Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

"Good morning everyone, welcome back to coverage of the Idiot Racing League."

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    The true IRL.....

3. Collapse Details

kirby
    Heil !!! Oss !!!!!

4. Collapse Details

The speeds will be under 75....pending on the hull we go with will depend on the speeds...I have the speeds of 2 of the munufactures and waiting on the 3rd....on a 3 mile course its just a little bigger then Talladega...so the visability will be much better and will be able to see the whole race...also it will be easier for safety with less ground to cover....also in some of the bigger water races....they will still be able to run good speeds...

Also, I have thought a little ahead of things...if it takes off...all 3 munfactures have a bigger hull...so we can go to a twin engine class in the furture...with the cost only going up to around 80k and speeds in the mid 80's

5. Collapse Details

kirby
    Gino you must heil to oss !!! Bow to speros youre leader lol

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by kirby View Post
    Now that fans have accepted "offshore "boats running "inshore "your'e venues should be inexaustable.

Stick with one class for a while . take it around the country ,make it work ,then talk twins . This is where it always goes wrong . ....the model does not take off quick enough ,sooooo........... let's take on more classes ! (Then the Big Mouth with Big pockets cries ,I,m offended i'm offended ! Lets Buy out that race venue ,we'll show them !!! )
    And of course we know where that ends ....another entity fighting for the same old crews .

Then BOOM !!! now we have sbi,opa ,,popra , and IRL all doing the same thing .

Go with youre first idea . It will work .
    Thats the plan.....down the road if the 30 owners fills up...thats when and only when I would move to enter twins.....this way the owners of the single class can sell there ownership and move up to the twins class....but I have been getting calls about "what about a twins class".....this way they can now read the answers to it....it will be kept simple and cost efficent...and the cheating part will be simple to handle....

7. Collapse Details

kirby
    OSS IS .... ALLL IS OSS !!! BOW MY OBAMANS

8. Collapse Details

One is a 26 and the others 2 are 24's...
    The engine sponsor will handle the engines....a lot easier then you think (see simple part)
    There will be a GPS on every boat that will have a cover on the recall switch...the recall will be reset by the inspector during inspection and cover will be sealed any boat that is running faster then most will have there boat taken threw a indept inspections to find the reason....if found cheating see "simple part"
    There will only be 1 prop company....2 props
    1 ruff water
    1 calm water
    props will be the property of the Org. and drawn at race day...racers choose either a ruff or calm water prop. Other racers will not be able to see what teams are choosing what props...once props are choosen that will be the prop you will race...
    The prop company will inspect each prop after the race...any damage will be billed to the race team to fix it to spec just like they would if it was there's

This is the "simple part"....any boat that that dose not fit the templet that was on deleivery date signed off by the owner during inspection, the owner, racers and boat will be terminated from the Series and the boat (hull #) will not qualifie to race in the Series even with a new owner....and will not be paid the remaining contingency money.

This way the only racers and owners that will have a problem with that are the ones that will cheat....I have read a number of racers posts that said its the job of the race teams to find ways around inspection...and its the inspectors job to find the cheaters....I don't agree with that....its the race owners to comply to the rules...if not the Series don't need you or the racers...if you really want a Series that is equal in race boats and it to come down to the people in the boat then it will be provided....
    We should not have to spend stupid money on hiring a number of inspectors to chase cheaters....

We even have the gas issue taken care of....

9. Collapse Details

My 2 cents :

Keep It Cheap! Cheaper the better, people may be slow to buy a boat for a new class that may not be around in 2 yrs or so. But if the boats are "Cheap", Class 5 Capable and can be used as a weekend "bay blaster" they will be easier to sell.

2 Race Format: If your the only race running Saturday run 2 Short 7 laps races like they did at Havasu (sp?) this year. Fans and racers seemed to enjoy it.

3: When Can I get one?

2TR.
    (a.k.a 2 Trick Rick)

10. Collapse Details

kirby
    Nice to have moderators like brute steroid again

11. Collapse Details

And how sexy will it be to do a poker run or raft up with a full lettered race boat

12. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    I like the idea.....

why would there be a GPS have anything to do with the racing? GPS racing is CRAP!!! Just ask all the class 5 teams in KW!
    Ryan Beckley

13. Collapse Details

Pssst dont forget ECUs, maybe they should belong to the organization too

14. Collapse Details

True, if the setup on the boats is right, GPS is redundant. (And I gotta a radar gun)

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    I like the idea.....

why would there be a GPS have anything to do with the racing? GPS racing is CRAP!!! Just ask all the class 5 teams in KW!
    No offense to any orgs but I totally agree w/ you Ryan! Mininum weight at the end of the race is the only weight to go.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 2TR View Post
    My 2 cents :

Keep It Cheap! Cheaper the better, people may be slow to buy a boat for a new class that may not be around in 2 yrs or so. But if the boats are "Cheap", Class 5 Capable and can be used as a weekend "bay blaster" they will be easier to sell.

2 Race Format: If your the only race running Saturday run 2 Short 7 laps races like they did at Havasu (sp?) this year. Fans and racers seemed to enjoy it.

3: When Can I get one?

2TR.
    (a.k.a 2 Trick Rick)
    The race is already set of 2 starts...1st race will be based on last race finishing orders...2nd race will be inverted to the 1st race finishes...last place inside lane...1st place outside lane..

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    I like the idea.....

Ryan...the reason for the GPS is we will be doing a lot of testing with the 1st boat...we will know what it is capible of doing in differant conditions...
    The GPS will help us...if we have 1 boat thats 2 mph faster then any other and faster then we ever had it in the current conditions then it will give us a reason to check into it...there will also be protest proceedures....

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by THEJOKER View Post
    No offense to any orgs but I totally agree w/ you Ryan! Mininum weight at the end of the race is the only weight to go.
    There will also be a min weight at the end of each race like we did in F1...pending on how many boats there are will determan how many boats get weighed if there is 10 boats we may only weight the top 5 finishers or to how many places the prise moneygose out to.....THIS WILL NOT BE GPS RACING.....it will be something for us to look at if 1 boat is comming a lot faster then the rest...we all know if 1 boat starts to dominate, teams will be lookig for why....if the top boat is running the same speeds as the 3rd and 4th place boats..it will tell us they are just doing a better job on racing the boat around the course

19. Collapse Details

These boats will be identical....you will not be able to move anything on the boat, even down to the fire extinguisher...the only option you will have is a weight box in the bow....adding weight to that area will be the only thing you will be able to add to the boat....

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    True, if the setup on the boats is right, GPS is redundant. (And I gotta a radar gun)
    Thats the point Ted....there will be very little set up...you will have 2 props to choose from and you can add weight to the box set in the bow....thats it....this way more teams will be on the same set up other then if you choose to add weight...which means most boats will be running very close to each other....