Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Been sanding my --- off this week in the bilge trying to get ready for primer & paint.. Hope to see some yellow fairly soon.. That is if I don't have to fill the transom again.. Lol...

2. Collapse Details

Hey Scotty, you gotta get off your ass all your Saber buddies are out running already!

Just bustin' on you bro. I haven't done much with either of my boats yet. Just thought I'd swing by and say howdy!

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

3. Collapse Details

No joke !! I'm getting smoked !! Its killing me to see what seems like everybody else living up the summer while I stare at mine walking past it to work on somebody else's stuff & wonder if it will ever see water.. Unfortunatly this makes my 2nd summer dry..

However I do have a bunch of happy customers to wave at as they ride by enjoying the summer.. Its always nice when they stop by & ask if I'm ever gonna get my boat done..

4. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    It'll be worth it.....
    Last edited by jdub; 06-24-2009 at 02:14 PM.

5. Collapse Details

Thanks & I agree, just tuff in the process.. lol..

Have you got to run yours anymore ??

6. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    I was spinning the 24 Bravo up to 5300rpm without the drive trimmed and still had some more on the stick. Was running in the low 60's doing that. So this weekend I'm trying a 27 Mirage and a 26 Bravo. Hopefully with these props and the drive being trimmed I should see some good results.

7. Collapse Details

What kind of power are you running ? Is it a 500 copy ?

I would think the 26 bravo would be better than the mirage, but it will be interesting to see how it goes..

8. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    It was a carbed hp500 that was rebuilt about 4 years ago. Don't know much about it. The build sheet is pretty vague.

9. Collapse Details

Gotcha.. Thought 500 was in there somewhere atleast I had that right.. That being said "throw down the stick & get in some trim" !!! I'm anxious to hear how it does

10. Collapse Details

Had a Really crappy week this week, however thankfully it did get better as the week progressed !!!

I Got the 2nd fuel tank back from my welder yesterday & after a long day away from the shop today I just checked ups tracking & It looks as if I finally got the vinylester I have been waiting for.. Sooo hopefully if all goes as planned I will be at the shop tommorow glassing in the 2nd set of tank mounts.. (they are already inplace & bonded, they just need some biax layed over them)

Anywho, I will keep you homies informed & hopefully we will see some yeller soon !!!

11. Collapse Details

Spent a few hours at the shop earlier today getting all my glass cut out & ready for the last set of tank mounts.. Then the family & I went to the lake this afternoon & spent some time playing around & now its back here at the shop to finish up laminating & tabbing in the mounts..

Who was it that told me a while back on one of the boards that sleep was way over rated ?? Man I need to start taking better advise..

12. Collapse Details

I have been utilizing every spare moment I can find sanding my fingertips off in the bilge lately.. I have most of it in primer, I Really need to realize that its a bilge & that every radius ect...ect.. doesn't have to look like its a front fender on a Ridler car.. But I seem to have trouble with that kinda thing when it comes to certain things !! Sad thing is alot of it will be covered up & not to mention that 95% of the people that look at it will only see shinny when it done.. Lol !!

Heres a couple crappy cell phone shots with part of the primer still wet so it looks kinda funky in some areas so please excuse & disregaurd those.. You can get an idea of the size of the stringers & how they will look..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails saber bilge in primer.jpg   saber bilge in primer 2.jpg  

13. Collapse Details

Ridler bilge! Oh man Scotty... that's a good one! Just wait until you blow a motor and sprays oil all over that show bilge! Keep up the good work brother! Someone out there has to balance out all the crazy redneck stuff the rest of us do to our boats!

14. Collapse Details

LOL !!! I may do all that work & then just decide to mirror the entire floor of the bilge stringers & all !! haha..

Have you decided what you are gonna do with the X-racer ??

15. Collapse Details

I wish i had that kind of patience. looks awesome.
    Parabellum FJ²B

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDcsRodShop View Post
    LOL !!! I may do all that work & then just decide to mirror the entire floor of the bilge stringers & all !! haha..

Have you decided what you are gonna do with the X-racer ??
    Still kinda struggling with what to do... Looks like the block is already out to its max overbore, so if it can't be cleaned up with a hone and new rings, I'm making a bad ass coffee table and then my options are wide open. If that's the case, I'll probably focus more on the 24's to-do list fo the rest of this year and jump on the 28 over the winter.

Basically, I'm down to either single BBC or side by side SBC... You know anyone else who can't decide how to power his boat...

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    Still kinda struggling with what to do... Looks like the block is already out to its max overbore, so if it can't be cleaned up with a hone and new rings, I'm making a bad ass coffee table and then my options are wide open. If that's the case, I'll probably focus more on the 24's to-do list fo the rest of this year and jump on the 28 over the winter.

Basically, I'm down to either single BBC or side by side SBC... You know anyone else who can't decide how to power his boat...
    Yeah seems as if I remember another guy with a similar problem a while back on the how to power thing.. Sometimes he still thinks to himself what should I have done.. lol esp when he is about to go home from another few hours of climbing in & out of his bilge.. This stuff wouldn't be so bad if the sides of our boats were removable for easy access.. But hey I keep telling myself it will be worth it one day !!

Either way you power will you be speckling your bilge ??? & Ifso what color carpet will you go with for the inside of your engine hatch ?? :smilielol5:

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    I wish i had that kind of patience. looks awesome.
    Thanks !!!

19. Collapse Details

Chicks dig zolatone bilges and astroturf hatches!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 31.jpg  

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    Chicks dig zolatone bilges and astroturf hatches!
    Not to mention the stripped up vinyl upholstry in there too..

Hey while were on the subject of west coasties I wouldn't mind you shipping me a 21 Schiada out my way.. Sure would make a sweet ride to pull the kids around on a tube !!!