Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 2TR View Post
    I'm in Chesterfield, MI. It was listed last year but I was not really getting any serious offers so I pulled it. Now the wife is all about a Sedan Bridge "Weekend" boat and I would really like to sell this one before I buy another, Owning 3 boats is grounds for divorce in some states.
    OK, then this is the same boat that used to be listed on OSO some time back. I thought it looked awfully familiar. It is a very nice boat and 2 or 3 years ago it wouldn't have lasted long at all. If I didn't already have a boat, I would be on your doorstep negotiating with cash in hand. Like you said though, multiple boats is grounds for divorce in some states! I know a guy that has been barking about wanting a boat like this. I'll let him know about it and see if there is any bite in him.

2. Collapse Details

True... Would 33K be a better price?

No need to lower your price. It will only lower offers.

I offer a CLOSING service on the side. For a small fee, I will hook you up!!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
    If your getting low ball offers that is great. Every deal starts somewhere. The best salesmen end up taking low ball offers into workable figures. People never really know what they really are going to end up spending when they like something. Just need to convince low ballers that they haven't realized the value of your boat.
    And if you have cash and won't be looking to turn this boat in a year or two it is a lot of boat for the money and a great value.

4. Collapse Details

Any boat is only worth as much as some one willing to pay for it and buy it.
    From first hand experience. I had the Avanti out this weekend, some guy was interested, (very little) but asked me if I would trade for a house.
    Yeaahh.... right.
    Life is: what happens... when you plan something else.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sellsman11 View Post
    No need to lower your price. It will only lower offers.
    Ok, 45K than..

But thanks for all the help... I was thinking it was my boat, my ad or something I was doing wrong. I did get a e-mail from this ad and the person said the year makes it difficult to fiance (something about it being 10yrs old) and a person would have to come up with a substantial down payment for the bank.

6. Collapse Details

Registered
    Your boat is definately priced right! Theres just not as many buyers out there right now and the ones that are have an incredible selection to choose from.

7. Collapse Details

There was a guy on OSO looking for a 29 Scarab. Might want to look into that...

8. Collapse Details

Charlie's post is making me so scared I might throw up.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Perlmudder View Post
    There was a guy on OSO looking for a 29 Scarab. Might want to look into that...
    Who ? If someone looking they might as well get the best value for the $$ and take a look at mine....

10. Collapse Details

Registered
    Couldn't be in a worse market for selling a boat with the local economy and now Chrysler and GM further downsizing. I sold two homes in Troy and Beverly Hills last year and took huge hits on both and then understood what is going on with the economy locally.
    Hopefully someone out of state has some loose cash.
    ed

11. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor glassdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
    OK, then this is the same boat that used to be listed on OSO some time back. I thought it looked awfully familiar. It is a very nice boat and 2 or 3 years ago it wouldn't have lasted long at all. If I didn't already have a boat, I would be on your doorstep negotiating with cash in hand. Like you said though, multiple boats is grounds for divorce in some states! I know a guy that has been barking about wanting a boat like this. I'll let him know about it and see if there is any bite in him.
    It is actually very nice to, i've seen it where it was stored up in Michigan there. Rick (2TR) takes care of his stuff to.
    Throttles- Cleveland Construction/Traffic Light Racing 377 Talon cat

12. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    If your getting low ball offers that is great. Every deal starts somewhere. The best salesmen end up taking low ball offers into workable figures. People never really know what they really are going to end up spending when they like something. Just need to convince low ballers that they haven't realized the value of your boat.
    bingo

13. Collapse Details

Could not have said it better myself!
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

14. Collapse Details

Well said

A bidder is better than a looker......

15. Collapse Details

As someone who's been shopping, and sorta in this range (although my range keeps moving down due to being a GM employee.....to the point I'm not sure I'd buy anything now) I can offer my take.

What is NADA? If you are way over NADA, financing can be quite difficult. Everyone thinks book doesn't apply to them, but if financing is dependent on it the buyer has no choice.

Next, you are competing with repos and fire sales. I'm personally only looking to buy if it is way under blue book, and I think I could sell it in an emergency quick (see above comment about GM employee).

Last, I personally am not a fan of the 90's colors, but I do think there are people that love them, so wouldn't think it to be a big hurdle.

Good luck, sounds like the boat is well taken care of and will find a buyer.

Oh, and a few weeks is nothing in this market.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by RLJ676 View Post
    As someone who's been shopping, and sorta in this range (although my range keeps moving down due to being a GM employee.....to the point I'm not sure I'd buy anything now) I can offer my take.

What is NADA? If you are way over NADA, financing can be quite difficult. Everyone thinks book doesn't apply to them, but if financing is dependent on it the buyer has no choice.

Next, you are competing with repos and fire sales. I'm personally only looking to buy if it is way under blue book, and I think I could sell it in an emergency quick (see above comment about GM employee).

Last, I personally am not a fan of the 90's colors, but I do think there are people that love them, so wouldn't think it to be a big hurdle.

Good luck, sounds like the boat is well taken care of and will find a buyer.

Oh, and a few weeks is nothing in this market.

Thanks for the honesty!

I just checked NADA and I'm priced a little under average retail when the trailer is included, so financing would not be an issue. But I think your right, people are looking for "steals" not "deals" in this market and if it comes down to giving it away I would rather keep it.

17. Collapse Details

I have to agree with whoever said that getting the F&I done on anything 10 yrs or older that is what I have seen and it is a tough one to get past if you don't have a big chunk of change down. I think you are priced where you should be but it is a tough market.
    Good Luck I wish I could help by taking it off yer hands, just not in the cards this year

18. Collapse Details

Thanks for the honesty!

I just checked NADA and I'm priced a little under average retail when the trailer is included, so financing would not be an issue. But I think your right, people are looking for "steals" not "deals" in this market and if it comes down to giving it away I would rather keep it.
    Good work, if you're below NADA you are way ahead of most guys selling.

I don't want to name brands, but lets say you're interested in a 2001 "Funsation" 2888 that books for 33K avg, but guys are asking $55K.....well lets just say there's probably not a cash buyer looking for that particular boat. I'm not even going to bother calling these boats as I don't want to insult someone with a 20K off offer, but couldn't finance anywhere near the ask (not that I think a 10 year old single is worth 50K anyways these days).

Give it some time and see what happens. Also, more pics would never hurt the add. And make them good. I have had a truck listed with some crappy pics I took. I just traded it in and asked the guy to send me the pics he'll use on Ebay. He'll have it sold in no time I think, cuz his pics are that much better.

Guess which was my pic (the other one makes me want to go and buy the truck again!)?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 08 2500 Angle Nice.jpg   08 2500 Side.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Top Banana View Post
    It will either go quickly or not at all. We are all going through an economic time that is unlike anything anyone has ever experienced before.

The first of three areas has collapsed. The housing market, combined with massive unemployment numbers, which will in turn create the second collapse around August or so...the commerecial real estate market. The third and final leg will collapse around the end of the year and that will be the credit card market.

Combine these three with historical facts...which has proven over and over again that what is being tried by the gov't has never worked, repeat...never worked in the history of the world, with any government that ever tried it.

So hold on to you boat, because when the hyperinflation starts, you will be able to sell it for twice what your asking....the only problem is, that will be the same price as a loaf of bread.
    A very strong opinion, but most likely incorrect. I just finished recording a 70 minute webinar which will be available soon that points to all the indicators getting stronger. Since I am licensed, i cannot promote it on a national website without being registered in every state. but if anyone wants to PM me, and if I am registered in your state, i will provide the link.

People, we are in extraordinary times. But the actions being taken are precisely what the economy needs. Fears of inflation are certainly warranted. but we will be fortunate to have an inflation problem. Hyper-inflation can be dealt with. But rapid dis-inflation or deflation are economic killers. that is what we are combating now.

Bernanke is the foremost expert on how we got into a Great Depression and how to avoid it. he is running the playbook exactly as it should be. Think of it this way, when the system is working, we can argue the strengths of different ideologies andpolitical persuasions. However, when the system is broken, we have to stop the bickering and look at what can fix the problem. Doingnothing, or letting the "weak" fail, is EXACTLY what put us into the GReat Depression. Now we do have FDIC on bank and such, but we can avoid the horrors of a drawn out depression.

There is plenty of money to be made. People who are waiting for a recovery in a traditional sense will be left out in the cold. those who are examining the developments and making their moves will benefit handsomely.

20. Collapse Details

My Boat question turned into advanced economics #101 class.