Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDcsRodShop View Post
    Not much going on lately besides attempting to keep the boat out of the classifieds & not sure how well I'm succeding at that..

Anyways I managed to get some time in on the drive today.. Long story short last time I hade the Pantera out I must have hit some of our good lake trash b/c I noticed a small nick in the leading edge of one of the skegs.. (about half a pencil eraser sized) I got it welded up a while back & then ground it down & smoothed it out nicely so I could refinish it.. Anyways I drug it out yesterday evening then pulled the lower off today & got it in primer.. I posted a before primer shot so you redneck's didn't think this redneck just filled it with body filler !! haha..
    You came this far, and didn't do a nose cone while you were at it??

Not sure if it would do any good or not, but they look pretty tough.

The work looks great as always.
    I might just take a few weeks unemployed, and bring my boat to your shop.
    Maybe then it will start moving forward to getting back on the water.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

2. Collapse Details

Thanks Tim, I did consider a nose cone & yeah not real sure that it would do much either.. I just figured it would be something else to mess with.. Not that I concern myself or give it much thought, but allot of people have a tendancy to be scared of a drive with a nosecone & rightfully so b/c allot of them that are put on should never have been put on the way they are.. Esp. by a body man !!

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    3 months and all you got to show is a nose cone.......haha just busting balls. What's up man, I was getting worried about you. Thought we were gonna have to put out a APB

4. Collapse Details

Yeah John you've had time to turn atleast 2 boats since my last post !! Hows the krypto coming along ??

5. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Yeah John you've had time to turn atleast 2 boats since my last post !! Hows the krypto coming along ??
    Not much going on here either. Still kinda cold (no heat in shop) to roll some gel in the cabin. I guess I could get a small electric heater to throw in there but I'll just wait a little longer. Not much to do until I get the motor dropped in and do a little rigging.

Think the notorious one will get wet this season?

6. Collapse Details

Gave the primer a couple of hours under the heatlamp early this morning & for some reason it really started shinning !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XR ITS SABER.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jdub View Post
    Not much going on here either. Still kinda cold (no heat in shop) to roll some gel in the cabin. I guess I could get a small electric heater to throw in there but I'll just wait a little longer. Not much to do until I get the motor dropped in and do a little rigging.

Think the notorious one will get wet this season?
    Are you keeping your power the same or got a trick or two for it ? Those are great running boats from what I hear !!

Not sure on mine..?? Trying to keep it in my shop & out of somebody else's but we'll see ??

8. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Are you keeping your power the same or got a trick or two for it ? Those are great running boats from what I hear !!

Not sure on mine..?? Trying to keep it in my shop & out of somebody else's but we'll see ??
    It's getting freshened up. Nothing crazy though. Looking to do a real 85mph....with 3 people, full tank of gas, against the current and wind

I hear ya man. It's cheaper to keeper......you can't stop now. You'll be fine.

9. Collapse Details

Looks better on the computer than the phone. Nice work bud!

Nobody's buying anyhow, don't get yourself all worked up about selling.

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

10. Collapse Details

Gave the primer a couple of hours under the heatlamp early this morning & for some reason it really started shinning !!
    Scotty, that looks great!!
    How much would you charge me to do the same to my drive?

11. Collapse Details

Thanks guys !! & Yes sean you are a bad infuence.. haha..

Tim you have a PM

12. Collapse Details

It's getting freshened up. Nothing crazy though. Looking to do a real 85mph....with 3 people, full tank of gas, against the current and wind

I hear ya man. It's cheaper to keeper......you can't stop now. You'll be fine.
    That will be a sweet ride !! Not sure what it takes hp wise on the krypto's, what they weigh ect.. but what are you looking for maybe 600-650 to get you there ?? Yeah you gotta watch that wind, current, & size of your passengers.. haha.. Man a full tank of gas does sound nice !!

I just noticed you guys don't have a kryptonite section over here ?? I'm dissopointed I thought you were a man of great infulence ??
    That being said feel free to jack my thread up at any given moment..
    Last edited by LittleDcsRodShop; 02-06-2010 at 02:31 PM.

13. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    That will be a sweet ride !! Not sure what it takes hp wise on the krypto's, what they weigh ect.. but what are you looking for maybe 600-650 to get you there ?? Yeah you gotta watch that wind, current, & size of your passengers.. haha.. Man a full tank of gas does sound nice !!

I just noticed you guys don't have a kryptonite section over here ?? I'm dissopointed I thought you were a man of great infulence ??
    That being said feel free to jack my thread up at any given moment..
    It did low 80's with 500 so 600 or so should be close.........we'll see.

Shhhhh...Kryptonite section? The mere mention of it over in the Pantera section had Dude's panties bunched up........I don't want to taint the Saber section too

14. Collapse Details

It did low 80's with 500 so 600 or so should be close.........we'll see.

Shhhhh...Kryptonite section? The mere mention of it over in the Pantera section had Dude's panties bunched up........I don't want to taint the Saber section too
    I know those boat run well..

No worries on jacking this thread, there isn't enuff action over here to taint this side of the forum.. As far as dude's panties goes I'm pretty sure he wears a speedo at all times !!

15. Collapse Details

I know those boat run well..

No worries on jacking this thread, there isn't enuff action over here to taint this side of the forum.. As far as dude's panties goes I'm pretty sure he wears a speedo at all times !!

I just assumed he goes commando at all times, and have really made sure not to give it anymore thought than to accept it, and make it a point not to look down if he's around.

For the record, I only go commando 50% of the time, so you never know. The risk you take is your own.

16. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    I go commando myself.......so in that case here's one for the Dude!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 14533758-992-27-Kryptonite-Trades-considered.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    I just assumed he goes commando at all times, and have really made sure not to give it anymore thought than to accept it, and make it a point not to look down if he's around.

For the record, I only go commando 50% of the time, so you never know. The risk you take is your own.
    That almost made me piss my pants when I read it !!

18. Collapse Details

Funny part is when you leave the house for just a short trip down the road & don't really feel like a "complete outfit" is quite neccesary then when you get back home your wife looks at you, realizes what she already expected, laughs & says "what if you had a wreck" Then all those thoughts as a child comes back of your grandmother telling you to make sure you have on clean underware before leaving the house.. I think we have taken that to (in the words of the mad tv guy) "a whole notha leval"

19. Collapse Details

Great looking boat John !!

20. Collapse Details

Technically, you're both right. I go commando under my pants, but I wear a speedo on the outside of my pants. It's cool. It looks like a codpiece from a distance.

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."