Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jdub View Post
    I'll hang until one of you gets "curious" and wants to wonder down the wrong end of Duval. Not pointing any fingers....but Scotty did some how mention something about an all male 3-way.....................
    I told all you homos, only in jail! I mean I like you, I just don't "like" like you...

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

2. Collapse Details

Anybody here anything about some sort of boat show in So. FL this weekend ??

3. Collapse Details

Hotboat has a magazine?!

4. Collapse Details

Where's Conkie???
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

5. Collapse Details

How bout them Saint's

6. Collapse Details

I would really hate to see this thread get off track for any reason, so heres a quick update..

I had a found few extra hours earlier this week so I decided to pull the plastic off the engine hatch, drag it out from its dungeon & get it ready for paint by the end of the week.. Anyways I have had the areas of it that I'm painting in primer for quite a while now, however upon final inspection by inspector #9 himself I had a few places that I wasn't happy with so depending on my workload maybe next week ??

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDcsRodShop View Post
    I would really hate to see this thread get off track for any reason, so heres a quick update..

I had a found few extra hours earlier this week so I decided to pull the plastic off the engine hatch, drag it out from its dungeon & get it ready for paint by the end of the week.. Anyways I have had the areas of it that I'm painting in primer for quite a while now, however upon final inspection by inspector #9 himself I had a few places that I wasn't happy with so depending on my workload maybe next week ??
    Thats good stuff buddy ! You are right .... how bout you post a few more pics to get us back on track here ... maybe a few of the cabin area ?

8. Collapse Details

Here is the only cabin shot I have on the computor right now.. I just crawled up in there & took a few more, however the chord for my camera is at home so I will upload them this evening & see if they turned out halfway decent.. This posted pic gives the appearance that the cabin is quite a bit smaller than it actually is, but gives a general idea.. The pic also gives it a lighter tone to the light gray.. What I really wanted to do was take a nap when I got in there !! Man I love this boat !!! The stowage compartments under the v-berth still smell strongly of gelcoat when you lift them.. Its like her perfume to me !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yellow Boat 024.jpg  
    Last edited by LittleDcsRodShop; 02-12-2010 at 12:27 PM.

9. Collapse Details

I better not post the text message photos I got... Ha ha ha. Wow, never even thought about the cabin. Looks clean!

10. Collapse Details

You should have seen it when I ripped it in several pieces with a skill saw !! haha.. all for something like 1 1/2" & a 25 degree orso angle change on the nose of it, that 99% of the world would never realize its gone untill you told them & then they would say something like "okay, yeah I see" Story of my life.. haha

Yeah, I gotta say the cabin is pretty nice in my opinion.. You cant see it in those pics but just before the "lounge" seats (?) it has a recessed cooler on each side.. nice sized stowage locker when you crawl in on the Lt side, great access to dash wiring on the Rt side & a good amout of stowage in under the v-birth as well.. I could be wrong but I would be surprised if J.D. even knew what it looked like in there.. haha..

11. Collapse Details

Here are some of the pics I took today of the cabin.. As you can see the lens was just a touch dirty on my camera & I wasnt smart enuff to figure it out untill I took a couple pics. Anyways they arn't the greatest but they will do.. Never mind either of the two covers laying in there, I didnt feel like dragging them out.. As you can see in one of the pics I have the wiring access cover off..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02588.JPG   DSC02600.JPG   DSC02593.JPG  

12. Collapse Details

Heres one of the compartment to the Lt when you step in.. Not sure why I din't think to open it, or any of the ones under the v-berth b/c they are nice size.. And before anybody asks: No despite the quality of these pics they were not taken with sean's infamous camera phone..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02602.JPG  

13. Collapse Details

And before anybody asks: No despite the quality of these pics they were not taken with sean's infamous camera phone..
    You said it yourself, before I even had a chance to reply.

Looks like a nice overnighter cabin.
    I tore the cabin out of my boat, and that is so far down on my list that I can't wait to get to it (meaning that everything else will already be done before I even fool with it...)

14. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    That is a clean looking cabin. Set up nice too. My old one didn't have the two built in coolers, I like it. Since it's been a while give us the short list of what needs to be done before she hits the water.

15. Collapse Details

Yeah I hear ya Tim, When I done my 24 I had a had the idea to do a little work in the cabin area and never made it in there to do much to it..

I have always had the idea of spending a night or two on the boat.. two would be pushing it, but I guess it depends on the location & if a shower facility was avalible.. I would have to get some sort of fan (which you would really need regaurdless) b/c in JD style this boat has no cabin hatch..

16. Collapse Details

Thanks John, Yeah I like how the coolers are in there.. I takes up a little bit of "bench" space but really who really sits in a cabin with 4-5 people & just hangs out ? I was looking at a add for a new cig. just a few days ago & it had individual seating for 10 (I think) in the bench area.. It was nice but it looked kinda funny & like it should have had harnesses as if it was an amusement ride.. Don't get me wrong I would love to have it, but it just looked like allot of wasted space the way it was set up..

My short list really is pretty short.. 99% of the short list is the $2,500 orso I need to finish it up.. Its sad that small amount (in retrospect) would hold it up but its the absolute truth.. I know allot of people have the "if you can't afford it, or can't scrounge up $2,500, or afford the fuel ect...ect.." you shouldn't own a boat motto... But what can I say I love this sport and I'm a dreamer !! I know I'm not alone in this, but I have to bust my butt in many ways for every hot rod project I do & have have ever done, but its what I do best.. I wish I could just write a check for this stuff & not think twice about it, but that don't work for me..

Anyways enuff of that heres a quick rundown of whats needed to finish:

The engine is sitting 10 feet away from me in the garage with most all the accesories mounted up & ready to go along with the ignition, coil & wiring harness & its 9 wires ready to run to their proper location.. Its ready to load up on the trailer & take it a couple hours west to Eddie Young's & let him wire it up for me.. (long story short: Can I wire it myself ? Yes.. However I well understand my strength's & weakness's and I hate wiring & electrical crap & Eddies an electrical "pimp", So its a no brainer for me..)

The engine could be dropped in & mounted up tomorrow, but I want to have it as "ready to roll" as I can when I drop it in.. After its wired it will be set in the hole, alignment set & mounted up.. The alignment tool is setting in the transom assy now ready to be used (Thanks to a fellow board member)

I can't really do any of the rigging untill the motor is set in so I know the exact location of everything..

The hard work is done & the rigging is the fun part for me !!

Parts I need are:
    Fuel pump, filter, regulator, some 10an lines & various fittings..
    Blow thru carb..
    (I also would like to re do my intercooler lines& location, so I need a little madrel tubing for that & a carb hat)
    Thru hull pickup for the intercooler..
    A few various oil lines & fittings..
    Some exhaust gaskets..
    Various water lines & a few fittings to run to & from the sea strainer & water pump ect..
    Boost gauge for the dash..
    Prop..
    Fluids..
    I would also love to do a few pulls on the dyno as well..

That was just a quickie list & I'm sure I missed a thing or two & as with any project and in real time the list grows as it moves along, but I have a really good grasp on what is needed & what needs to be done..

I've had quite a few people on the boards who have helped out with some of the parts I have needed to get me as far as I have..

That being said YES I will greatfully accept any and all donations to the "help a brother get his Saber running fund" !!!

So I will wrap all my jabbering up by answering the question I get atleast once a week: "Is it going to make it to the water this year ?" By saying if I had the cash the anwer would be a resounding Yes !! B/C I am hard headed & relentless enuff to work day & night untill it done, gets wet & I hear the thunder from the dry pipes & smell smoke !!

17. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    That is a pretty short list, just some rigging. But unfortunately,as you know, the rigging is the expensive part. Just keep picking at it bro and before you know it you'll be hearing the thunder!

18. Collapse Details

My short list really is pretty short.. 99% of the short list is the $2,500 orso I need to finish it up.. Its sad that small amount (in retrospect) would hold it up but its the absolute truth.. I know allot of people have the "if you can't afford it, or can't scrounge up $2,500, or afford the fuel ect...ect.." you shouldn't own a boat motto... But what can I say I love this sport and I'm a dreamer !! I know I'm not alone in this, but I have to bust my butt in many ways for every hot rod project I do & have have ever done, but its what I do best.. I wish I could just write a check for this stuff & not think twice about it, but that don't work for me..
    Did you just write that, or did I?? Sounds like my exact story right now.

That being said YES I will greatfully accept any and all donations to the "help a brother get his Saber running fund" !!!
    I would gladly donate if I had the means my brother, but I'm in the same spot as you are.

19. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=jdub;439859]That is a pretty short list, just some rigging. But unfortunately,as you know, the rigging is the expensive part. Just keep picking at it bro and before you know it you'll be hearing the thunder![/QUOT

Thanks man.. Yeah the list really isn't very long & yeah rigging can get expensive real quick !! Good part is I pretty much have everything except whats listed, such as sea strainer, oil cooler, trim pump, all the engine accesories, 2 optima's & holdowns, ect..

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Did you just write that, or did I?? Sounds like my exact story right now.

I would gladly donate if I had the means my brother, but I'm in the same spot as you are.
    Thanks Tim, You were definatly on my mental list of people in the same boat as me !! I know the board is very broad as far as the size of our checkbooks & who can pull what resources togather ect..ect.. I have allot of respect for guys who despite their circumstances arn't affraid to get in there & just tackle a project head on !! It seems like its usually the harcore old school classic lined boat guys that struggle the most for some reason.. Maybe theres a pattern there.. haha.. Or maybe thats the reason we don't have "bling" taste in the first place !! Nah... If I won the lottery tomorrow I would still be classic baby !!!! I know I'm not alone there as well, there is a remnant..