Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VetteLT193 View Post
    If you think I have jumped the gun I'll delete the thread.

I'm super flexible, everyone gets busy, and I am super understanding... what got me is this is the last contact I got, which was from last Friday.

I didn't hear back at all, which is really not a big deal compared to the email... What kind of suggestions am I going to get? Just sounds to me like they aren't going to do anything. That's what got me going.
    Just gonna give you my opinion.

Don't delete the thread, rename it to something like, Have you guys had trouble with Gaffrig. Then let all the members help. I notified them of the thread. Now, I'm a little prejudiced. The boats I've redone have their stuff. No problems for me.

One of the things we said before the site was started, give people a chance. If you were on the receiving end, we'd also try to help. Last Friday you got a message they'd get back to you on Monday and Monday you started this thread?

Stuff happens, we all know it, lets see what happens. Okay?
    Last edited by Ratickle; 04-30-2009 at 10:50 PM.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

Serious Offshore Members,

Gaffrig Performance has been in business for over 25 years now. We have been complimented on our customer service and products by many happy boaters over our many years of business.

We do not generally work out our customer service issues through forums, however we were contacted by your moderator regarding this thread and felt it necessary to assure to you that we always have and always will conduct our business dealings with class and professionalism.

So much is lost in the translation of emails and forum posts that a one on one phone conversation can cure. We apologize for the miscommunication to " VetteLT193 " and never want any customer to feel he has slipped through the cracks. Please give us a call so that the email you received from us can be discussed.

Our goal is to leave each of our customers with a great Gaffrig experience so that we can be around another 25 years to come !

Thank you to all our customers for your past and future business and to all the understanding and positive responses received on this thread. Also thank you to the moderator for contacting us regarding this thread. It sounds like you guys are trying to operating a clean, fair forum giving boaters an opportunity to communicate.

Have a great boating season!

Mike Schultz

3. Collapse Details

Said it before... it's not the problem that matters, its the resolution. the Japanese have a saying, learned it when I was studying japanes quality control (Deming)when I was managing a warehouse..

Fix the problem, not the blame.

looks like this problem will be resolved favorably. a plus for all parties involved.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

4. Collapse Details

We appreciate the fact that you came on here to post Mike and we will continue to try and provide the most open and honest forum on offshore boating. Hopefully one of you can post the end result of this transaction and it can be resolved to all party's satisfaction. We look forward to hearing the outcome.

5. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFRIG11 View Post

Gaffrig Performance has been in business for over 25 years now. We have been complimented on our customer service and products by many happy boaters over our many years of business.

We do not generally work out our customer service issues through forums, however we were contacted by your moderator regarding this thread and felt it necessary to assure to you that we always have and always will conduct our business dealings with class and professionalism.

So much is lost in the translation of emails and forum posts that a one on one phone conversation can cure. We apologize for the miscommunication to " VetteLT193 " and never want any customer to feel he has slipped through the cracks. Please give us a call so that the email you received from us can be discussed.

Our goal is to leave each of our customers with a great Gaffrig experience so that we can be around another 25 years to come !

Thank you to all our customers for your past and future business and to all the understanding and positive responses received on this thread. Also thank you to the moderator for contacting us regarding this thread. It sounds like you guys are trying to operating a clean, fair forum giving boaters an opportunity to communicate.

Mike Schultz
    Mike,
    Welcome to Serious Offshore, and thank you for your thoughtful response. I'm sure you two will reach an amicable agreement. We look forward to this matter's resolution.

6. Collapse Details

Mike Schultz
    Welcome Mike.

Totally understand why you don't do this kind of thing on forums, usually. Thanks for posting in this instance, and hope that you stay around.

Have a great season too!

7. Collapse Details

Mike Schultz
    Thanks Mike, got your email and will call you Monday (working late tonight)... Thanks for your reply! I feel 1000% better just to hear back from someone with a positive response. That's all I really ask for

BTW: I have a bunch of Gaffrig stuff in my boat and it's all been great except this one gauge.

And thanks Stectz. I already owe you a couple drinks, gotta pick up a whole night's tab now

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by VetteLT193 View Post
    Thanks Mike, got your email and will call you Monday (working late tonight)... Thanks for your reply! I feel 1000% better just to hear back from someone with a positive response. That's all I really ask for

BTW: I have a bunch of Gaffrig stuff in my boat and it's all been great except this one gauge.

And thanks Stectz. I already owe you a couple drinks, gotta pick up a whole night's tab now
    dont thank me.. i have people that do my dirty work for me... im just the face man....

thank mike, he came on here when we heard there was a problem and dealt with it... im also not one to point when there is a problem its how you fix the problem that makes relationships.....

i wish more were like mike, doing business would be a whole lot nicer.....
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....

9. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stecz20 View Post
    im just the face man....
    And we really got to work on that mug....

10. Collapse Details

"DON'T LOOK FOR FAULT - FIND A SOLUTION"
    this saying hangs in my shop and it helps keep my sanity

11. Collapse Details

Last update was May 1st.

23 days later .... any updates ?

I have an interest in seeing how this matter was resolved, or if it was resolved.

12. Collapse Details

How did it go?

I have dealt with Mike in the past and have worked with him in person. He is a good man to deal with. All of my problems were solved with a phone call.

13. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Spyder View Post
    How did it go?

I have dealt with Mike in the past and have worked with him in person. He is a good man to deal with. All of my problems were solved with a phone call.
    I PM'd Vette At the end of May, and on the 28th he answered he'd been out of town the entire time and had not had a chance to contact Mike yet. But said he would as soon as he knew somthing.

I think he must have felt real comfortable that Mike had taken the time to answer.

Hopefully updates to follow.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You really shouldn't have to beg someone to make it right.

EXACTLY!
    Even thou Autometer directions for my GPS speedo were horrible, they did have great customer service and resolved the situation. In the end that`s what matters. Now for sure Ill keep buying Autometer

15. Collapse Details

Banned
    Nobody should have issues with GAFFRIG ,,Mike is a stand up guy as well as the company,,,just sometimes hard to get a hold of.
    Also the statement from northernoffshore is absoluteley fals.
    That was the time when Livorsi used the name gaffrig,,,the REAL Gaffrig's are water and fog proof,,altough it can happen during asembly that a gasket slips or breakes ,,,i guess that is what happend in this case.
    I have been dealing with Gaffrig for a while now and he is also a sponsor for my race boat ,,never had any problems and he helped alot of my boating friends as well on pricing as on support.
    Scott

16. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Mike came on and straightened everything up. No one begged, it was just a few days of difference in when they would talk again.