Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Thumbs up
    Sean, I truly appreciate your efforts.

I hope all works out!

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Thanks Sharkey... I am going to give it my very best shot so far I think that everyone that I have talked with has been very accomodating and has voiced their concerns and has been willing to start with a Unified World Championship
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    And Geico is sponsoring it and after all they have done for us who wouldnt show there apreaciation and suport his race. I would hate to be the team on the list that didnt show. After all they have sponsored a number of boat and feed many of our teams and family and oh yeh given out jackets and shirts and much ,much more. Jupitor worlds be there!!!!!
    MD
    Randy,

I refuse to argue with you, Mr Haggin has done some wonderful things for us and personally for my team in particular. I need your advise, however. My current sponsor for the rest of the year sees no demographical merit in racing Jupiter. Please provide me with the ammunition to go back to them so I can race there. There is no confirmed tv or anything to go to them with at this point. Please help me!

I tryed already the fact that my mother graduated Jupiter HS in the 60's, after NJ we moved to Tequesta(town connected to Jup on the north side) and lived on the North West Fork of the Loxahatchee River, where I graduated HS. I know every inch of that water like the back of my hand. I have family and close friends that still are there that would love to come and support my team.

I love Jupiter and would love to race there, please help me justify the reasons to go. I sure dont want to be on that list you talk about, it terrifies me to even think about it.

Trent
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

4. Collapse Details

SHARKEY-IMAGES
    I think you already answered your own questions.

This should be justification enough.

Quote Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing View Post
    Mr Haggin has done some wonderful things for us and personally for my team in particular.

I know every inch of that water like the back of my hand.

I have family and close friends that still are there that would love to come and support my team.

I love Jupiter and would love to race there

Trent
    I would explain to your current sponsor that doing the Jupitor race is if nothing more than you giving the support to the one that helped you and much of the sport of offshore when help was desperately needed.

They just may think of you as a better person for doing so even if it meant to hold a car wash event to help raise money to get you to the race providing your current sponsor did not want to pay for that race.

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing View Post

My current sponsor for the rest of the year sees no demographical merit in racing Jupiter.
    Trent
    Trent, Help me understand who are you talking about. I just looked at TNT racing.com . I didn't see any sponsor listed I saw racing partners and Geico was shown numerous times.

6. Collapse Details

Just to clarify a few points.

WPPA and Class 1 havent made any commitments to Jupiter yet Typhoon.

The Class 1 boats are in Italy in the beginning of October and then Abu Dhabi late November. I have emailed marco, Saeed, Sid and Rory to see what their thoughts are as they have the final say. Pasquale will have to look at the logistics of seeing if it can happen.

Now while would also love to see this happen for this year I doubt it will. Next year however is a different story. It takes a LOT of organsation to move all the teams, the boats, the trucks, the people and equipment from one venue to the other, as well as the teams having the budget to do it. Pasquale does an awesome job of logistics but throwing the USA into the mix at the last minute would be next to impossible in my opinion.

As Sean will tell you emails are going between everyone and there is no way this cant be made to happen for 2010 and for X Cat to be included that will most certainly be the case as you are talking about taking 22+ boats from Middle East to USA and back.

Anyway this is just to keep everyone in the loop. No reason 2010 cant be the Worlds of all Worlds.

Maybe those who have been in the email loop could make plans to attend a Class 1 race and that way we could all have a sit down and round table the ideas and plans.

Ned

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Trent, Help me understand who are you talking about. I just looked at TNT racing.com . I didn't see any sponsor listed I saw racing partners and Geico was shown numerous times.
    No problem Jim,

We have not announced our current sponsors(3, so far) for this season as of yet, even though they are signed and put to bed(novel concept huh?). At this time they are still under review as per the new SBI guidelines and our plan is to announce after the Marathon race in order to debut in Ft Lauderdale. We are also in a scramble to get our new boat ready in time. I chose to list Geico/AMF as I will try to carry an "AMF" decal on my boat(pending their approval and review of my static display insurance policy) as a thank you for 2007. As more sponsors/advertising partners come on board obviously they will go in priority of who is paying the most, will get the most billing and the ones you see now will drop off. Dont worry Jim, I'll PM you right b4 I publish our announcements so you will be the first to know, what I'm doing....

Trent
    www.tntoffshore.com

8. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Ned,
    Who is picking up the cost for the race??

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES View Post
    I think you already answered your own questions.

This should be justification enough.

I would explain to your current sponsor that doing the Jupitor race is if nothing more than you giving the support to the one that helped you and much of the sport of offshore when help was desperately needed.

They just may think of you as a better person for doing so even if it meant to hold a car wash event to help raise money to get you to the race providing your current sponsor did not want to pay for that race.
    I understand Tim, the issues that rare their ugly head is that I made a decision in my life to start a new family. I also made the decision if there is sponsorship money, I will race, if not, the boats will stay parked. I am taking every dime I have and spending it on my son to provide him with everything possible in hopes that he becomes a better man than I( I know I know, he doesnt have far to go) I have explained all the ties that I have to Jupiter(with an e) and as I said above they see no demographical merit.

I was merely asking Randy for help, since he is on the BOD that could give me some insight into being able to race there. I have already booked my rooms as to lack of hotels in near proximity to the pits and race course. I have to have something to load my gun with and give it one last try before they get agravated and take the others races with demographical merit(CBS) off my schedule. Randy just scared me though with mention of the list, I dont think I could live if I was on it.

Trent
    Last edited by F1-00 Racing; 05-12-2009 at 12:20 AM.
    www.tntoffshore.com

10. Collapse Details

Extreme - All that part of it hasnt been discussed at length as at the moment no decision has even been made if it is feasible to include FL in that time frame. Couple of people are looking at sponsors, thats all I can mention. There are many options that will need to be considered and bottom line it will be Saeed and Marco who make the final decision.

Ned

11. Collapse Details

Make this happen guys...

I asked a top guy to do this last fall...

The point is, like any other major international competition, have the venue sites compete for the event hosting. Compete between the venue location communities, letting each site show the reasons why and how they best accommodate the activities, on every level and every element....

Getting professional about this (location qualifying) is a step in the respectability direction!

Coach

12. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Trent I am sorry it wont work out for you. You should only race where its best for you. I cant help you and your sponsor make any dissions. I will tell Hagen and the Geico crew you gave it your best shot but couldnt justify the effort. Thanks again for being so honest and open with us all its truly a pleasure reading your post.
    You bestis friend Candy

13. Collapse Details

The great Baraon Von Schwartz said he is in.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

14. Collapse Details
    Location considerations...
    Lightbulb
    From a venue developer's perspective though, having a site capable of accommodating a spectacle the magnitude and the likes of which, a major international invitational event, drawing in spectators from all over the world, media, and everything else combined. We need to consider how to have 100 to 150 thousand spectators, on the shore and another 15 to 20 thousand in the water in spectator boats.

We did that in Orange Beach in 2003! There was a report of thousands of vehicles stuck in traffic... This is a location that has several routes in and out of it! We all can agree what an impact Orange Beach has had on improving offshore powerboat racing awareness!

Matt between you and me neighbor, Clearwater Beach should be in this consideration as well. Major events need major communities around them to succeed on every level.

Coach

15. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Coach, I raced in Orange beach in '03. I enjoyed it and love the place. I was there last year too. Shame is they dropped the ball this year with OSS.

It is my understanding you made a deal with OSS to promote OSS to race sites for a fee. What happened? Why is it the cities you are associated with this year are the same cities OSS had a problem with? Is it a coincidence? Are you now claiming to be for everyone? Have you made deals with other orgs? Are you playing everyone against each other for your benefit? Please explain your motivation here?

16. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Ned,

I am curious when you speak to these people over sea's about racing in the US who do you say you r representing from the United States?
    Doesn't Class 1 run under the UIM banner?

17. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Ray,
    I agree,thats why SBI is makeing Clear Water Beach the National Race. SBI had 3 other cities that wanted the race. SBI felt CWB was the right city for an event this size.

18. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Ned,

I am curious when you speak to these people over sea's about racing in the US who do you say you r representing from the United States?
    Don't Class 1 run under the UIM banner?
    Negative Class 1 races under WPPA.....Easy with the baiting!!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

19. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Sean,
    You might want to like at their web. site looks like it say UIM to me.

20. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ThrottleUp Props's Avatar
    Here is the Web site for Class One: I thought they were UIM as well.

http://www.class-1.com/index.asp

On the right hand side it shows partners with the WPPA, IOTA and UIM.

Julie
    When you feel the need for speed...Throttle Up!

GO FAST or GO HOME!