Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30 70 76 77 78 79 80
Results 1,581 to 1,598 of 1598
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    We lost our support when our president told our venues we were merging and creating one big ship. That never happened. Im sorry im just very loyal to the people that have taken care of me over the years.
    MD
    Bwwwaaaaaa, hahahahahaam, eeeeee, yaaaa, hhahahahahahahahehehehehehe, woooo, hoooo, aaaah. Ok. I'm done.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing View Post
    Randy, yes we had a meeting with Martin. It was to be a fact finding mission. What I learned is the grand plan shifts more gears than an Indy car. There will be more conversations, I am sure. Always be aware of this. We are not looking towards the best interest of OPA or Geico. We are looking at what is best for OUR sport. Others have failed, and maybe we will too. But for the first time in 5 years Scotty B, Scott Colton, Haggin, Louie. Augie, and myself are all 100 percent on the same page. Why not get on board. I understand your loyalities. But you have been one of OPA's main guys for years. Your biggest asset is not in the areana of politics. It is your presence at the site. You bring a lot of energy, and passion, that others follow. I hope you are with us this year. You are always welcome. As far as Spreading our wings, yes I wondered too would the extra travel thin out the ranks. We will run eight races. Last year we ran six. Orange Beach is the worlds and will be scored separate from the series. So basically there are seven races to score yourself on, if you wish to contend for the National Championship. We added one race Sunny Isles beach. From what I have been hearing, alot of the teams are excited to race in FLA. We are going to allow everyone to score on seven races, and drop their worst finsh. This way if you only run six races you are still in the running, for the National Championship. Orange Beach will have enough Perks attached, that everyone will be there. The APBA is not out of the picture. We are working down the chain of priorities. The biggest issue is the fees. The race sanction fee is no big deal. The racing membership fees are too high. 250.00 per racing member. We have 450 members and 250 racing members. 250 times 250.00 62,500.00. plus 5600.00 in race sanction fees. For a total of 68,100.00 a year. Not including individual team members. For all of this what do you get is the question. If I had an extra 68K I would make it a high points fund. This would help us grow. While the APBA attachment would be nice, will it help us grow? I think not. Most recently there are more people taking shots at us. This is encouraging, it means we must be doing something right or they would not care. I/WE are excited about the prospects of Offshore moving forward. I am not a big fan of change. So you will see little steps at a time being taken to move forward. We ask for your support, and your patience as collectively we take our sport to the next level. To all of our OPA teams, thanks for your support over the years, and always know that this is your organization. We run it for you. If you love it ...Race it. Smitty
    Smitty,

You are doing it exactly the right way - as seen from the eyes of someone who did way too many things wrong - so keep it up.

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    After seeing all the trash talking about other Orgs and how they were doing it wrong since the end of 2003 and the boycott, I hope a lession was learned not to throw mud around and trash talk other orgs..because I would have never guess SBI/APBA and OSS would join forces after the way the trashing was..

The good thing is that there are Orgs that are letting by gones be just that...and forgive and forget and join together for the better of the sport..
    I hope we will not soon forget what the boycott of APBA LLC had done to our sport...

Thanks OPA for taking the tourch with a small Org and having it grow year after year to were it is today and the bright furture ahead of it. For the TV for our sport APBA LLC had the best TV in promoting our sport and I was glad to have the chance to be part of it...

Lets remember...Money has never just flowed in for TV..In APBA it was Mike A, Steve M, Nimshaw(I know I spelled it wrong) and others that put up a lot of there own money to make that happend, and today thanks to OPA, Haggin, Gieco and others we have that chance again today.

We are very lucking to have another shot at what we had years ago, 2 national Orgs, and POPRA on the West coast. Both national Orgs have open there doors to racers and have made it more affordable to race both Orgs.

And with that the 2010 season looks to be a very positive and a great season lies ahead

I'm looking forward to it...

Just my .02 cents
    Last edited by MANITIE; 02-27-2010 at 11:08 AM.

4. Collapse Details

And to think seven years ago Smitty said come on, I'll be The President of OPA and you be the Vice-President, it'll be fun! I spend more time on OPA business than I do on my own. I know Smitty and Louie The Rigger do too! THANKS SMITTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!But I love what we're doing and I love our Teams. Oh, you too Haggin. Deardevil, F U !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    .......Augie Pensa.......

The Godfather

5. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Augie....I agree...OPA is just not a one man job...the time, effert and man hours put into getting OPA were it is today in mind blowing and to think this is not your real jobs...but its still a second full job...and its sure is not for the money....but the love of the sport and the racers, crew and people that come along with it.....I think as racers the next time we have a bit$h or complaint and want to take it out on the OPA staff....maybe we should take a deep breath and be very fotunate for what we have....

With a lot of OPA staff members donating there time, from the registation staff to Frank and many others...they sure put up with a lot of us and do it with a smile...

I for one was guilty of this when I raced in APBA...Mike A, Pop and others had to put up with my mouth over those years instead of lending a hand....
    Last edited by MANITIE; 02-27-2010 at 01:02 PM.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by AugiePensa View Post
    And to think seven years ago Smitty said come on, I'll be The President of OPA and you be the Vice-President, it'll be fun! I spend more time on OPA business than I do on my own. I know Smitty and Louie The Rigger do too! THANKS SMITTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!But I love what we're doing and I love our Teams. Oh, you too Haggin. Deardevil, F U !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    5 years... but who's counting?

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
    Smitty,

You are doing it exactly the right way - as seen from the eyes of someone who did way too many things wrong - so keep it up.
    Mike, as a spectator in 2000. I went the APBA Worlds in St Pete. I hope I can do as much wrong as you did. Thanks for all the advice along the way. Smitty
    Wazzup Racing Engines
    OPA Racing

8. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    yea I remember Scotty and myself pulling into Ft.Lauderdale looking into the pits with the 2 smallest boats ,,wondering were we were going to park?? 60 to 70 allready their,,,couldn,t been to wrong..
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SVL66 View Post
    5 years... but who's counting?
    Seems like seven. Oh well, I'm gettin' old and that's the excuse I'm sticking to. Smile Bruce! It's gonna be a great year for our teams.
    Last edited by AugiePensa; 02-27-2010 at 03:10 PM.

The Godfather

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    Augie....I agree...OPA is just not a one man job...the time, effert and man hours put into getting OPA were it is today in mind blowing and to think this is not your real jobs...but its still a second full job...and its sure is not for the money....but the love of the sport and the racers, crew and people that come along with it.....I think as racers the next time we have a bit$h or complaint and want to take it out on the OPA staff....maybe we should take a deep breath and be very fotunate for what we have....

With a lot of OPA staff members donating there time, from the registation staff to Frank and many others...they sure put up with a lot of us and do it with a smile...

I for one was guilty of this when I raced in APBA...Mike A, Pop and others had to put up with my mouth over those years instead of lending a hand....
    Thanks Gino but Smitty has really held up the fort with Louie and the rest of the nutz while they were tearing my chest open and I'm just glad to be here able to give Smitty, Louie and the teams my all this year. Plus it's always a plus to be able to bounce things off of Mike A., not bullets, baseball bats or knives just offshore racing stuff. Thanks Mike.

The Godfather

11. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by AugiePensa View Post
    Seems like seven. Oh well, I'm gettin' old and that's the excuse I'm sticking to. Smile Bruce! It's gonna be a great year for our teams.
    2004 Atlantic City . Whether you round up or down, you're both close...

And yes, that is Scotty B before he let his hair grow....

12. Collapse Details

Randy, yes we had a meeting with Martin. It was to be a fact finding mission. What I learned is the grand plan shifts more gears than an Indy car. There will be more conversations, I am sure. Always be aware of this. We are not looking towards the best interest of OPA or Geico. We are looking at what is best for OUR sport. Others have failed, and maybe we will too. But for the first time in 5 years Scotty B, Scott Colton, Haggin, Louie. Augie, and myself are all 100 percent on the same page. Why not get on board. I understand your loyalities. But you have been one of OPA's main guys for years. Your biggest asset is not in the areana of politics. It is your presence at the site. You bring a lot of energy, and passion, that others follow. I hope you are with us this year. You are always welcome. As far as Spreading our wings, yes I wondered too would the extra travel thin out the ranks. We will run eight races. Last year we ran six. Orange Beach is the worlds and will be scored separate from the series. So basically there are seven races to score yourself on, if you wish to contend for the National Championship. We added one race Sunny Isles beach. From what I have been hearing, alot of the teams are excited to race in FLA. We are going to allow everyone to score on seven races, and drop their worst finsh. This way if you only run six races you are still in the running, for the National Championship. Orange Beach will have enough Perks attached, that everyone will be there. The APBA is not out of the picture. We are working down the chain of priorities. The biggest issue is the fees. The race sanction fee is no big deal. The racing membership fees are too high. 250.00 per racing member. We have 450 members and 250 racing members. 250 times 250.00 62,500.00. plus 5600.00 in race sanction fees. For a total of 68,100.00 a year. Not including individual team members. For all of this what do you get is the question. If I had an extra 68K I would make it a high points fund. This would help us grow. While the APBA attachment would be nice, will it help us grow? I think not. Most recently there are more people taking shots at us. This is encouraging, it means we must be doing something right or they would not care. I/WE are excited about the prospects of Offshore moving forward. I am not a big fan of change. So you will see little steps at a time being taken to move forward. We ask for your support, and your patience as collectively we take our sport to the next level. To all of our OPA teams, thanks for your support over the years, and always know that this is your organization. We run it for you. If you love it ...Race it. Smitty
    This year is gonna be off the hook!!

13. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor RACESDAD's Avatar
    rules, inspection process, ecm controls ? can we get an answer on this please?
    smitty call me please

14. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Thumbs up
    I would be great to see you running again Mike ! Tell your Dad I said hi !!!

15. Collapse Details
    Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by RACESDAD View Post
    rules, inspection process, ecm controls ? can we get an answer on this please?
    smitty call me please
    Mike. I have been wanting to talk to you in ref to rules. Just didn't know if you were still going to where an orange brain bucket this year. I'll call you today
    Wazzup Racing Engines
    OPA Racing

16. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor RACESDAD's Avatar
    Mike. I have been wanting to talk to you in ref to rules. Just didn't know if you were still going to where an orange brain bucket this year. I'll call you today
    lol, it was great talking to yous today. tell augie i said hello

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by RACESDAD View Post
    lol, it was great talking to yous today. tell augie i said hello
    You too Mike. Your Dads a pisser
    Wazzup Racing Engines
    OPA Racing

18. Collapse Details

Hello Michael.

The Godfather