Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trim'd Up View Post
    I missed your question full force. Yes I would think you should get more bow lift form turning them in. My 320 had more than enough bow lift anyway, but turning them in it was definately higher out of the water.
    Ok.. thatw as what I was looking for, thanks!
    35 Cigarette Mistress

2. Collapse Details

wonder how it would work on the tiger, i have the drives off now and might switch them up when it comes time to go back on...Pat, Tres anyone?

striaght hull 00 tiger, xr's 1.5 and top speed about 76 turning out now.

3. Collapse Details

I would go with what feels comfortable to you. I have never seen two boats act alike or throttlemen.

I normally set up the boat with data and do one change at a time. Normally when we change inboard to outboard we also change driveheight in the end as well. If you do not have data that is ok. It always depends on what you want acceleration, handling or top end. Run a baseline run and make changes and take notes.

We try everything to see what makes a difference. If you have the time, test. You also might want to contact the factory to see what their results have been.

pat W
    Unique Innovative Drivetrain Solutions

4. Collapse Details

would changing the drive rotation effect planning?? I have a 88 38 scarab KV. the X-diminsion is pretty high on this boat. Props are 3" below the bottom with TRS drives. I am having a hell of a time getting on plane. Im spinning the drives out now, would spinning them in help this possibly? I was gonna try it in the spring to see if it helped the boat run better.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Team Tsunami View Post
    I always thought it was the other way around. Spinning in creates stern life and out bow lift. Thats why on mostly all staggered step boats the props spin in cause you dont need the bow lift. On our Gladiator staggered and step they turn in. On out flat bottom Sutphen they only have them turning in for race set-up but you would run them out for pleasure (swtiching this winter). On our side by side stepped Hustler the props spun out cause the boat had too much stern lift in the hull.
    Youve got that incorrect. Your being held back a grade

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tres View Post
    Originally Posted by Team Tsunami
    I always thought it was the other way around. Spinning in creates stern life and out bow lift. Thats why on mostly all staggered step boats the props spin in cause you dont need the bow lift. On our Gladiator staggered and step they turn in. On out flat bottom Sutphen they only have them turning in for race set-up but you would run them out for pleasure (swtiching this winter). On our side by side stepped Hustler the props spun out cause the boat had too much stern lift in the hull.

Youve got that incorrect. Your being held back a grade
    No matter what you try be careful until you get to know how the boat reacts. I switched rotation on my Panther and did not think it made much difference. After runnig decently hard on calm waters for half of a season no big deal. Well reality hit later in the season when I was running hard in semi-rough conditions. With the props spinning in I could not carry the bow in rough water, the stern was elevated higher and the bow kept falling from wave to wave. This in return would make the boat (bow steer?) every time it dropped, making the porpoise from side to side. It kinda scared that crap out of me.

So what ever you try please be carefull!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FULL FORCE View Post
    My 320 handles great, but it is an 86, a little different then the ES series, a little more running surface, I have hard time getting the bow up, I can trim it to the moon and the bow is down, boat rides very level. I am spinning out now, so.. if I spin them in I should be able to get the bow up right?
    my dad had a 95 320 baja, twin 454 mags, bravo's, came from baja with the props spinning in, side by side engines were so close together you could barley get your fingers inbetween the exaust, docking wasnt the greatest with it, it didnt like to back up, but it ran very good and carried the bow fairly high for that boat