Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by stecz20 View Post
    you're the first person ive ever heard say that...
    We are talking powerboats, not sailbotes... Stick with what you know.

2. Collapse Details

Guys we were there when it happened. As everyone is saying,the driver just turned too sharp going too fast. The boat spun out and then rolled. Everyone on board was thrown. There was 10 boats on scene as soon as it happened and people were pulled out quickly. No life threatening injuries. A few broken bones,everyone is very lucky. Here is a few pics we took.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 007.jpg   012.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nomomoney View Post
    Guys we were there when it happened. No life threatening injuries. A few broken bones,everyone is very lucky.
    Thank you. Good to know.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

Why would anyone feel the need to turn a boat hard at speed unless in a race?

Mike A.

5. Collapse Details

Glad everyone will recover. Sad to hear about nonetheless..

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by nomomoney View Post
    Guys we were there when it happened. As everyone is saying,the driver just turned too sharp going too fast. The boat spun out and then rolled. Everyone on board was thrown. There was 10 boats on scene as soon as it happened and people were pulled out quickly. No life threatening injuries. A few broken bones,everyone is very lucky. Here is a few pics we took.
    those pics make me sick to my stomach

7. Collapse Details

Good thing they're all ok.

damn shame about the boat...

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    Page one indicated:

1. 39 TG w/ 1075's
    2. 2nd time out on the boat for the owner
    3. Blume just sold a boat fitting the description recently to a guy in Texas taking back the Gladiator with Sterlings in trade.

How many yellow 39 TG's with 1075's are out there? You should have been able to figure it out, you are the west coast Cig expert!
    I have too much useless Cig information banging around up there. It gets jumbled at times
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run extravaganza - 04/22 through 4/25 Lake Havasu, Az.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I have too much useless Cig information banging around up there. It gets jumbled at times

Thought you may have been losing your mind...........

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
    Why would anyone feel the need to turn a boat hard at speed unless in a race?

Mike A.
    I never make a hard turn in my boat....its a big ocean, no need for it. I usually have 3-4 guests on my boat who trust that I know what I am doing. I know the techniques used to set up for and execute a turn at speed, but I'm not looking to use those techniques if I don't need to, especially with people in the boat.

I hate to hear about these accidents but they always serve as a reminder to excercise caution. If anything can be taken away from this, it is that; BE CAREFUL!

11. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Has anyone heard how everyone is doing?
    Hot Licks Racing 371, seriousoffshore.com where everyone is an expert.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Big Time View Post
    I never make a hard turn in my boat....its a big ocean, no need for it. I usually have 3-4 guests on my boat who trust that I know what I am doing. I know the techniques used to set up for and execute a turn at speed, but I'm not looking to use those techniques if I don't need to, especially with people in the boat.

I hate to hear about these accidents but they always serve as a reminder to excercise caution. If anything can be taken away from this, it is that; BE CAREFUL!
    It doesn't necessarily have to be a hard turn or even high speed. There was that incident last year where the guy rolled at about 35 in an easy turn- If I remember he had his mother or grandmother on board.

People got used to very neutral handling boats over many years. Steps are a different game. A guy really has two choices, learn by experimentation what works and what doesn't, or get some instruction. The first one is sort of like learning to box by booking money matches with a ranked heavyweight.

13. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Time View Post

I have made a couple of hard turns in my life....most were while racing and a couple were dodging debris in the water....all I have to say is that a couple while racing didn't work out quite the way they were supposed to!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4%20is%20the%20water%20warm.jpg  
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

14. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    It doesn't necessarily have to be a hard turn or even high speed. There was that incident last year where the guy rolled at about 35 in an easy turn- If I remember he had his mother or grandmother on board.

People got used to very neutral handling boats over many years. Steps are a different game. A guy really has two choices, learn by experimentation what works and what doesn't, or get some instruction. The first one is sort of like learning to box by booking money matches with a ranked heavyweight.
    You just brought up something I hadn't thought of.

In an emergency move situation, idiots on jet skis with suicidal tendencies, I've done very hard turns at cruise speeds in almost every boat I've ever owned. Except the stepped BT.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    I have made a couple of hard turns in my life....most were while racing and a couple were dodging debris in the water....all I have to say is that a couple while racing didn't work out quite the way they were supposed to!!!!
    I had a couple of those myself. Eeew.

16. Collapse Details

Yeah, like the russian ghost boat! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG5-Go1HH7Q
    Last edited by Geronimo36; 05-12-2009 at 02:47 PM.

17. Collapse Details

God that hurts to watch.

18. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    The first one is sort of like learning to box by booking money matches with a ranked heavyweight.
    I remember the last time Stecz tried that.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6lNNw0Kq3k

19. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
    I had a couple of those myself. Eeew.
    I remember one time you guys went for a little afternoon dip!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

20. Collapse Details

Seems Cigarettes have one of the more aggressive designs that are less forgiving when a mistake is made. They are leading the V bottom spin record so far.

The Nortechs have trouble to but they seem to entrap too much air only when on the trailers. They are leading the "kissing asphalt" category in both the V bottom and Cat class.