Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Quote Originally Posted by Bote Loco View Post
    On an RV website, folks were discussing benefit of adding shocks to trailers. They said units towed smoothier as did not bounce around so much. Monroe has mounting kits also.
    Maybe tri-axle boat trailers smooth out bumps better than dual axles?

http://www.monroeheavyduty.com/produ...rofit_kits.asp
    That makes sence. Shocks give a smoother ride to trucks/cars. Why not your trailer.
    ________

2. Collapse Details

Always wondered why trailers don't have shocks... Speaking of trailer maintenance, I just spent the last 3 hours on the phone with AAA, Boat US and about 5 garages somewhere out in the middle of the high desert trying to get a wheel bearing replaced. Could be worse I guess, I was doing the calls from home. My best bud was the one loading the boat on a low boy and having it hauled 50 miles out of the way so it can get fixed tomorrow...

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Expensive Date View Post
    How do you bleed the brakes on a surge system?
    You can also remove the emergency cable lockout bracket and then use that lever to "pump" the brakes to bleed them. Biggest thing to watch is that the master cylinder doesn't get too low and introduce air into the system. They have such a small capacity that it is easy to let the level get too low.