1. Collapse Details
    Swivel Seal Question
    How does the seal fit around the busing. It seems as if the bushing is the EXACT same size as the spring thing that is inside the seal?

Want to make sure I get this thing right....

Thanks,

Eric

2. Collapse Details

The seal has a larger O.D. it's not the same size as the bushing i'll look in the morning have 2 to rebuild. Whats a spring thing?

3. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Quote Originally Posted by Seafordguy View Post
    How does the seal fit around the busing. It seems as if the bushing is the EXACT same size as the spring thing that is inside the seal?

Want to make sure I get this thing right....

Thanks,

Eric
    Eric, I found online Merc Manuals you can view or download. Maybe you can find the info you need.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=251571
    ________

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by merperformance View Post
    The seal has a larger O.D. it's not the same size as the bushing i'll look in the morning have 2 to rebuild. Whats a spring thing?
    I went ahead and put it back in as best I could based on my research. When I was looking at the seal and the bushing it almost appeared that the seal was to fit around the bushing in some sort of way but there wasn't any mention of it in either manual I had. Both manuals just simply said to tap it in place and use a bushing Loc-Tite to keep it in place, so that was what I did.

The seal had a circular "spring" that ran around it on the inside of the seal??

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Eric, I found online Merc Manuals you can view or download. Maybe you can find the info you need.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=251571
    Thanks MacGyver. That's a good link. I think that was one of the 2 manuals I was looking at....