to leak, albeit at a much more rapid pace than last season. I'm going to see if I can locate the source of the leak thursday.

We ran from Diversey to the pen with seas varying between approx 3' and 5'. Boat handled it fine. Chilled (literally) in the pen for an hour and a half then decided to go through the lock and cruise the river a little bit to get outta the damn wind, then have cocktails at Flatwater. It was the first time cruising up the river for us, and we had a lot of fun waving to broads.

Quotes of the day from my friend Crazy Pat, who is a bartender at Castaway's:
    "Did you just pass castaways flying in the air?"

Why yes I did sir.

"I thought that was you, I didn't see any other boats that day jumping through waves. I'm like to the other bartender "hey that cigarette boat is bouncing off the waves pretty good." Then I saw the neon, and I was like "thats my buddy Captain Chris."

How'd we look, Pat?

"Considering your boat was airborne, I would say you guys were looking like you were living the dream."
    If drive oil tank is not comprimised have you tried those leak proof reservoir caps they work well

8. Collapse Details

No I haven't, but it doesn't seem to be leaking from the reservoir... I'd imagine it's the line going to the drive that has a hole in it or something.
    Unstoppable f'n terror.

9. Collapse Details

No I haven't, but it doesn't seem to be leaking from the reservoir... I'd imagine it's the line going to the drive that has a hole in it or something.
    I see!

10. Collapse Details

Spent Saturday in the Play Pen !!!

11. Collapse Details

In your boat?

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OBNOXUS View Post
    Spent Saturday in the Play Pen !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    In your boat?
    Thanks for the call Den, I would have made the trip

13. Collapse Details
    You Know Him Longer ???
    Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    In your boat?
    Then Me and I Smell a Fish Story Brewing.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    Thanks for the call Den, I would have made the trip

Hell,,,,, Im still waiting for YOUR call last Friday !!!!!

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
    Then Me and I Smell a Fish Story Brewing.

So,,,, whats it like in your own little world?

16. Collapse Details

Boat ran good except the stbd drive oil reservoir continuing to leak, albeit at a much more rapid pace than last season. I'm going to see if I can locate the source of the leak thursday.

."

If its not in the bilge,,,,, you have a drive seal leak,,,,, pull the prop and pull the drain plug for just a second and make sure its clean green fluid there.

They operate under pressure so it is possible to leak fluid and not take in water. Especially if its an upper seal leak,,,, then its all sitting in your bellows !!!!

17. Collapse Details

Or better yet Chris...just look behind your boat when its sitting still in the water...if there's a rainbow back there (or even a tiny skim)...its a seal leak. I've had it before...pulled the prop, replaced the o-ring (it had gotten kinked) and it was all good.

18. Collapse Details

I went offshore fishing on Sat. Great trip we had the ice box full by noon and headed to shore with 600 lbs of fish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fishing Trip 5.23.09.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

Hell,,,,, Im still waiting for YOUR call last Friday !!!!!
    Upps should have figured that I was on the lake It was the nicest day of the weekend

20. Collapse Details

If its not in the bilge,,,,, you have a drive seal leak,,,,, pull the prop and pull the drain plug for just a second and make sure its clean green fluid there.

They operate under pressure so it is possible to leak fluid and not take in water. Especially if its an upper seal leak,,,, then its all sitting in your bellows !!!!
    Thanks Den, I'll check that out tomorrow if I'm not stuck at work...

Mike, no rainbow oil slick behind the boat.
    Unstoppable f'n terror.