Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

yea i agree i enjoyed racing f1-20 it wa a good time and i got my feet wet

2. Collapse Details
    Talking
    also I miss the F2 class, they made the manufactures do mods to the boats making them faster.Wish they still had them,

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 View Post
    also I miss the F2 class, they made the manufactures do mods to the boats making them faster.Wish they still had them,

Yea they got faster and faster.....what an unbelieveable class.

4. Collapse Details

i know i sound like a broken record but if someone has any pics of the snapperhead phantom F2-21.

thanks
    steve

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by THEJOKER View Post
    Yea they got faster and faster.....what an unbelieveable class.
    I guess towards the end ,the engines had mods,hidden water tanks,etc made it not fun for some, The F1 I figure was the most competive and was always a closer race to me.

6. Collapse Details

I miss the F1 days w / the 500 carb and efi. We had it going on and I'll never forget the good times we had. Sarasota , Toronto , W.Palm , Corpus , etc - deck to deck every lap! P-Class today is just not for me.
    I'll very new to the sport of boat racing, the first Offshore race I ever attended was last year at St Clair and I was in it!!

I Have always seen your post about wanting to "bring back" F1 and just though "Let It Go" "Move On" or "Get Over It".. but something changed my mind recently. I seen a 1999 APBA VCR Tape from N.C. and the event looked incredible! I'm not sure if it was editing but the fan turn out and pits looked bigger and better than St Clair looked. One thing Editing could not do was change the boat count, I think there was 18 Boats in F-2 and 16 in F-1.. NOW THATS RACING!!

I would in a second sell the cat and get a F1 boat if the race action was like that again, problem is how do you get it like that again?

BTW, I'm going to upload the 2hr show onto my computer and remove the commercials and you tube it when I have time. I think its a good show!

7. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Well you never know....maybe some idiot is working on investing his money on putting a series like that again....the question will be if someone... lets call him a idiot again puts up his money and gets the sponsors for the series and puts it together will the teams come back...but not a factory series...a 1 hull, one engine, one prop one weight no modifactation at all and everyone races the exact same boat like the IROC Series...and only 30 team owners will be involved...so the owner can sell his boat and teams rights at the going price at that time....but will have to maintain a racing status each year and make 80% of the races each year.....and lets just say this idiot worked out that...the first 7 boat owners will get contingency money for each race of the first year that will add up to 30% of the cost of a 50k complete race boat....but who would be that dum and put up that kind of money and be able to go out and get them type of sponsors.....

Becareful Mr Hollis what your dream for....

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    Well you never know....maybe some idiot is working on investing his money on putting a series like that again....the question will be if someone... lets call him a idiot again puts up his money and gets the sponsors for the series and puts it together will the teams come back...but not a factory series...a 1 hull, one engine, one prop one weight no modifactation at all and everyone races the exact same boat like the IROC Series...and only 30 team owners will be involved...so the owner can sell his boat and teams rights at the going price at that time....but will have to maintain a racing status each year and make 80% of the races each year.....and lets just say this idiot worked out that...the first 7 boat owners will get contingency money for each race of the first year that will add up to 30% of the cost of a 50k complete race boat....but who would be that dum and put up that kind of money and be able to go out and get them type of sponsors.....

Now who would be that crazy to try and put that all together?

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 2TR View Post
    I'll very new to the sport of boat racing, the first Offshore race I ever attended was last year at St Clair and I was in it!!

I Have always seen your post about wanting to "bring back" F1 and just though "Let It Go" "Move On" or "Get Over It".. but something changed my mind recently. I seen a 1999 APBA VCR Tape from N.C. and the event looked incredible! I'm not sure if it was editing but the fan turn out and pits looked bigger and better than St Clair looked. One thing Editing could not do was change the boat count, I think there was 18 Boats in F-2 and 16 in F-1.. NOW THATS RACING!!

I would in a second sell the cat and get a F1 boat if the race action was like that again, problem is how do you get it like that again?

BTW, I'm going to upload the 2hr show onto my computer and remove the commercials and you tube it when I have time. I think its a good show!
    I was part of that and it was a blast!

10. Collapse Details

If that idiot needs any help with that I know another idiot or two that love the concept and would be glad to help.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    If that idiot needs any help with that I know another idiot or two that love the concept and would be glad to help.
    Both of you idiots are idiots. I've been known to be an idiot too!

12. Collapse Details

I was called a IDIOT when I told racers that racing was a buisness to me when I got started....so I like being called a IDIOT....

How crazy would this IDIOT be if he opened a race shop...lets say in New Port Richy were all boats were rigged exactly the same on a templet right down to were the battery boxes and bildge pumps, gauges were all located...nothing could be moved on the boat, every boat would be rigged exacly the same way and the owner would have to inspect the boat before delivery and sign off that everything matches the templet. All materials for rigging will be the same make so sponsorship packages can be formed, from seats to pumps to gauges. From that point on, the owner has full responsibilty that the boat remains exacly to spec. during all inspection.
    And the race shop will also be used for workshops for getting sponsorships for your teams. The more teams with actual sponsors, the better for the Series..

And what if this IDIOT has been working with a engine munufacture for the last 7 months on the series and is now down to talking to hull manufactures to see what is the best for the series....one Manufacture was easy...told him what I was looking for and can he build them in a timely fashion and price was good...2 others I have been working with...1 since Feb 08, the other since April 08...will be meeting with the one on Nov 21. for finnal numbers and pricing and sponsorship and will then take it to the other manufacture to see if they can compete for the contract.....and then will make the finnal decision of the 3. The boats will have 2 race seats but also back seating....it will be a boat that you can truely race on Sat and take the family out the same day with no changes...so it can still be appealing to the 1 boat family.

This IDIOT has signed a 5 year contract with a sponsor with his race team which he can add to this Seires.....

Thinking on races sites....this IDIOT has not talked to any race Orgs but this is the thinking of the IDIOT:

1. I will approch the Orgs when the Series is formed and just like any sponsorship package I propose, I will sit down with them and lay out what the Series can bring to the table.

2. Offer to race on Saturday before regular testing on a shorter course. The IDIOTS thinking is, race on only a 3 mile course, keeping the course shorter with easier visability. since the speeds will not be very fast there is no need for 2 or 3 mile straight aways....in F1 we reached our top speed in around 300 yards when we started at 60 mph

3. The Series will bring in its own prize money and be responsible for its Series.

4. This IDIOT will have a little help if any pemits are need for this with the C.G.

This Sereis in no way wants to take current race teams away from other orgs....but to bring in more teams in a little differant type of racing...

Just some things in the works from a IDIOT....

13. Collapse Details

Hey Ted...I will be talking to people that have interests in the Series...both in racing and directed involment....after seeing some of the crapp that has gone on over the 9 years of racing....you start to learn who to and who not to get involved with.....

The good thing is the max amount of owners that this will be open to is 30...so thats 30 teams which I will be one of and already have a few others that want to race in the Series that I know well....

The thinking is you are in control of your investmet, we keep it inexpensive to race, which the number one thing is the cost of the boat, we get the 30 owners involved, and you now have a race team you can sell the rights and boat to.....and with no updates to the hulls at all, your boat today will be built exacly as the one being built 4 years from now...so the speeds will be the same today as they will be 4 years from now....the only advantage will be the people in the boat...even the prop issue has been worked out....

14. Collapse Details

Hey Ted...I will be talking to people that have interests in the Series...both in racing and directed involment....after seeing some of the crapp that has gone on over the 9 years of racing....you start to learn who to and who not to get involved with.....

The good thing is the max amount of owners that this will be open to is 30...so thats 30 teams which I will be one of and already have a few others that want to race in the Series that I know well....

The thinking is you are in control of your investmet, we keep it inexpensive to race, which the number one thing is the cost of the boat, we get the 30 owners involved, and you now have a race team you can sell the rights and boat to.....and with no updates to the hulls at all, your boat today will be built exacly as the one being built 4 years from now...so the speeds will be the same today as they will be 4 years from now....the only advantage will be the people in the boat...even the prop issue has been worked out....
    I'd also say you have lost your mind but I'd also like to say you know I'd be your biggest cheerleader. Go Gino!

15. Collapse Details

Check your PM

16. Collapse Details

Both of you idiots are idiots. I've been known to be an idiot too!
    I know an idiot that would be another idiot for this also. I guess my wife is correct, i'm an idiot !!!Dave
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the
    American Military. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

17. Collapse Details

Sounds interesting. Keep us posted. Single car/engine series have been
    very successful in road racing. VW currently runs a Diesel Jetta series in the US, Mazda very involved in open wheel series, as well as a pro Miata series.
    The manufacturers get great exposure, the drivers get to showcase their talent, not their budget, as all teams have same equipment. The team owners don't get into a cash war over the newest gadgets to gain 1/10 of a second.
    Could be a great series.
    Rich Smith
    Smith Brothers Offshore Racing Team
    Cotnertrailers.com 611

18. Collapse Details

Gino, Check out these links for the SPR, Spec Racer Ford, It is turly a successful spec racing class with over 800 cars sold, I dont think you need to limit the number of boats to keep value, these cars sell for $27k new and are selling for 18K used, the first car is exactly like the 800th. One Company builds these cars (scca enterprises), their sold threw a13 dealer network. They can maintaine them if you wish, arive and drive. I have been dreaming of this idea for a while glad your doing something abought it. You may even look to Honduras for your Hull work.
    Call me when you have time.
    Eddie

http://www.scca-enterprises.com/

http://www.hrace.com/

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/sp...id=VIDURVAUT12

19. Collapse Details

That pretty cool Eddie...

The thinking behind the 30 ownes is not only the boat resale but the value of the team ownership...if all 30 spots are bought and someone wants to get in...it would bring up the value of the ownership on sale time....

On the boat sale...you would not loose much at all...by keeping the sale being new at 50k it would only depreciate but so much...buying a 300k race boat is a diffeant story...plus the visability of the hull manufacture would be getting would be a plus also....

Also by every boat being rigged exactly the same with the same companys like:
    Batterys
    Guages
    Engines
    Props
    Steering
    and so on....these companys can become part of the Series...

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wardey View Post
    I know an idiot that would be another idiot for this also. I guess my wife is correct, i'm an idiot !!!Dave
    I think there are more IDIOTS out there they we think....but the IDIOTS I have seen that are interested would be the ones to really make this work and already have a great reputation in racing....