Thread: Watches

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Probably a little more to that story.....

She was 19, I was 25...dated for about 3 months...her roomate moved so she moved in with me... after about 5 or 6 weeks she 'lost' her job. sat around the house all day...didn't cook...barely cleaned, but was hot and would service on demand, and would try anything my crazy mind could come up with...was great at first...hell i would be doing a team 250 mile desert race, I would ride 1 30 mile lap, partner would jump on bike and do 30 mile lap.. this chick rocked to the point of blowing me..dirt dust and all between rides..bit then she got even lazier around the house...wouldnt look for a job..well she said she went 'looking' all the time...but somehow always ended up shopping... got tired of it after a couple months of supporting her azz.. told here she was goona have the house clean and dinner waiting and a job within a week... she flat out freaked psychoticaly...started screaming, throwing chit at me... I just stood there, let her scream, throw stuff and hit meafter about 10 minutes I sat down turned the tv on..she got back in my face freaking...I told her she needed to save her energy for the job search..she walked away.. finally peace...she came out of the back bedroom with my roomates 45..took two wild shots..I ran across the street to the cops house..cop pulled his gun on her, black and white showed up cuffed her and stuffed on disturbing the peace...as the cop car drove away she looked back to see me tossing her chit in the yard.

moral to this story.... never again will I date a chick from alaska, becuase there is like 1 girl for every 10 guys up there..or at least there was at the time..so they think they can get away with absolutely anything and you will be gratefull for a piece of azz... homie dont play dat chit.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

2. Collapse Details

Phragle, I'm seeing a pattern of weapons being discharged in your presence through several recent posts.
    You have in one way been directly involved in each of them prior to the discharge.
    Anything we should know of, or be concerned about?
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

3. Collapse Details

384 days and counting down!!!

4. Collapse Details

hasn't happened again since 96, when the 5 border patrol agnts pulled me out of my work truck at gunpoint ofr trying to run from them...I ask you....if I was trying to run, would I do the speed limit in a hino box truck, use my turn signal and stop first vehicle at a red light with no opposing traffic?? the bp agent that tried to pull me over got RIGHT behind me with a dash blinker on... all I saw was the shadow of somebody tailgating me..I about brake checked him not knowing it was bp, but figured i am getting off at the next exit..I even used the turn signal and changed lanes on the freeway trying to get the jackass off my bumper.

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    this chick rocked to the point of blowing me..dirt dust and all between rides..
    No wonder you didn't win.......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

6. Collapse Details

but I did.......

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mosi View Post
    384 days and counting down!!!
    I still got time to RUN! LOL- I keep telling her she is still on probation and I ani't said I do to nutt'n yet!

note to self- buy a better couch for the new house..

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    but I did.......
    even if you lost the race! LOL

It's great having a chick to do anything and everything you want- for a while that is. Once you don't even respect them any more things start going down hill fast. Been there/done that and it was a blast (literally in your case) but can't live like that forever.

8. Collapse Details

from a guy whose been there done that......like four times

you should sit down with her and have a talk about how you want to live your life together.....if her vision centres around expensive gifts and 'keeping up with the Joneses" and yours doesnt......you should move on.
    Tell her your ok with this watch thing as a "one timer" but that type of thing is not really your style.

Its ok to be a practical person and live within your means.....embrace it.
    Unless your name is Rockefeller you'll never win the "one upmanship" game

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pullmytrigger View Post

you should sit down with her and have a talk about how you want to live your life together.....if her vision centres around expensive gifts and 'keeping up with the Joneses" and yours doesnt......you should move on.
    Tell her your ok with this watch thing as a "one timer" but that type of thing is not really your style.

I thought boatme was the only 4 timer......

And Gates can take Rockefeller....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

10. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post

I'm with you! Sucks hanging around rich people- felt like I had to be at least in the ball park with them.
    Not really. I have a lot of friends who are way better off then me, but I am me. Have nobody to impress but myself. If a new acquaintance embraces my friendship based on monetary values, the relationship doesn't last long.

11. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada

Wise words.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TIKI View Post
    I have a cheap band....and a Blackberry for a watch.
    Cheap band and iPhone here.....

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    I thought boatme was the only 4 timer......

And Gates can take Rockefeller....
    Ive only been married twice but have had signifigant live in relationships with two others.....i was smart enough not to have kids with any of them though......they were all kinda cool in there own way but I didnt get the whole package until I met Susi .....she is a keeper

14. Collapse Details
    Talking
    Opportunity to be smart? I do that often...

Phone company work= too much stuff to get it caught on or complete a circuit with my finger being the fuse

45.8% disagree (divorce rate in US for 2008)

Hope for the best; plan for the worst. I'll be 38 in 2010- if we D it up I'd be too old to start over with nothing.

Me too Phragle- It's always been my way or the highway and the never dated a chick over a year before her. At my age (36); if I let her go I bet the next one I found would have a ton of baggage! Chasing skirts is a youngsters game and you can't be a renter all your life either. Or can you.. Hmmm. LOL!

We both sold our houses within 3 months (her) and 6 months (me) of meeting and moved in a 40 foot RV together for 2 years. If she can put up with me in those space confinements with my antics she deserves a metal!

It's all good- but I still don't need no farkin watch or ring
    You sound like you know what's what Mark. Here's what an old guy can do, free consulting.

Just say......

YOU'RE ALL I WANT HONEY.... I'd rather save the money and have you all to myself on a couple of great vacations, preferably in the Bahamas, Hawaii, or maybe a Poker run or Two

15. Collapse Details

if her vision centres around expensive gifts and 'keeping up with the Joneses" and yours doesnt..... live within your means..... .. Unless your name is Rockefeller you'll never win the "one upmanship" game
    You are 100% correct; we laugh at the Joneses. I say most people that look rich just have good credit (saying not as true as it once was but still). Funny how all these people that were big pimpin were doing a refi appraisal the following month so they wouldn't lose it all. REALLY opened my eyes to who really could afford to live the way they do.

We live way under our means- less than 20% of our income goes to bills including boat, housing, vehicles, etc. Hell- we lived in a trailer for 2 years (that only cost 2 months income). Just saying- I see how I painted the materialistic picture but that couldn't be further from the way we really are.

The watch thing is a 1 time deal without a doubt and I kind of brought it on myself (already taking blame- WTF is this marriage doing to my balls?!?!).

Anyway- we already agreed on how to run our financial lives and some thing like this ring we were to be "even" on. Well I went out and blew $20K on her ring because I wanted her to have some thing to be proud of. So... I figured we would let this one slide about being even since it was her ring but she's not having that. So I say let's put it towards a RV? She says the RV is joint so that doesn't count, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Scarab KV View Post
    Not really. I have a lot of friends who are way better off then me, but I am me. Have nobody to impress but myself. If a new acquaintance embraces my friendship based on monetary values, the relationship doesn't last long.
    You are right! That was kind of a joke but since I was the only one that knew what was going on in my head it only made sense to me. LOL! I wanted her to have some thing to be proud of- trying to keep up with the Joneses on this one if you will.

Money has nothing to do with true friendships- send me $50 and I'll prove it to you.. HA!

No really- I'd rather buy drinks so it doesn't look like I'm around anyone for their $$$ just to make sure. Man- I just had a flashback I'd be rich if I didn't do that!

16. Collapse Details

WTF- this went from watches to marriage counseling and I'm not even married yet????

17. Collapse Details

I fell in love with the Rolex stainless Jubilee Datejust with the diamonds on the hour and the black Rolex jubilee dial. Right around $8K at Jared. For my everyday watch I have a Rolex stainless Datejust with the standard black dial, no bling. Just sold my GMT Master.

18. Collapse Details

That 20K watch is going to make you sad when you put a nice, big ding in it doing something you knew you should have taken it off for.

I had about a dozen watches at one time and never wore any but one. The first Rolex I bought 25 years ago. It's definitely got some charachter on it from thr miles it's travelled. Bought it for $550 in the BX in Italy in '83. Cost me more than that to have it cleaned last year.

19. Collapse Details

WTF- this went from watches to marriage counseling and I'm not even married yet????
    That should be telling you something.

I'll bet ya your watch (if you sucker into it) that you won't make it 10 yrs.

Oh wait, I haven't made it 10 yrs yet either.
    And I'm on my second try.
    This one is much more hopeful though.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

20. Collapse Details

MM you are a wingnut for even looking at 40K in jewelry. You already made 1/2 a bad decision by blowing the wad on a 20K ring for her don't follow it up with another 20K bad decision just to even up the "distribution of wealth."

Been married 13 years this year, have had a Rolex since 91 and have maybe worn it 100 times. Have a wedding ring, very simple gold band that I have worn maybe 50 times. If I wear a suit the watch/ring are on but other than that never.....I hate jewelry.

Don't **** away good money in this economy. Go buy 20k in blue chip stocks and see what they are worth in 10 years.