Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Hey this thing will be nowhere near to pretty to use !!

Man, I would love to be heading out west for a weekend at Havasu sometime in the future.. Then you had to mention bbq.. I had a buddy of mine just get back from a short trip to Memphis & we were talking good bbq...

Thanks, now I'm hungry...

2. Collapse Details

Burning the midnight oil again, eh? Looking good that motor looks great. I like the pine stumps, turn them down and use them lol. Hope they are dry or your fingers will be stuck to everything when you mount it up! Im sure the old man just wants your project done so you can work without distraction, I have the same problem. Funny how that works, then he will bring home a project and want you to work on it. Wish I had my boat here to work on, its driving me nuts. Keep up the good work, we will have to have a Saber get together soon.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDcsRodShop View Post
    Hey this thing will be nowhere near to pretty to use !!

Man, I would love to be heading out west for a weekend at Havasu sometime in the future.. Then you had to mention bbq.. I had a buddy of mine just get back from a short trip to Memphis & we were talking good bbq...

Thanks, now I'm hungry...
    I don't even remember my only trip to Mempis, other than that I came home with a different boat than I came with... Oh, and that MF'ing cabbie!

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Hey, my actual "Dig Cam" is like five years old. It takes picture like Sean's cell compared to what I can get out of my freekin' phone now.

Apple is a much better choice. Harder wood. Pine is to soft, it will compress too much.
    But the stump look is a nice touch

Just busting your ballz my friend.
    As nice as that thing is coming together, I'd be afraid to run it.
    Maybe that's why I don't intend to go THAT tight on my boat.
    I mean, I want it to look nice, but I don't want to be afraid to use it.
    But your's is coming along incredible!!

We need to set up a meeting of "us guys" for a party night someplace.

And I think we know who "we" are.
    Chris- you still lurking out there??
    BBQ at my place - who's in??
    We can do it next month, and then all run out to Havasu.
    (I realize none of us currently has a running boat, but we may be able to find some open seats).
    I'll disregard all the disparaging comments about my rather classy phone and take mock-offense at the notion that I don't have a running boat! Ok, maybe I didn't when you posted it, but I did the impellors, gear oil and put a newe trim pump motor on the 24 yesterday, so I'm running as of right now. Just in time to take it out for my annual St. Paddy's day major mechanical!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0317091217a.jpg   0317091117.jpg   0317091249a.jpg  

0317091311b.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

Just wait until PETA see's this thread... Gun's & porpoise's all in the same collection of photo's were doomed !!!

They will probably already be waiting on you when you get home !!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    I don't even remember my only trip to Mempis, other than that I came home with a different boat than I came with... Oh, and that MF'ing cabbie!
    At least you didn't have to pay for the ride that you got...

7. Collapse Details

Okay here's how it went down : Sean in the upper Lt picture shot the bird that landed in the water, attracting the porpoise's (bottom Lt pic. )then the 2 dudes in the middle picture got the two poroise's...

Am I close ???

8. Collapse Details

Got a guy bringing in a bike tank tomorrow for me to start on.. Its a tank only so its not gonna fund the entire fuel system but it will do for a pump, a regulator & a good filter..

Good part is he was brought in by a friend of mine that was fixing to do a 'big bore" kit on his bike, now the friend is thinking he is gonna shelve the big bore for a while & go with fresh paint on his fenders & tank...

9. Collapse Details

Bird! What bird?! We were trap shooting. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

10. Collapse Details

The only thing more fun than being a redneck is being a redneck in a place that rednecks usually don't fit in... Not insinuating anything "just saying"...

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDcsRodShop View Post
    The only thing more fun than being a redneck is being a redneck in a place that rednecks usually don't fit in... Not insinuating anything "just saying"...
    By that definition, I just realized, I truely are a redneck.
    Hmmpph.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

12. Collapse Details

Yee haw!

13. Collapse Details

Just set the hatch back on it an hour or so ago... Although It will of course be comming back off to drop the motor in, It does feels pretty nice to have it back on for now..

14. Collapse Details

Went down to the shop today and got the ole' girl out for some sunshine.. I planed on completly cleaning it up today to get ready for power, but didn't fully make it so I towed it home & will finish up tomorrow afternoon if all goes as planned..

The vents arn't in below the engine hatch just yet so you see a bit more yellow back ther than you should..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zzzzzzSaber pre bath.jpg  

15. Collapse Details

GADAMN!!!!!!!

That thing looks sharp!!!

Nice work Bud, it really looks great!
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

16. Collapse Details

Nice!

17. Collapse Details

Boats clean as of Sunday evening.. Been working late on a few projects latley.. Since the boat looks the same as it did in the last pic. with the exception of a good cleaning inside & out.. Here's a few "in progress" shots of a bike tank I'm working on for a customer that will hopefully turn into a few Saber parts in another week orso.. I just finished laying out the flames how I wanted them over the black base about 30 min ago.. Next step is allot of masking, then hopefully some more painting tomorrow..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TJ Bike 005.jpg   TJ Bike 006.jpg   TJ Bike 008.jpg  

18. Collapse Details

Since practically all of my threads take an odd turn from time to time I thought hey why not post some more random pics of projects.. Besides they are part of my hope to actually keep making progress on the boat..

Tank is masked out & ready to spray the flame color hopefully tomorrow (with the exception of 5 min. worth of paper)

The oval shaped pieces are the making of a pretty cool sign I'm working on..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TJ Bike mask start 002.jpg   TJ Bike mask start 003.jpg   YPM front door.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

And this is on Ebay hopefully turning into a few more parts soon..

Can't say this redneck ain't workin at it !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vortech Box 002.jpg   Vortech Box 003.jpg  

20. Collapse Details

Carb box is sold & happily resting on a 65 mustang in TX..

So I Got a few more fuel system parts on the way as of yesterday !!