Thread: Watches

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Would you like to know how to donate it to my boat racing fund through Paypal??
    Ha- I've proposed several much better ways to waste money:

Formula 350SS ~ Deep Impact w/Quad's ~ Concept 36 open w/trips

I mean really- we lived in a RV for 22 months to "get ahead" and I'm going to have some thing ticking (well sweep movement is quiet I guess) away in my top drawer worth that much loot. My first name is Mark but my last name is not Cuban! She said whos Mark Cuban? Women!

So I hear ya- hence the reason to get some that will hold it's value so when the need comes for a new toy it can be a quick dump, cash back in hand and WTB (the good one- wanted-to-buy) in effect. Just trying to play the game (Yes, Dear...) for now- easier to go with the flow than against it.

I know- folding my balls over but once you see me drunk it and realize she puts up with that quite often you would more than understand..

2. Collapse Details

I have a simple wedding band that has not been worn in 25 years, same reason as Tony. As for the watch, you going to wear it everyday or only as jewelry? I wear mine every day and don't have a dress watch.
    Run until it sounds expensive

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post

45.8% disagree (divorce rate in US for 2008)

Hope for the best; plan for the worst. I'll be 38 in 2010- if we D it up I'd be too old to start over with nothing.

It was 51 for me, started over with...errr... not as much

I noticed in your posts that the term "We" or "Us" doesn't come up a lot.

4. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
    It was 51 for me, started over with...errr... not as much

Going to be 41/42 for me depending how long it takes to find the end. Started out at 18 with no $$$ no credit. Starting over with neg cash and bad credit.

Judge ordered her to pay the mortgage since she wanted to live in the house. It has taken me 7 months to get a hearing for contempt from her not paying. Judge said in hearing it has already ruined my credit, "that's water under the bridge". Go ahead and sell the house but in the mean time she gets to live in it for free.

5. Collapse Details

pics of the lovely couple this is a funny read???

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BBB725 View Post
    As for the watch, you going to wear it everyday or only as jewelry? I wear mine every day and don't have a dress watch.
    Only as a dress watch. I don't wear any jewelery. I have my hands/arms in electronic/electrical equipment all day as a phone guy and really since I've never worn any it is uncomfortable to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
    Yea- I've been reminded of that by her more than once.. I'll be 37 this month and this is the 1st person I'vd dated over a year (we've dated since 12/05). Kind of get use to my life revolving around me and hard habit to break.

I've been following your plight bro- sorry to hear..

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    pics of the lovely couple this is a funny read???
    www.JamieAndMark.net

Of course she doesn't know any thing of the watch idea yet. She knows I prefer understated classy but I think she thinks if I get a bling bling ring that I'll wear it. See the Rolex's I like on the 1st page- fairly "blah" when it comes to bling- prefer the elegance over sh-zam.

Like in a plain white 30 Skater w/300XS's and a classic green stripe kind of way.. (unless it was the baddest of the bad like Pure Platinum).

Nothing like thinking you have "The Sh1t" and then someone else rolling up with "The Real Sh1t" so unless you KNOW you have "The Real Sh1t" it is better to be understated than overstated and put in your place. Make sense?
    Last edited by MarylandMark; 05-03-2009 at 11:12 AM.

7. Collapse Details

Nothing like thinking you have "The Sh1t" and then someone else rolling up with "The Real Sh1t" so unless you KNOW you have "The Real Sh1t" it is better to be understated than overstated and put in your place. Make sense?
    The problem is even when you think you are the "really real sh1t" with something as bad ass as Pure Platinum, someone shows up with a 44 MTI, two semis, a motorhome, 20 motorcycles and a ZR1!

How about spending 5-10K on a watch, and then upgrading the home theater to something real nice, or a pool table...etc. I agree that a 20K on a watch seems excessive but there are plenty of other little toys you could get yourself too.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by RLJ676 View Post
    How about spending 5-10K on a watch, and then upgrading the home theater to something real nice, or a pool table...etc. I agree that a 20K on a watch seems excessive but there are plenty of other little toys you could get yourself too.
    That's been my angle since 12/08 when we got engaged. I'm resigned to just buy some thing to prove I'm not going to wear it and then be able to re-coup most of it in a few years. I need a rental.. LOL!!

Already have my new RV picked out, already have what we want to do to the house planned out, etc and the best part it all has been budgeted for. (We've been trying to buy a foreclosure since 3/08 so spending $$ on the other toys has been on hold until that happens). Trust me when I say I have a list 2 miles long to spend this money on besides jewelery but kind of sick of fighting the fight.

There is no reason someone in our income should have a $20K watch has been my angle but not getting very far. She says it will last a long time and doesn't depreciate. We have low debt and make around $200K between us but 10% of our income is still 10% and 10% of our income sitting next to the wallet my Grandma gave me 15 years ago (she pass shortly after or it would have been in the trash 15 years ago) I've never used is plain stupid IMHO.
    Last edited by MarylandMark; 05-03-2009 at 11:38 AM.

9. Collapse Details

So, you aren't married yet, and she's already got you spending outrageous amounts of money on things you don't want...

I see where this is headed
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

10. Collapse Details

Only as a dress watch. I don't wear any jewelery. I have my hands/arms in electronic/electrical equipment all day as a phone guy and really since I've never worn any it is uncomfortable to wear.

Of course she doesn't know any thing of the watch idea yet. She knows I prefer understated classy but I think she thinks if I get a bling bling ring that I'll wear it. See the Rolex's I like on the 1st page- fairly "blah" when it comes to bling- prefer the elegance over sh-zam.

Like in a plain white 30 Skater w/300XS's and a classic green stripe kind of way.. (unless it was the baddest of the bad like Pure Platinum).

A Yachtmaster or Daytona, the people who know will see the watch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WBS-1224 ALL.jpg   Z-6000 ALL.jpg  
    Run until it sounds expensive

11. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    I must be a cheap f****r. Wifes ring was $3500, my ring was $800 and my watch is a Field and Stream $20 special that hasn't lost time in 15 years. Probably shouldn't have worn my band on the truck, but did. Just always had gloves on when handling freight or pallets, swing'n trailer doors, hook'n up, etc. Had a friend who caught his ring on a grab handle swinging down from the cab of his Pete.....shreaded every bit of skin from his finger. Still wore mine.....didn't feel right with it off.

12. Collapse Details

http://www.jamieandmark.net/

EEEEKKKKK!!!! please tell that is her doing and NOT your doing...... if you had a hand in that we need to get you into testosterone therapy quick!!!!! your scaring me man....
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

13. Collapse Details

Website aside I'd buy a Cig watch ($1200-1500) and Wild's Cig 20 leaving $2,500 for some upgrades.

14. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    With what I make, I'll never have to worry about getting one of those
    ________

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rainmn View Post
    save the extra 15 grand.
    4 the attorney!!!!!!!!

16. Collapse Details

YES! One of them is in my 1st post but in (preferable by me) silver. Bling but not like like the grille of a 80's era rapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarab KV View Post
    I must be a cheap f****r. Wifes ring was $3500, my ring was $800 and my watch is a Field and Stream $20 special that hasn't lost time in 15 years. Probably shouldn't have worn my band on the truck, but did. Just always had gloves on when handling freight or pallets, swing'n trailer doors, hook'n up, etc. Had a friend who caught his ring on a grab handle swinging down from the cab of his Pete.....shreaded every bit of skin from his finger. Still wore mine.....didn't feel right with it off.
    I'm with you! Sucks hanging around rich people- felt like I had to be at least in the ball park with them. When the jeweler told me $10K I was taken back a little; when he told me $10K was only for the center stone I dropped my soda bottle on the counter and broke a $200 figurine..

I can't wear gloves at work- have to squeeze in to small spot and can't have any thing conductive on me. There is a safety video we watch of a dude with a long gold chain on that swung over, grounded to some thing and blew his neck off. Ok not that bad but still- I get bit with 130-190 volts 3-4 times a day as it is and don't want to have to take any chances.

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    http://www.jamieandmark.net/

EEEEKKKKK!!!! please tell that is her doing and NOT your doing...... if you had a hand in that we need to get you into testosterone therapy quick!!!!! your scaring me man....
    Of course it was HER doing. :coolgleamA: Let's just say when I get in trouble I end up having to do gay crap so I make sure whatever I do wrong is worth it (and it is- even my finest moment dolphin swimming!).
    Last edited by MarylandMark; 05-03-2009 at 02:34 PM.

17. Collapse Details

Of course it was HER doing. :coolgleamA: Let's just say when I get in trouble I end up having to do gay crap so I make sure whatever I do wrong is worth it (and it is- even my finest moment dolphin swimming!).
    I have always just put my foot down... I never let a women tell me I did something wrong in her eyes...she starts that the reply is always.. I'm a guy...I do guy things..thats the way it is, if you have a problem with that, thats your problem. she will take it for a while, then one day she will be done and leave. that usually coincides with the time the novelty has worn off and your getting tired of her. gotta love it when aplan comes together. of course that could explain why i have never been married...or why an ex gf tried to shoot me..
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

18. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    an ex gf tried to shoot me..
    Probably a little more to that story.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Scarab KV View Post
    Know what ya mean.
    $100 watch that I've been wearing for five years.
    Wedding rings, maybe $800 between the two of us.
    Engagement ring, I don't even want to say...
    5 yr anniversary ring for her, bout a grand, but appraised at 3K.
    I don't wear jewelry either.
    Wedding band, watch, and an earring of my daughters birthstone.
    The wife agrees with me to throw money into the boat, instead of jewelry.

I remember when my Father lost his original wedding band (truck driver, constantly putting on and removing gloves), and he was pretty upset about it.
    I never take mine off.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

20. Collapse Details

Me too Phragle- It's always been my way or the highway and the never dated a chick over a year before her. At my age (36); if I let her go I bet the next one I found would have a ton of baggage! Chasing skirts is a youngsters game and you can't be a renter all your life either. Or can you.. Hmmm. LOL!

We both sold our houses within 3 months (her) and 6 months (me) of meeting and moved in a 40 foot RV together for 2 years. If she can put up with me in those space confinements with my antics she deserves a metal!

It's all good- but I still don't need no farkin watch or ring