Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Scotty, put your boat here...
    C'mon dude! Come over here and lay some Saber science on us!

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

2. Collapse Details

My project is so slow going that I'm not sure its worth posting.. lol..

Okay since it is my west coast mafia buddy I will go ahead & post a pic or two b/c I fear for my life if I let him down... So let the ridicule & abuse begin !! Lol..

So here's a few shots from last weeks progress..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 28 saber ( gelcoat 1 ).jpg   28 Saber ( balsa 1 ).jpg   28 Saber ( stringers ).jpg  

3. Collapse Details

o for gods sake. would you just put the #5's and some big nasty chevys back in that thing. then give me a ride in it again.

todd
    Big Seas and Deep Vee's
    36' Deep Impact trip 300's, 19' Baron surface drive
    Ada Logistics your Flatbed Pro's

4. Collapse Details

Heres a bit more up to date shot for those woundering "Whats the best way to clean the inside of my fuel tanks after a long winter ?"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tanks in progress.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by baronmarine View Post
    o for gods sake. would you just put the #5's and some big nasty chevys back in that thing. then give me a ride in it again.

todd
    I would like to have had both of those #5's & the nasty BBC's that were in it when you rode in it !!

6. Collapse Details

Todd, Would you happen to have any pics of my boat when JD had it besides the few that have been on oso ?? I have never seen a shot of it sitting in the water but it had to sit pretty nice with the 5's on it.

If find any shots please forward them to me if you don't mind..
    littledcsrodshop(at)comcast(dot)net

7. Collapse Details

Lookin' good Scott! Like I said, it's nice to have some inspiration/crash test dummy, for the nonsense I'll be diving into soon! And hell, they let you post pictures for free on this site!

8. Collapse Details

I put this "next door" so I thought I better put it up over here for the same few people that probably just seen it over there..

Just finished glassing in one side of the tank mounts.. Nothing to exciting to look at but we are always asking for progress pics so here you go.. The front mount is 2 sheets of 3/4" bonded togather with 1.5oz mat then glassed over & then nicely tabbed in with a few layers of 1708 bi-ax.. The other 2 shorter mounts are done the same way except 1 sheet of 3/4".. All of it was then locked togather with the stringers with mostly a solid sheet of 1708 & good ole Vinyl Ester resin..

I also managed to get the mounts to be welded on the other tank cutout today along with the flatside that faces the sides of the hull sheared & the sending unit mount ready to weld up.. Hopefully I will get it to my tig guy this weekend & have it back in a week orso & then its start glassing up the other side..

I also finished up installing the candy cobalt blue zero efforts in my fathers Formula today.. Why is it that most every task that seems simple turns into a major project ?? I have done this type of crap for along time & I always seem to under estimate my time !!! They were already set up for twins , however it ony had 1 switch in the handle & his boat is Not a counter rotater so he needed 2 swithes at the throttles & we are stuburn & wanted them in the original round nob & on the same side.. Long story short I had to weld a new tube that runs down the shifters for the extra wires to go through , Paint them , buy a nearly $50.00 switch from merc. & then cut up the existing switch housing & a good bit of the switches to make them both fit in the round mount , then cut his dash up a little , neatly run a few wires, Swap cables & then spent another hundred or so to get all new cable ends 2 seperate times.. (first order shorted me 2) Ect...Ect... I say all that b/c
    its just funny to me how easy some people think custom stuff falls , or should go togather..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tank Mounts.jpg   Tank Mounts 1.jpg  

9. Collapse Details

Heres a shot of the Formula dash & the most comfortable bolsters I have ever sit my rump in !! Just before cleanup & fire up on the hose tomorrow... The boat sounds So SWEET !!! Esp. bouncing off the walls here in the shop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Formula cockpit.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDcsRodShop View Post
    Todd, Would you happen to have any pics of my boat when JD had it besides the few that have been on oso ?? I have never seen a shot of it sitting in the water but it had to sit pretty nice with the 5's on it.

If find any shots please forward them to me if you don't mind..
    littledcsrodshop(at)comcast(dot)net

hey scott

i don't think i have any pic's or yours. spent a lot of time with the saber boys back in the day. jerry and i were pretty good friends. learned alot from all 3 of them. and got a chance to do some cool stuff. lots of boat races, photo shoots and just test rides. those where the days. i still see doug from time to time. keep up the good work.

todd
    Big Seas and Deep Vee's
    36' Deep Impact trip 300's, 19' Baron surface drive
    Ada Logistics your Flatbed Pro's

11. Collapse Details

Scott, looking good bud! Keep up the awesome work! Thanks for posting over here too. Makes my life easier...

Man, you sure said something on the time estimate and the hassle of "easy" custom work. When I did construction, I always made my best, most conservative estimate and then doubled it... Usually worked out just about right. Now, I still do "custom" work from time to time and I'm blown away by how time consuming it is. I took 3 days last week to do something that wasn't "out of the box" and couldn't bill a minute of it. Then it turned out that the info they gave me was wrong... into the sh*t-can it went!

I'm really blown away by the quality, talent and attention to detail you show. Awesome dude! Awesome!

12. Collapse Details

Thanks Sean !!

Just dropped off the other tank to my tig guy..

Its inching along, but slowly starting to gain momentum.

13. Collapse Details

Sean you make it home yet ??

14. Collapse Details

I'm here. I'm goofy from lack of sleep but I'm alive. Came into a sh*tstorm at work today, but I guess that gets me back in the groove!

15. Collapse Details

Glad to hear everybody made it back safe & sound !! I'm sure your glad its all done b/c you guys have to be beat down !! Get some rest & talk to you soon..

16. Collapse Details

You are such a bad influence... I keep thinking "I'll just slap the motor together and stick it back in the boat and run it..." then I think "damn, look at all that cool sh*t Scotty's doing... I've got lots of ideas, I should do that..." then I remember you actually know what you're doing and I go back to slapping the motor in again... It's a vicious cycle.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    You are such a bad influence... I keep thinking "I'll just slap the motor together and stick it back in the boat and run it..." then I think "damn, look at all that cool sh*t Scotty's doing... I've got lots of ideas, I should do that..." then I remember you actually know what you're doing and I go back to slapping the motor in again... It's a vicious cycle.
    LOL !!! It is a vicious cycle no doubt !!!!

Pics. from today

This crap is slow going & very tedious but it will be worth it when its all done.. Atleast thats what I keep telling myself !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Saber tanks.jpg   Saber tanks 1.jpg  

18. Collapse Details

2 more shots after a coat or two of etching primer then a few more coats of good 2K urathane primer.. All the welds are smoothed in for a seamless look & should look real nice when they finally make paint..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Saber tanks 2.jpg   Saber tanks 3.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

I feel like I'm repeating myself, but definately worth repeating on a couple of levels... AWESOME Bro!

20. Collapse Details

Parabellum FJ²B