Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    For the record in open forum...
    My agenda is for the love of the sport...

The renewed interest in seeing OB get back on track, is out of respect for Gary Nichols and realizing whoever is the org. involved in racing at OB, OB should have a powerboat race in the very fabric of there community character and makeup! Pensacola doesn't say, OH, sorry 'Blue Angels' there's just not enough for your air show this year... It's in the fabric of the community at large, for the Blue Angels to have air shows there.

No one, no one dared scratch on suggesting a powerboat race should be occuring on Clearwater Beach, until I stuck my neck out, late last August. I called JC first, then started rallying support from powerboat associations, talked with Stu, he had me s/w Ron P. and off the whole bouncing ball went. Someone at the Chamber sandbagged me and went direct with JC... I turned my attention on seeing what could happen with OSS.

It came down to the Mayor saying absolutely "no way", this would get supported for April, and I passed the word onto Ron P. who also knew, I always wanted to get a fall event setup! So I informed him of my intent to find a fall event, and called JC, who was disengaged by the Chamber 'sandbagger', in December. Who never returned phone calls or followed up...

I called JC the week of Panama City's last few days of renewal opportunity... we waited that out and on Jan. 25th, 2009, I signed the letter of intent with JC, to hold the National Championships in Clearwater Beach, Oct 2nd thru the 4th. I can send you a PDF copy....

In the meatime as if on cue, Ron P. did the best he could to compete on the situation, fair enough, and he got into the city powers to be, and worked up a July proposed date. It's all good to me... powerboat racing belongs on Clearwater Beach, all of you, everyone interested.

Now, getting all this who get's the credit, put to rest, is critical, otherwise it's such a fiasco, and we're all looking like 'J... A....'! We should be throwing in with each other, instead of all the games.

Very Sincerely Powerboat Racing Family:

I have no regrets for having dedicated so many hours and so much energy to seeing Orange Beach established, in support Of Gary's dream, back in 03. I have no regrets putting that same committment into seeing this through at Clearwater Beach for powerboat racing at large...

Ray Pusillo
    (Coach)

PS: To the person who asked what I've been doing in the meantime, recovering from two major hurricane events, one that landed in my neighborhood, and the other just down the road! Completely destroyed!

2. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Sean,
    Not trying to bait anyone just want to keep the facts straight, I don't think you would want to have people beleive something that isn't true.
    Beleive it or not there are tons of fans on there that don't know any better and believe in what to post or say .
    My question to Ned was a far question, I have some concerns of what is being said and if he is rep. the United States racers.

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Ray. I'm sure you'll get more questions though....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The way I understand it;

UIM does not license WPPA but works with them currently. I believe there is still some friction there.

UIM does sanction APBA who sanctions SBI.

WPPA does all of X Cat and Class 1.

And I believe John Haggin sits on the WPPA council as the US rep?

The question, is the Key West Worlds, or another race in there, give WPPA enough time to come over after their October Race and go back for their late November race?

Isn't XCat done for the year?

How much of this is wrong? Probably some...
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Sean,
    Not trying to bait anyone just want to keep the facts straight, I don't think you would want to have people beleive something that isn't true.
    Beleive it or not there are tons of fans on there that don't know any better and believe in what to post or say .
    My question to Ned was a far question, I have some concerns of what is being said and if he is rep. the United States racers.
    Ned and I have been trading emails with Class 1 who is under the banner of WPPA who recently have just reestablished a working relationship with UIM please call me 609 317 5466 if you would like to discuss it further I have my own agenda here and that is to unify all of you into one united front or die trying!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

6. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ThrottleUp Props's Avatar
    That is exactly what I thought Sean. We need to be respectful of the relationship status of the UIM and WPPA.

Julie
    When you feel the need for speed...Throttle Up!

GO FAST or GO HOME!

7. Collapse Details
    Frank I appreciate your post here...
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Ray,
    I agree,thats why SBI is makeing Clear Water Beach the National Race. SBI had 3 other cities that wanted the race. SBI felt CWB was the right city for an event this size.
    That this is here in this thread is all the more appropriate...

Ray

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    Trent I am sorry it wont work out for you. You should only race where its best for you. I cant help you and your sponsor make any dissions. I will tell Hagen and the Geico crew you gave it your best shot but couldnt justify the effort. Thanks again for being so honest and open with us all its truly a pleasure reading your post.
    You bestis friend Candy
    I am sorry also, I just thought you were the one that could help, being that you have pointed out that I am nobody and you are on the BOD. I appreciate that you chose not to wave a carrot in front of me only to have it crushed and taken away at the last minute. I do however ask one favor, even though you are my bestis friend, Haggin has my number if he has any questions(hes even called it a time or two), please dont speak for my team or me. I am a big boy with big boy pants and can speak for my team quite fine.

Please win this weekend, its been a long time coming and with all the effort you have put in, you deserve it. Most importantly be safe.

Trent
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

9. Collapse Details

Extreme - I am not representing anyone or anything in the USA. Bottom line is I have been involved with Class 1 for about 16 years and know all of the key people there and attend as many Class 1 races as I can.

I was asked by Sean to talk to friends I have in the WPPA and Class 1 and see if I could help get the ball rolling so I did and the lines of comms are now open with Sean and all the others on the email group we have going.

Since you have an issue with me that I seem to be "representing" your racers then I am more than happy to walk away from what I am doing and let you contiunue with it. I have more than enough to do with my various magazines so this is one less thing to take up my time.

For those asking about the issues with UIM and WPPA its plain and simple. Saeed Harib from DIMC basically got Class 1 going from the start and when the last chairman of UIM (Frohling) started with less than savoury business practices Saeed told him that enough was enough and they started WPPA. IOTA then contracted WPPA to run the Class 1 series and UIM had absolutely nothing to do with it for quite a while. Then Chiuli took over from Frohling as head of UIM and started to mend some bridges. Saeed then came to an understanding with Chiuli whereby WPPA is affiliated to the UIM, nothing more, and WPPA still run Class 1 and also X Cat.

Ratickle - you are close to right on most of your points. However Haggin was on the WPPA board but hasnt really been involved with them since the beginning. Haggin wanted Class 1 to have a turbine class but since that was never going to happen I think he lost interest and I dont blame him. He has a great venue for what he is doing right there in his own backyard.

X Cat calendar is just about finalised and I got an email from Sid yesterday saying they are having 7 races - 2 in Abu Dhabi, 2 in Dubai, 2 in Fujeirah and 1 in Doha. There will be new safety and race formats announced soon.

As I said to Sean the logistics of moving the Class 1 operation is huge and they usually charter a ro ro boat to move everything and if you include the X cat boats in here you are talking a total of about 35 boats all up, along with tow vehicles etc etc so its not an easy task. My gut feeling is it will be too soon to squeeze another race in there in the USA as working in with shipping schedules and routes at short notice is impossible and they have other races in Europe and Dubai already planned. So my suggestion is work on making it happen for the following year and the chances are about 90% that it would come together.

So there is some info for you.

Extreme - feel free to take over and represent all your USA racers, balls in your court.

Ciao all.

Ned

10. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Ned,

Thanks that anwser my question. You are not representing anyone from the United state.

Not sure what the thing was about you taking pics for 16 yrs, but i've been involved in Offshore for over 20 yrs so do I win a prize.

11. Collapse Details

Extreme - You seem to have a real issue with me so you know what, feel free to run with what I have started and you can represent all your fellow racers.

And in regards to your sarcastic comment about my 16 years if you read the post it says I was using my duration associated with Class 1 and its contacts to help YOUR sport, not mine. But with an attitude like yours seems like you dont need any help so am more than willing to oblige and walk away from helping make this happen.

Good luck as you seem to have made great leaps and bounds over the last decade.

Bye.

Ned

12. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Ned,
    I dont have any issues with you, I dont even know you. All i did was ask a question sorry if that makes you think I have issues with you. You anwser it and I thanked you. Were you uncomfortable with me asking that question?? Never said I wanted to run with anything, again I just asked a question.

13. Collapse Details

I am only going to say this ONE MORE TIME....I have ONE agenda and thats to unify this sport WORLD WIDE....I am the guy that has initaiated all this contact amongst all the different sanctioning bodies...Ned was doing a favor for me to help the lines of communication with Europe....I owe him huge for what he did he has now bowed out of the picture....I really wanted him to be involved....As I have stated to all parties I have NO allegiance to any Org...I have opened up communication with all of them...The only person I have not talked to is John Carbonell I know his position I am going to talk to him in Marathon who knows he may throw me out of his pits I dont think so but he may!!!!

So if someone comes on here about unifying I probably made some type of point of contact with them....Please keep this cordial and beneficial....Make absolutely sure that the post cannot be construed as sarcastic my job is hard enough juggling all this stuff!!!!

Our sport has suffered enough now is the time to grow it to something exciting and extreme.......

14. Collapse Details

Stay the course, everyone...

15. Collapse Details

Sean, don't take any $hit from any of them! Stand your ground. Hey Ned, wazzup?
    .......Augie Pensa.......

The Godfather

16. Collapse Details

"Please keep this cordial and beneficial....Make absolutely sure that the post cannot be construed as sarcastic"

"Our sport has suffered enough now is the time to grow it "

Sean,
    Just to clarify. Are we keeping it positive in this thread, the Racing section or the entire site?
    Does member status and designation allow the posting of primarily negative and sarcastic posts?
    Let's say I had the advantage of being involved in and profiting from Offshore when the dream was alive and well.
    Does that experience grant me carte blanche here to belittle every new idea? Say in 20 years I reached Iconic status. Would it be OK if the words I posted on a regular basis were the very same that most Poker Runners repeat when asked why they don't race?
    If I were actually able to stop people from even trying to race or improve racing by consistently and eloquently reinforcing the futility of it. Would that be acceptable?
    Just wanted to clarify. I got your message I'll call you later today.
    SQ

17. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevequick View Post
    "Please keep this cordial and beneficial....Make absolutely sure that the post cannot be construed as sarcastic"

SQ
    Hear Hear.

Some personal feelings and opinions are best kept to ourselves.

18. Collapse Details

Bravo!

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by stevequick View Post

Sean,
    Just to clarify. Are we keeping it positive in this thread, the Racing section or the entire site?
    Does member status and designation allow the posting of primarily negative and sarcastic posts?
    Let's say I had the advantage of being involved in and profiting from Offshore when the dream was alive and well.
    Does that experience grant me carte blanche here to belittle every new idea? Say in 20 years I reached Iconic status. Would it be OK if the words I posted on a regular basis were the very same that most Poker Runners repeat when asked why they don't race?
    If I were actually able to stop people from even trying to race or improve racing by consistently and eloquently reinforcing the futility of it. Would that be acceptable?
    Just wanted to clarify. I got your message I'll call you later today.
    SQ
    No I am trying to keep the negativity out of it....The ICONs have been there done that and have seen it all.... I am the guy that has had more curves thrown at him than I would have liked ...So whenever I see the oppurtunity for a curve to even have a possibility of arising I try to stop it!!! I was a bit upset that something happened yesterday which caused another rift....Now with that being said by all means speak your mind we wont censor you if it gets out of line the admins will step in I am sure.....The potential curve yesterday was about representation and what org was running what and who was speaking for who....So with all my confused thought process we need to have a beneficial and eloquant conversation that will further our sport....I am looking forward to meeting everyone in Marathon....

Steve I look forward to chatting later today

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by AugiePensa View Post
    Sean, don't take any $hit from any of them! Stand your ground. Hey Ned, wazzup?
    Thanks Augie I appreciate it!!!!