Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19
  1. Collapse Details

Engine is sitting in the hole, alignment is done & mounts are fabbed & bolted up nice & solid..

It still has a way to go, but I gotta say it feels good to see the engine bay filling up..

2. Collapse Details

sounds like progress! dont get too crazy, you wont want to turn the key in fear of it getting dirty. you know, that thing will probably grow wings or wheels if it doesnt get wet soon lol.

3. Collapse Details

No worries on the fear of getting it dirty from this camp.. When it runs it will get well used..

4. Collapse Details

All I have is a couple shots off the phone.. That 1st. one always makes me a bit unnerved.. You can see it has a nice amount of working room in front of the engine..

I have allot of nipping, tucking & tidying to do but it will eventually get there..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails power dropped2.jpg   power dropped.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

Managed to get the Sea Strainer, Oil Cooler and both pumps for the k-planes mounted up today..

6. Collapse Details

Got the drive pump installed along with the lines routed & plumbed in.. Also got both battery hold downs along with the batteries locked in place..

I have a good bit of wire sorting to do b/c for some reason I have twice the amount of wires I need...

7. Collapse Details

Despite being captivated by the loto shootout this weekend, I"ve been able to spend a decent amount of time having some fun on the boat lately.. I now have all of the hydraulic steering system finished up.. I ended up replacing all the fittings on the existing helm due to the fact I changed out all the lines with some I had that I liked alittle better than what was in the boat.. It took some time to sort out all the fittings, cooler, filter , routing ect...ect.. Also will have all the lines nicely routed & tucked away.. Also got the throttles out, unstacked, re-stacked & ready to rock on in single mode.. I'm finishing up the fab work on a throttle plate now.. Last night I got all of my measurements for my water lines and also got all my oil line measurements & fittings I need sorted out..

8. Collapse Details

Finished up the "throttle/shifter plate" & he's a quick mock up shot I took earlier.. I would have went ahead & finished the install yesterday, but long story short I had to move the boat for a few days to have some work done here at home..

I also started hacking into my intercooler today for a few reasons.. One reason being best put in southern slang "that I can't leave well enough alone" Another being the fact that I have never completely liked the design being that they used the same cooler for the MPI engines as the carbed version so what they did was put a cheezy block off plate over the outlet of the cooler (inlet of MPI throttle body) Then cut a 3.5" hole in the end of it shove a piece of tubing a good 1/2-3/4" to far in to the hole & weld it up... Anyways as you can see by the photos as I was cutting that it was a pretty in-efficient design.. So leave it up to a redneck with some tools, experience using them and an imagination that won't quit and wallah !! I'm working on the plate to be welded to the side of it now.. This is the kind of work I love !! I also have to fab up some stringer brackets since it will be remote mounted instead of right in front & basically on top of the engine well in the way of allot of stuff that I didn't want it in the way of...

Here's a few "in process" shots after I made the first cut to give a better idea of what I'm talking about..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzsticks 001.jpg   zzzzzzintercoolercut.j1pg.jpg   zzzzzzintercoolercut.j2pg.jpg  

zzzzzzintercoolercut.j3pg.jpg  

9. Collapse Details

A few more after some more cutting, grinding & the first round of port work..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzintercooler 002.jpg   zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzintercooler 003.jpg   zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzintercooler 003.jpg  

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzintercooler 004.jpg   zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzintercooler 005.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

Rock it brother! Lookin' good!

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

11. Collapse Details

I nearly feel like by Sean posting I was just drawn into the movie Old School when Vince Vaughn announced "mitch" as the Godfather himself entering the room..

That being said: I got the intercooler back over the weekend so things are still rolling along as time & resources permit.. Also should have all my oil & water lines sealed up sometime in the near future..

I still have a fair amount of polishing up to do on the cooler & didn't really touch the boat over the weekend as I decided to take a break & spend a couple days to just hang with the family..

If all goes as planned I'm gonna attempt to get a bit of work done throughout the evenings this week so we'll see how that goes..

12. Collapse Details

That movie is going to be the death of me... I think I'm still hung over from the beer funnels on the 4th of July!

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    That movie is going to be the death of me... I think I'm still hung over from the beer funnels on the 4th of July!
    Why did I ever think that movie would resonate with you ??

Managed to get the intercooler locked in its location only to take right back out in an attempt to get going on the polishing work tomorrow at the shop.. Also getting ready to set the drive on the back pretty soon.. Doing most of the rigging at home has definitely made things a bit more challenging from time to time, but its been worth it !!

No work tomorrow night, it's date night at the TN Theatre..
    Last edited by LittleDcsRodShop; 09-15-2010 at 02:51 AM.