Thread: Watches

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Watches
    Ok so I'm tying the knot and the WTB (wife-to-be) gets the ring. So she wants me to get a ring; I don't like jewelry.

Most couples fight over $$ so we figured we would have a joint account and credit card for joint expenses and then our own accounts. Pay the bills and the rest is yours to blow how you want (well she said sans hookers and blow but what she don't know won't come up in the divorce).

So I'm thinking if this is one of those things "I haft ta do" to keep the $$ even then I will get a cheap ring and a nice watch for when I put my court suit on (dress up).

Her ring was $20K so I get the same budget. I'd like to blow that $$ on some thing else but figured a good watch would be worth what I paid for it or maybe even more if I ever have to sport the court suit against her one day.

So- what would you get? I'm sure there are better out there but Rolex is world renowned for pimpin so that's what I want.

I like the screen in the 1st pic with some bling like the number place holders in the 2nd pic and get a cheap ring like in pic 3.

ps- some how I think WTB as in wife-to-be is not as exciting as WTB as in wanted to buy. Think "WTB: 30 Skater w/300XS's" Now that makes me get a stiffy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 116509Met.JPG   rol.JPG   1232797852G4Xca6.jpg  

Last edited by MarylandMark; 05-02-2009 at 09:45 AM.

2. Collapse Details

I think you take the opportunity to be smart. Buy a basic band and never take it off. I HATED jewelry, but got the band. She even kept saying she knew it was a waste of money and it wouldn't get worn past the ceremony. I got used to it and it's never come off. And, she never wears hers.

If you spend $20K on a watch, everyone will assume it's a fake.

3. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Mark, I don't think "tying the knot" and "divorce" should be in the same post
    ________

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I think you take the opportunity to be smart. Buy a basic band and never take it off. I HATED jewelry, but got the band. She even kept saying she knew it was a waste of money and it wouldn't get worn past the ceremony. I got used to it and it's never come off. And, she never wears hers.

If you spend $20K on a watch, everyone will assume it's a fake.
    Opportunity to be smart? I do that often...

Phone company work= too much stuff to get it caught on or complete a circuit with my finger being the fuse

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Mark, I don't think "tying the knot" and "divorce" should be in the same post
    45.8% disagree (divorce rate in US for 2008)

Hope for the best; plan for the worst. I'll be 38 in 2010- if we D it up I'd be too old to start over with nothing.

5. Collapse Details

to hell with the watch.. I got a Timex you can have...to hell with the wife to be...within 5 years you will just want to kill her, and be trying to remember what a blowjob was like.. BUY THE BOAT I SAY!!!!! on the water time doesn't matter and yo can always find a cute little blowjob giving airhead with silicone titz who wants to go for a ride...
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

6. Collapse Details

I have a cheap band....and a Blackberry for a watch.

7. Collapse Details

Sounds like a waste of 20K to me.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

8. Collapse Details

________

9. Collapse Details

you can get those Rolex's in Tijauana for $12.50.....

10. Collapse Details

Get a stainless sub for ~5Gs and save the extra 15 grand.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rainmn View Post
    Get a stainless sub for ~5Gs and save the extra 15 grand.

Exactly what I was gonna say.

Then just be fishy when she asks about costs, and let her think it was about the same.

Then spend 15K on beer & gas this summer!

12. Collapse Details

a new watch...or a fancy new chartplotter/gps with integated satilite weather and dvd integration which is more practical.......

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    a new watch...or a fancy new chartplotter/gps with integated satilite weather and dvd integration
    decisions, decisions, decisions
    ________

14. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Watch, Rado is what we have

http://www.rado.com/en/Watches/Anatom/Pages/Anatom.aspx.

Smaller and more stylish than a Rolex, and an outstanding watch.

Buy the Skater, paint the rings on the side and call it something like, "Our Eternal Blessing". Just convince her it means a lot more to show everyone on the water how much she is appreciated, how lucky you are to have her, and how you want the world to know.....

I mean, after all look what you gave up...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dolphinhump.gif  
    Last edited by Ratickle; 05-02-2009 at 03:43 PM.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

15. Collapse Details

just ruined another keyboard spitting coffee.... you think their children will be good swimmers?? phelps records will never stand against there offspring...

16. Collapse Details

Fly to vegas and find a $20,000.00 watch in a pawn shop and pick it up for 10K and put the other 10K in an 'INVESTMENT' mason jar.

Have the watch appraised for it's true value of $20,000.00 and schedule it on your Homeowner's policy.

IF and WHEN you 'LOSE' (all risk coverage) the watch the company will replace the watch or give you the money it would take to replace the watch.......aprox 15K. Put the 15K in the 'INVESTMENT' mason jar with the original 10K.

Notice how your original $20,000 has increased to 25K .

Buy the fake watch in New York for $12.50 because you are an irresponsible fool who has already shown that he cannot hold on to anything that valuable.

IF and WHEN you find the original watch ........take it to a pawn shop in Vegas and pawn it for $10,000.00. Invest that 10K in your 'INVESTMENT' mason jar and if you let it sit for a day or ten.....you will see that your 'INVESTMENT' has grown to $35,000.00 minus the $12.50 for the New York watch that you have on your wrist.

Find a nice repo boat valued around $60,000.00 and purchase it from the bank using the $35K found in your 'INVESTMENT' mason jar.

When tooling down the water in your $60,000.00 boat......throw your New York watch on the seat for everyone to see. Point out that it has an electronic movement (tic, tic, tic....) rather than a sweep movement (which all big dollar watches have). Admit it is a $12.50 fake watch and explain how you are an irresponsible nit wit who cannot take care of expensive jewelry.

Everyone will talk about what an honest person you are and how intelligent you are to be able to afford a $60,000.00 boat and own it outright!!!

Enjoy the ride!!!!

17. Collapse Details

If you really want a good watch research it. A good subby will earn you coin in the long run...there are forums dedicated to such topics get her ideas make her feel included...if you want...good luck with wtb and wtb

christian

18. Collapse Details

I told Donzigirl that since I spent the cash I was saving for a trick azz thousandish yard rifle on her ring, than she could buy me the parts for a wedding present. Well see how that works out... She already knows that the band will be thrown in a drawer a few hours after the wedding. My high school class ring almost cost me my hand after getting it caught in a machine.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TIKI View Post
    I have a cheap band....and a Blackberry for a watch.
    iPhone here and no band on my finger or a watch. Trust me I agree with ya- I'm not going to wear either more than 20 hours total in the next 20 years..

Quote Originally Posted by RLJ676 View Post
    Then just be fishy when she asks about costs, and let her think it was about the same.

Then spend 15K on beer & gas this summer!
    I've thought about this one very hard but figured starting out lying would cost me more in the end. SHE already pays for fuel/oil/booze and one of the reasons she won the prize (me..).

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    a new watch...or a fancy new chartplotter/gps with integated satilite weather and dvd integration which is more practical.......
    Mines an 07 3210 with weather & sonar so not ready to drop the coin on a new one yet- I think 50% of the depreciation on boats are the electronics packages!!! A man can go broke quick trying to keep up with the latest and greatest. BUT- I do like the 5200 series Garmins with the touch screen!

Trust me I can find a lot more things to spend the $$ on but to "keep it fair" we have to waste it on some thing. I said ok, give me $10K and we'll be even. That didn't go over to well since she felt like she would be paying 50% for her ring and that is not romantic.. Huh? We do well $$ wise but I don't feel like I have enough to sport a watch like this by any means but some times it's easier just to say yes...

Quote Originally Posted by mosi View Post
    Fly to vegas...
    Yea Mon!!

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    Trust me I can find a lot more things to spend the $$ on but to "keep it fair" we have to waste it on some thing.
    Would you like to know how to donate it to my boat racing fund through Paypal??
    That sounds like a complete waste, so you would be accomplishing the goal set in front of you.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".