Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    She is a cutie! I have a 8 year old boy, 6 year old girl and twins boy/girl that are 3 years old! Gotta love kids! They keep you on your toes.
    Thanks Chris, Man you got a back seat full.. No wonder that Saber sits so nice in the water !!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDcsRodShop View Post
    Gotta love the socks.. She's the "trendy" dresser of the family..

Thanks, No joke on the 11 year old deal.. My oldest girl turns 11 in june.. I gotta say my kids are usually pretty simple in what they ask for, but we hear alot of Ipod & cell phone.. The Ipod is a consideration & the other is not.. lol..
    I just got home from shopping...
    MP3 player...
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Alright Scotty, where we at with this thing....

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jdub View Post
    Alright Scotty, where we at with this thing....
    Yeah, we're due for an update...

5. Collapse Details

what they said!!

6. Collapse Details

Nothing exciting going on with the boat.. Work has been absolutely killing me lately.. Between the heat in the shop , the long hours & a whole list of other things I can whine about I'm pretty burnt right now.. I've been the only guy in the shop with a paint gun in my hand since just after Christmas.. I'm in the paint booth everyday & often twice a day, which may not sound like much but tack that on top of the Long list of hats I wear & its a burnout bomb with a short fuse.. Supposed to have a guy starting in the morning to help take some of the load off me so we'll see how that works out..?? Finding a capable paint & body man that you can trust with a customers vehicle that will actually show up to work on a consistent basis these days is like finding a leprechaun to help you sort the gold at the end of the rainbow..

7. Collapse Details

I'm back and in record time !! Anyways guess what ?? The guy who was "starting in the morning" showed up a few days before apparently deciding at will to take a couple weeks off from the heat... aka: Will be picking his tools back up... So that being said I had to make a tough decision to bring back a guy we have worked for 14-15yrs or look like a 65 year old man in the next 4-5 months... So anyways he's back & rolling along...

Soap opera to continue in 30 second with a quick copy & paste since I got to get back out in the garage & tidy a few things up before taking my 3rd regular work day off of the summer... I'm really not b-tching considering deep down I really am glad to have a job to go to that keeps me busy !!

8. Collapse Details

Its hard to believe that as rapid paced as my "update the Saber threads go" that this one is as far down as it is..

Even as ever so aging 34 year old day dreamer I learned a good time ago that if you wanted something quick ,cheap & easy that its best to go save the money, go to walmart an spend $40.00 on a microwave & stay away far away from a custom built hot rodded anything !!! However I've been called hard headed before..

That being said & boating related I've not had a chance to do much more than walk by the boat on my way to the paint booth again.. However I gotta say it feels good when we occasionally catch a "glimpse of light" & remember "hey one day I may actually just finish this race after all"

So its not in any way a promise of "motor is sitting in the hole properly aligned, locked in and rigging has begun pics" I can actually say that I'm heading a few hours west in the a.m. for a long combo day of: "youngest daughter bi-annual check up at vandy" along with a "Pick the power back up" trip.. So I'm Confident they are both in good hands..

So in closing I will say: Tune in over the weekend for a short episode of "check back for a pic. or 2 as I get reunited with my redheaded concubine"

2nd and final closing... I've had that picture of Jdub up so long on my avatar next door that I decided pony up, drain the paypal back down & take his picture down.. Sorry bro..

9. Collapse Details

Tim-Tom-Chis-Sean (almost sounds like it would be the 4yr old "mullet boy's" name we camped next to a few weeks ago.. I kept trying to get a good pic. but after the 3rd attempt I think he caught on)

In all actuality for any of those wondering and the millions of Saber fans on a global scale "Tim-Tom-Chris-Sean & Co." is just a part of the elusive "Yeah I got a cool boat, but its not quite ready for the water yet club"

Anyways I know one of you has had to have flown over in the past few days b/c I heard a jet fly over that sounded like it was missing a few parts...

10. Collapse Details

Tim-Tom-Chis-Sean (almost sounds like it would be the 4yr old "mullet boy's" name we camped next to a few weeks ago.. I kept trying to get a good pic. but after the 3rd attempt I think he caught on)

In all actuality for any of those wondering and the millions of Saber fans on a global scale "Tim-Tom-Chris-Sean & Co." is just a part of the elusive "Yeah I got a cool boat, but its not quite ready for the water yet club"

Anyways I know one of you has had to have flown over in the past few days b/c I heard a jet fly over that sounded like it was missing a few parts...
    We were on our way to pick you up, but we kinda broke down...
    That's when the tweaking and tinkering started to take place...
    It's still not running...

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    We were on our way to pick you up, but we kinda broke down...
    That's when the tweaking and tinkering started to take place...
    It's still not running...
    I knew it couldn't be to long before they would put Sean on the "no fly list"

12. Collapse Details

I had most everything I needed to go ahead & drop it in, but since I upgraded a bit on some gooidies I'm gonna do just a bit more cleaning up in the next few days.. Got give these a good rinse in the parts washer before installing.. D

Going to Eddie's shop always makes me feel like a kid again on Christmas morning !!

(crappy cell pic but it will work for now)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zzoil.jpg  

13. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I had most everything I needed to go ahead & drop it in, but since I upgraded a bit on some gooidies I'm gonna do just a bit more cleaning up in the next few days.. Got give these a good rinse in the parts washer before installing.. D

Going to Eddie's shop always makes me feel like a kid again on Christmas morning !!

(crappy cell pic but it will work for now)
    You can never have enough cool pieces and parts......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

14. Collapse Details

Right on !!

However, I will stop myself long before the raising the hatch has the appearance of a "unique whips" episode..

15. Collapse Details

I'm a couple days behind on posting progress.. I have the KE oil thermo cleaned up a bit & mounted up on the block.. along with the oil adapter, All the oil galley's are sealed up, along with all the water jackets.. front mount is back on.. Engine is back at the shop on a roll around dolly with the lift plate attached ready to rock in the hole !! I've been spending some time today on the oil cooler as It will prob. be the first thing rigged up after dropping the motor.. It has a monster 4"x15" core so I think it will do the job..

One day I will actually do a halfway organized thread of this whore from birth to resurrection...

Here's a few shots in no particular order of whats been done at here at home in the past couple days... Oil cooler is going back together tonight, along with cleaning the stringer mounts up a bit...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zzz8-7-10 002.jpg   zzz8-7-10 001.jpg   zzz8-7-10 005.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

Oil cooler back together & ready to plug off a couple ports & then figure exactly where I want to mount it up..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zzz8-7-10a..jpg  

17. Collapse Details

Scotty - you mean to tell me you were working on this until 3:30 in the morning??? (by your post times).
    Dude, you're insane... Or have some really good coke.

Looking good!

18. Collapse Details

You know it bro.. However I'm more of a pepsi guy..

Thanks !! I hope to have a couple good pics. to post tomorrow evening, as I'm hopping the caboose get a bit heavier..

19. Collapse Details

Agreed bud, I'm a Coke guy, but only the cola. Never been anywhere near the other stuff.

You're doing an incredible job, and really making me look like a slacker with no money.
    Hmmm... I guess that part is true.

20. Collapse Details

Hey if I had few bucks for every smart azz who makes 3x the dough my wife & I do walked in the shop & said something along the lines of... "I thought you would be done with that one by now" Mine would be getting wiped off from last weekend & getting ready to be topped off with fuel for the next..

So I know the feeling man!!