Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDcsRodShop View Post
    Thanks Tim, You were definatly on my mental list of people in the same boat as me !! I know the board is very broad as far as the size of our checkbooks & who can pull what resources togather ect..ect.. I have allot of respect for guys who despite their circumstances arn't affraid to get in there & just tackle a project head on !! It seems like its usually the harcore old school classic lined boat guys that struggle the most for some reason.. Maybe theres a pattern there.. haha.. Or maybe thats the reason we don't have "bling" taste in the first place !! Nah... If I won the lottery tomorrow I would still be classic baby !!!! I know I'm not alone there as well, there is a remnant..
    If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd run out and buy some basket case of a 35' Mistress, and have it painted in the black hullsides, red chine stripe. and all white deck.
    Probably have it set up staggered with a pair of 525's, and 6's just for fun.
    I'd still keep all the Teak, and make a joy out of oiling it once a week.
    I'm just old school.
    Simple paint job, all business, and CLASS!
    I have no desire to go 120+ in a cat.
    Never been in a cat, and I'm OK with that.
    I like the idea of my little wave crusher.

And, This boat will likely be mine until my grave.
    I'm somewhat attached to it.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

2. Collapse Details

Here are some of the pics I took today of the cabin.. As you can see the lens was just a touch dirty on my camera & I wasnt smart enuff to figure it out untill I took a couple pics. Anyways they arn't the greatest but they will do.. Never mind either of the two covers laying in there, I didnt feel like dragging them out.. As you can see in one of the pics I have the wiring access cover off..
    I bet nobody was EVER in there for more then a minute to stow something !

Lookin GOOD buddy !

3. Collapse Details

I bet your right on that one.. I also seriously doubt he ever plugged in the stern light thats snapped overhead on the backside of that bulkhead either.. haha..

Let me know if you need my address for the "resurection of a legend fund" You guys would see a brotha kick in high gear !! Haha..

4. Collapse Details

So the hatch that I drug out is back in final primer & ready to be sprayed with the exception of sanding, taping & final pre-spray prep... Anyways hope to get the chance to put some color on it next week.. not sure if I will shoot the black first or the yellow... (most likely the black 1st)

5. Collapse Details

So who here needs some paintwork done on their Harley ?? Hey I'm not predjudice I will even do an import at this stage in the game... I'm ready to hear this puppy fire off !!

6. Collapse Details

Got some paint on the outside of the hatch yesterday afternoon.. Just gotta flip it & shoot the yellow on the inside next..

Here's a few quick shots of it I took so you guys can get an idea of how its gonna look & the overall height of it now.. (It ofcourse has a small black L molding that goes on the bottom edge) It will basicly look just like it did with the exception of the 1 3/4" orso I took off the overall height.. I also laid the angle of the front of it from about a 45 degree angle down to around 20 degrees + or - a few.. I worked it out so all the vinyl on the top is the exact same.. As I have said in the past its allot of work for 1 3/4" & a few degrees of angle but the rear hatch always bugged me an inch or two soooo....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Saber hatch2.jpg   Saber hatch1.jpg   Saber hatch.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

WOW - looking great!

8. Collapse Details

Lookin good buddy !

9. Collapse Details

Thanks guys !!

Im ready to see it sitting on the boat with some towels laid accross the 145 degree red vinyl with the wife & kids climbing all over it sayin "daddy don't start it up yet"

10. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Looking good Scotty......Hey if any of you Saber guys are looking for some grab handles I have these two left over from my Saber. I'm pretty sure they are unique to Saber so check the handles in your boats and see if you have the same style. They have four backing plates that are basically the same as the mounts that the handle itself is welded to that's why I think Saber either made them or had them made. I was going to put them in the swap but I would much rather see them in a Saber somebody is keeping period correct.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails parts 021.jpg  

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jdub View Post
    Looking good Scotty......Hey if any of you Saber guys are looking for some grab handles I have these two left over from my Saber. I'm pretty sure they are unique to Saber so check the handles in your boats and see if you have the same style. They have four backing plates that are basically the same as the mounts that the handle itself is welded to that's why I think Saber either made them or had them made. I was going to put them in the swap but I would much rather see them in a Saber somebody is keeping period correct.
    Where were those handles located at on the boat ?? I have some that look similar on my engine hatch with the exception of the 4 bolt plate..

12. Collapse Details

Drum roll................................................................

The plan is to haul the engine to Eddie Young at YPM for a wiring job on my 10 pin this comming week !!!

13. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Won't be long now.............

Those handles where on the back of my bolsters. There was also a matching handle in front of the passenger on the dash.

14. Collapse Details

Lets hope... Still need need a good side job or two going on between now & summer !!

I'm trying to think but I don't think my bolsters have handles on the back of them..??

15. Collapse Details

Actually I just looked & I do have handles on the back of my bolsters...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01224.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

Actually I just looked & I do have handles on the back of my bolsters...
    Isn't it funny when you've been in a project so long that you don't even remember what you have??

Scotty, the hatch looks great!!
    I've been working on my hatch, and I'm still not entirely happy with it. I just may have much more work to come.
    I was talking today with the guy that's going to paint for me, and I don't think the old guy realizes what he got himself into.
    PM me your number again, I'll give you a buzz, I need some advice.

17. Collapse Details

No joke... I'm due for an imaginary ride.. Don't act like you guys don't kick back in your favorite bolster position & take a ride on the trailer from time to time...

Thanks, I'm gonna try to make it down to the shop for a couple hours in the afternoon on sunday (today) & get the inside of the hatch ready to spray first part of the week I hope...

When it comes to paint its funny b/c it doesn't matter who you are or what your track record is you never know what your getting into !!

# is in your box bro...

18. Collapse Details

No joke... I'm due for an imaginary ride.. Don't act like you guys don't kick back in your favorite bolster position & take a ride on the trailer from time to time...

# is in your box bro...
    GUILTY!!!

Yes, I've looked out over the deck of my boat with the new seat sitting on a milk crate, and throttle hooked to nothing, and looked into my neighbors yard, but I pictured running in Lake Erie.
    Why is it that milk crates are always the perfect height for a seat base??

Got the #. I'll call ya tomorrow bud.

19. Collapse Details

Just finished up a few hours on the hatch here at the shop this afternoon.. If all goes as planned I will put some yeller on it, finishing up the paint work on that tommorrow !!

20. Collapse Details

lookin good, I would love to see the finished product