Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Just replace the wood vs. removing the old staples.
    Brian Tillett; Active Thunder Factory Representative
    wwwActiveThunderBoats.com
    brian(a)activethunderboats.com

2. Collapse Details

Ok-I think I am going to replace the wood.

I called Myco and (3 days ago) and no return phone call, so I emailed them and will wait to hear.

Thanks again for the above advice

3. Collapse Details

http://www.bunkaps.com/index.html

Slippery when wet but straps are the rule when I trailer anyway.

4. Collapse Details

UPDATE on my Myco Trailer:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replaced all bearings and complete inspection by a Myco dealer in the area, I am glad I spent the $$ for the new bearings as it was getting close to needing new ones anyway. 6 new sets! $$$

SEVEN (7) New Goodyear Tires!

Next is the Bunks:

I will replace the carpet-and use stainless staples, one bunk needs to be replaced-hopefully we can get this done this weekend.

I urge you guys to check your bearings and not just "add grease" every now and then-that to me is a BIGGIE and if you are not sure how to preflight the trailer before use-ASK someone who knows, I have learned a lot about this!

I can't believe some of the junk I see hauling boats around here in Florida-talk about a disaster waiting to happen!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JETJOCK View Post
    UPDATE on my Myco Trailer:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replaced all bearings and complete inspection by a Myco dealer in the area, I am glad I spent the $$ for the new bearings as it was getting close to needing new ones anyway. 6 new sets! $$$

SEVEN (7) New Goodyear Tires!

Next is the Bunks:

I will replace the carpet-and use stainless staples, one bunk needs to be replaced-hopefully we can get this done this weekend.

I urge you guys to check your bearings and not just "add grease" every now and then-that to me is a BIGGIE and if you are not sure how to preflight the trailer before use-ASK someone who knows, I have learned a lot about this!

I can't believe some of the junk I see hauling boats around here in Florida-talk about a disaster waiting to happen!
    Which bearings did you go with? Are they the US Made Timkens or some of the Chinese stuff that is out there?

I've run both, and I highly, HIGHLY recommend the Timken bearings.

6. Collapse Details

Redid my carpet, and added centering bunks to facilitate loading. I got the carpet from Owens & Sons, a trailer manufacturer in St. Pete. They cut the size needed to accomodate the large cyprus bunks in back. I have dealt with them a few times on some trailer items, and Jeff & his sister are great to deal with.

Yes, removing the old staples is a pain in the azz.

7. Collapse Details

New Capret, ONE new BUNK, NEW Bearings, replaced some Brake line fittings, 7 (SEVEN) new goodyear tires........My MYCO is "almost new again"

Oh-yeah and I had to replace some of the bolts on the bunks as they were bent, I think that was caused by the previous owner!

Anyway GLAD to have all that behind me---!@

8. Collapse Details

On every Myco I have seen...Once you remove the carpet the wood is cracked or broken around all the mounting points... Just get new lumber and build the bunks and recover them on the floor.... Treated lumber from Home Depot is fine..The lumber will last way longer than your next bunk/carpet job... Buying and cutting wood is easier than removing 2000 staples and recovering the old warped junk.. Jeff

9. Collapse Details

I will be doing this at the end of the season and I'm not looking forward to it. Biggest pain in the ass is going to be getting my boat off of the trailer for a few days.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HPBoats83 View Post
    I will be doing this at the end of the season and I'm not looking forward to it. Biggest pain in the ass is going to be getting my boat off of the trailer for a few days.
    Just swing by a marina with a lift or another method of pulling the boat on a Saturday morning. Leave it in the air until Monday. You can finish it up in one day. It's not that big of pain, just tedious work. Especially if you are an anal SOB like myself and everything needs to be perfect.

11. Collapse Details

I just finished with my Myco trailer. Replaced bunks, carpet, bearing, seals, disc pads. Don't forget to clean all your light grounds. All of my wire lugs had the white power dust on them. Half the stainless screws broke off while trying to remove. Shine the aluminum up and add grease to each connection, keep the lights working.