Thread: Fastest 41

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    How fast Ed Stella's 41? He is a south Jersey Guy.
    SC Red Hot is the name of it and I am not sure how fast it is but let me put it this way.....It took almost 2600 hp to get 3 different 41's to bump 100!!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    SC Red Hot is the name of it and I am not sure how fast it is but let me put it this way.....It took almost 2600 hp to get 3 different 41's to bump 100!!!!!
    If I had 2600 hp I would want more than just a bump at 100 mph, that would be depressing. I love Apache boats, but seriously if I owned a 41', I would have had expectations of at least 110 mph - Ouch!

Warpath - how fast it is? really doesn't matter to me - just curious.

That is one of my favorite boats of all-time.

3. Collapse Details

wicked won isnt an "Apache" but how fast is she

4. Collapse Details

How many of the 100+ 41's or 47's are pleasure with full cabin???

How about Firewater, anyone know what it ran in race trim?

My friends old 41' with 750 hp tunnel rams on #3's with a half stagger ran 78 on a good day... It was a wave crusher but very heavy so no one could keep up with him in anything over 3-4's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vel%20001.jpg   all.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post

I dunno.
    But I know that now it has triple Stotler 1100s and SSM 6s.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    I dunno.
    But I know that now it has triple Stotler 1100s and SSM 6s.
    I think that's the 47'. I like the 41' with the flames a little better better!
    http://thejerseyboyz.homestead.com/Firewater.html
    Last edited by Geronimo36; 05-26-2009 at 01:23 PM.

7. Collapse Details

I think that's the 47'. I like the 41' with the flames a little better better!
    http://thejerseyboyz.homestead.com/Firewater.html
    Yes, that was the 47. Recently saw an ad.

8. Collapse Details

My friends old 41' with 750 hp tunnel rams on #3's with a half stagger ran 78 on a good day... It was a wave crusher but very heavy so no one could keep up with him in anything over 3-4's.
    Our 41 pleasure with full cabin, Chief 850's and #3A's runs consistently at 84/85. Said to have done 90 but we have yet to see it ourselves. And yes, a wave crusher and we don't have many who can keep up with us in 3-4's.

Personally, I'd rather have the good ride in the 41 than the fast ride. My husband may not have that same opinion.
    Queen of Bammin'

9. Collapse Details

Thanks for the info Chief, it just goes to show how much difference a little weight and balance can make in a boat!!! It would be interesting to see what a 41' would run with some of todays technologies, even a step or two added in... From what I'm told Bob Saccenti's Chief runs 7-10 MPH faster than any pleasure 41' with the same power and it wasn't a light one.

Figure some of the race Apaches weigh in around 8500-9500 lbs and Apache Warrior weighed in somewhere around 12-13K DRY!

10. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefApache View Post
    Our 41 pleasure with full cabin, Chief 850's and #3A's runs consistently at 84/85. Said to have done 90 but we have yet to see it ourselves. And yes, a wave crusher and we don't have many who can keep up with us in 3-4's.

Personally, I'd rather have the good ride in the 41 than the fast ride. My husband may not have that same opinion.
    Supposed to have both. Put a couple of Turbines in one. You'll go well over any safe speed.......

Rumor had it the Turbinator Black Thunder was well over 120......

I know, not an Apache, but loaded up luxury......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

11. Collapse Details

Figure some of the race Apaches weigh in around 8500-9500 lbs and Apache Warrior weighed in somewhere around 12-13K DRY!
    We are getting our boat weighed dry for the first time next week. We are just curious of just how big of a resin bucket she really is.
    Queen of Bammin'

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Supposed to have both. Put a couple of Turbines in one. You'll go well over any safe speed.......

Rumor had it the Turbinator Black Thunder was well over 120......

I know, not an Apache, but loaded up luxury......
    I honestly do not want to go any faster than we are now when we get in big water. That may be due to the fact that this is all new for us (going fast in big water period). It is so intense yet exciting all at the same time. Not sure which emotion wins over the other. Maybe once we've had the boat for a few more years, push her a little more I may be ready to go faster in rough water. Right now I'll stick with that 72-76MPH range.
    Queen of Bammin'

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by straightpriority View Post
    wicked won isnt an "Apache" but how fast is she
    She runs over 100 I thought I heard she ran like 106 or something like that!!!

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    If I had 2600 hp I would want more than just a bump at 100 mph, that would be depressing. I love Apache boats, but seriously if I owned a 41', I would have had expectations of at least 110 mph - Ouch!

Warpath - how fast it is? really doesn't matter to me - just curious.

That is one of my favorite boats of all-time.
    In its day of running it ran in the 90's now with the 6's and bigger power I would suspect that it is running over 100

Look here is the deal if you do the setup and work your a$$ off on dialing it in a lighter 41 will run over 100 like I said Allez Vite was the fastest for the longest time at 106 is there a 41 faster than that maybe I just haven't seen it yet and I have been around a few of them in my time!!! The fastest 47 was and probably still is Apache Heritage and/or Kemosabe....Kemo ran 118 on it's best day....I dont think there is a 47 that has broke 120 yet....Like I said possible but not probable

15. Collapse Details

We ran SC Hot and Island Runner in the late 80's and early 90's out in the Ocean in my father's 27' Magnum (you would be suprised who won). We had not run Stella since he went with big power.

I haven't been down there much in the past 10 years (Margate, A/C), boating prettty much on the upper Chesapeake now.

Apache Heritage was one bad boat. Thanks Sean.

16. Collapse Details

You must tell us the details a 27 up against 2 41s. I did not know your father but if its hairy canery the magnum. i did hear that it just tip toed past frank. HAha great to read this give us more to this story?! do you know frank well?

17. Collapse Details

I was not in the boat when my father ran Kerbeck, it was my Uncle Barry and my father in the boat that day, the Hairy Canary did get around him that day when my Uncle was in the boat. According to my Uncle, that was the day Kerbeck said to my father, "I didn't think you went that fast." To which my father replied, "I didn't you you went that fast either." - all in fun. They were running 85/84 mph that day. (I will talk to my Uncle about this more tomorrow) I thought Kerbeck had beaten him by a 1/2 boat length, but that is not historically accurate.

I do not know Mr. Kerbeck, but I will give him his due, he liked to race. Even when he had that red 32' hot-rod Excalibur he would race anybody, I was in high school then and would be at the Washington Ave. beach in Margate (Lucy the elephant's beach) watching him turn around to race everyone.

When my father had the Hairy Canary, that is what we used to do, sit out in the ocean off that beach and wait for a hot-rodder to pass us by, then roll up along side and wave let's go. You knew was the fastest before you got to the Steel Pier. 42' Cigarette Smokin,40' Fountain Fanny Doctor, 33' Fountain Scrap It, 28' Cigarette Razz Ma Tazz were just a small sample of the boats I can rember from back in the day that we raced that had names; we raced anyone that would give us a go, I miss those days.

I was in the boat the day we ran Stella (SC Hot), it was two separate race off of Margate/Ventnor, we beat him both times, maybe he (Stella) was not running right, I don't know, it wasn't that close. He is a good guy, and I like his boat (SC Hot).

Mancini (forget his first name), had a 38' Cigarette that would just kick the sh*t out most of those bigger boats, he dusted the Hairy Canary as did some other boats. Win or lose (didn't like losing but didn't cry over it either), didn't matter at least you got in a few races, and that made it fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Father.jpg  
    Last edited by Smarty; 05-26-2009 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Attached picture, sorry guys wrong forum for this picture

18. Collapse Details

There was one more Apache back then I do remember, it was a 45 or 47 sit down version, with triple engines. I thought it had "Fire and Ice" on the side of it. It ran on race fuel back then because I remember smelling the exhaust, when it idled past us by the Longport Bridge. That Apache was a faster than any Magnum I knew, including the Hairy Canary. There was another 41' which I thought was Alez Vite in south Jersey in the early 90's, we ran that one too, it was underpowered at the time.

19. Collapse Details

Allez Vite was a Michigan boat that belonged to Pete Rhodes....South Jersey had Island Runner, Mean Streak, SC Red Hot, and a couple of others....Actually the North East and Florida had the biggest concentration of Apaches around....The North East being the biggest of all!!!!

20. Collapse Details

This boat was in New Jersey sometime in the 1990's, specifically the Somer's Point/Ocean City area. We raced it from the Ninth Street Bridge heding south towards the 34th Street Bridge in flat water, it did not have 2 x 1350 hp at the time. It was lucky if it had 2 x 800 hp during that I didn't undertstand why the Apache wasn't just driving by us - I had told my father just before the race started that he, my father, was going to get his ass kicked by this boat, but just the opposite happened. You never know until you roll up along side of someone how fast they really are, there was a mystery back then of who went how fast, before Serious Offshore, and OffshoreOnly took some of the mystery out it.

What does Mean Streak look like?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Apache41.jpg