Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

kirby
    [heil oss !!! Kneel or be banned ...........lol

2. Collapse Details

kirby
    WHAHHHH ! dOUG KELLEY KEEPS BEATING ME ON THE RACE COURSE . WHAAAHH !!!

I QUIT JC. I AM GOING TO " HEIL !!!! OSS !!!!

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    What do you mean there will be Very Little Set Up????? It will be ALL set up if everything is Identical!!! Are we talk I/O or OB's? Will spacers be allowed? AGAIN I like the Idea of the class this way but I don't think it's going to work how you think it is. Who is going to rig all of these boats, unless it is someone like DCB, Grant's , or TNT , I believe you are going to have alot of issues. If you are going to try to offer this type of series and no one is able to do anything on there boats you'll need to own all the boats. I feel cheating will be rampant if not.....This is a giant undertaking and I applaud anyone for taking it on....
    Ryan Beckley

4. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kirby View Post
    These rules make the point . NO GPS .Gino leave it out .If you want it for testing ,test the first boat ,the rest will be identical . If one goes faster , kudos to the team running it .

Be carefull how much seasoning you put on this .Simple is best .You seem to have interest from people who actually race .
    SIMPLE inexpensive competition .

I like teds comment about race #'s

By the way ........are You Really going to do this ? if so get with the boys in youre new neighborhood
    I will leave the GPS issue up to the fist 5 team owners....its not a big deal...

As far as, am I really going to do this...I have been working on it since Feb 08...I started with emails to manufactures and phone calls since then....I have not been able to work on it as much over the race season becasue of my commetment to my race team...but the engine package was the biggest obstacle..which I have overcome...the Hull issue is pretty easy becasue I have been in contact with 2 of them over the last 10 months....but could not go any further without a engine sponsor....so yes...I'm really doing it....but the bottom line will be how many teams will join...I will be purchasing the 1st boat so teams can see I have invested into it along with everythng else I have invested....

Who are my new neighborhoods...you don't ahve to post it...just email it to me...

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    What do you mean there will be Very Little Set Up????? It will be ALL set up if everything is Identical!!! Are we talk I/O or OB's? Will spacers be allowed? AGAIN I like the Idea of the class this way but I don't think it's going to work how you think it is. Who is going to rig all of these boats, unless it is someone like DCB, Grant's , or TNT , I believe you are going to have alot of issues. If you are going to try to offer this type of series and no one is able to do anything on there boats you'll need to own all the boats. I feel cheating will be rampant if not.....This is a giant undertaking and I applaud anyone for taking it on....
    Yes Ryan...there will be very little set up....no spacers...you will see what I mean...I'm not asking anyone to join...I already have some teams that I feel will join with a lot of racing background....thats what I want...these teams will be compinsated for being the 1st ones....the 1st 5 or so I will be working with.....Selling racers on joining a new Series would be very tough...but selling a Series that I already have 5 boats in and racing will be much easier....
    and yes...all the rigging will be in one shop...

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    Thats the point Ted....there will be very little set up...you will have 2 props to choose from and you can add weight to the box set in the bow....thats it....this way more teams will be on the same set up other then if you choose to add weight...which means most boats will be running very close to each other....
    No,I mean the initial set up as they are built. If the rigging and set up is kept exact then the boats should run the same. Now if I was to personally get involved, I would want to know if I could make changes to wiring, connections, fuel fittings, etc. Since I know that the boat MUST stay running to win, if I can't change actual performance setup I would really like to work on reliability. Also, can I add a bumpin stereo and a fridge

7. Collapse Details

I would also like to look at syndicates to race, do you envision the driver and throttle having to be the same each race, or can the boat keep the points??

8. Collapse Details

kirby
    OSS THE ONLY REAL CHAMPS MAN YOURE WORLDS WAS GREAT THIS YEAR >

9. Collapse Details

Do you have a guess on the size? I would say keep them under 26ft so a person could run them Saturday in the "Spec Class" than race again Sunday in Class 6. Small power in a 28 would ride nice but would also get worked in class 5 limiting the boat owners options.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    No,I mean the initial set up as they are built. If the rigging and set up is kept exact then the boats should run the same. Now if I was to personally get involved, I would want to know if I could make changes to wiring, connections, fuel fittings, etc. Since I know that the boat MUST stay running to win, if I can't change actual performance setup I would really like to work on reliability. Also, can I add a bumpin stereo and a fridge
    Yes Ted...you could replace wiring, filters,oil and plugs....regular maintance and so on...since there will be sponsors of equipment..if for example a guage went out the same gauge would have to be replaced....once you see the boat you will understand what I mean....

11. Collapse Details

are you reggie fountain ?

No, but I love a nice big box of ECU's to dig around in Or maybe we could put them all in a pinata and have everyone scramble around on the ground for them before the race, think of the entertainment value. Or better yet, a foot race to the end of a course, station one has props, station 2 has ECU's, run back to your boat, install, and launch for starting position That right there is entertainment, I don't care who you are

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    I would also like to look at syndicates to race, do you envision the driver and throttle having to be the same each race, or can the boat keep the points??
    Once the ownership is purchased it dose not matter who is in the boat as long as they are a member of the Series and in good standings...

13. Collapse Details

Oh, and don't forget all your safety gear for the foot race

14. Collapse Details

No offense intended . I asked so you would proclaim intensity of the program .

Stick to I/O,s ..NO O/B.s APBA already has multiple O/B small boats .In fact their venues would love youre package . think about it . They already have the inshore venues locked up . You would not have to deal with startup ( NIGHTMARE !! ) Then run some true offshore only at premier events .
    just an idea of what i would go see .
    That is a option for venues...that is one of the Orgs I was talking about...I do have 1 Org that I will approach first that I think we will fit in

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    Once the ownership is purchased it dose not matter who is in the boat as long as they are a member of the Series and in good standings...

Excellent, then I have some great marketing ideas for you, we'll talk soon.

16. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    It all sounds good, if it is planned out properly....good luck with your program. I hope you'll have VERY GOOD inspectors. One of the problems with the ONE Design boats is that they were never kept up properly, then teams were allowed to own them , different prop were had and all simplicity was lost. A self owned IROC type program where boats were rotated each race would be much easier to police but would NOT be cost effective. I would think that if you had 5 registered / commited owners come next MARCH , any group would be glad to have you.

Again , I commend you for undertaking this.....
    Ryan Beckley

17. Collapse Details

Gino, PM sent

Pop
    Jim Poplin
    STARS Powerboat Rescue Team
    Established 1983

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 2TR View Post
    Do you have a guess on the size? I would say keep them under 26ft so a person could run them Saturday in the "Spec Class" than race again Sunday in Class 6. Small power in a 28 would ride nice but would also get worked in class 5 limiting the boat owners options.
    1 boat is 26 and the others are 24's....seeing the hp that is being run in Class 6 I would say that it would not be compeditive for that class..

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    It all sounds good, if it is planned out properly....good luck with your program. I hope you'll have VERY GOOD inspectors. One of the problems with the ONE Design boats is that they were never kept up properly, then teams were allowed to own them , different prop were had and all simplicity was lost. A self owned IROC type program where boats were rotated each race would be much easier to police but would NOT be cost effective. I would think that if you had 5 registered / commited owners come next MARCH , any group would be glad to have you.

Again , I commend you for undertaking this.....
    Thanks Ryan....and yes...one Manufacture mention to me about owner 3 or 4 of them and lease them out....but I feel that is not a good way to go...having a owner involved and owning the rights to it would be one of the bennifiits

20. Collapse Details

kirby
    If you want to win ,kick out the REAL competitors like OSS does