Thread: Tv

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Tv
    Charter Member
    Well all the hype in the world about TV, and it still isnt bringing anyone closer to having a combined worlds. Short term thought seems to be, if we have TV everyone will come race with the respective organization. I am sure the production company knows their job.

Now ask yourself this, who is really excited about 12 boats in numerous classes? the general populace could really give a $hit less about something they dont undestand, let alone caputure thier attention for a Hour.

When the organizations/racer's start to realize that this is a form of entertaiment, to the general public not a stroke my ego because I race boats.
    It is easy to see other forms of racing capture more attention because it is easier to follow! If there are numerous classes, they show the top tier Period!
    all the lower classes get mentioned, but are not the spot light of the show.

Reduction of classes is where this starts, if your boat doesnt fit in a specific class, it more than likely isnt going to get the coverage.

Look at X-cat 20+ boats, all similar in design, same power, and somewhat affordable, and backed by a group that has financial power to offer huge payouts.

So where will Racing be at the end of 2009??
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B View Post

So where will Racing be at the end of 2009??
    Thats the 20 million dollar question Pete, I guess at the end of the year we just need to shake the tree and see what falls. Best to you this year and hope to bump into you somewhere along the way.

trent
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Trent,
    Its really not that hard to look at when you look at the various different organizations around the world, and what their model is. The U.S. has TOO MANY CLASSES!
    It would hurt some feelings, bruise some egos, etc. it is time for 2 classes, the rest is filler club racing at best. Some have spent 100's of thousands of dollars, to only race themselves, others have had visions of making a new class which only dilutes the rest.

Many say the old boats need a place to race, yes and no, they are only filler for the main event.

Ask your self honestly where this TV program will take you?? when you have teams like JBS that bring a lot of WOW Factor to a race and they dont have a high dollar sponsor!
    how is the the P-5 think he is going to land a big fish???

Corporate America is failing, look at NHRA, Nascar, etc they are having issues getting sponsors. Just because of a deal for TV, doesnt mean the sponsor will come running with bags of money.

4. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Pete,
    You would be suprised the sponsors SBI is talking to and the amount of interests. Like I have siad before its alot bigger then just TV. Stay Tune....

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    I am a current member of SBI. Why no emails of this great news?

6. Collapse Details

Why was the last thread on this removed ??

7. Collapse Details

Competitor
    I guess Randy didnt want to hear it and felt he was wasiting his time.

8. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Pete,
    You would be suprised the sponsors SBI is talking to and the amount of interests. Like I have siad before its alot bigger then just TV. Stay Tune....
    I have watched NOT just your group but all groups! If it works great.

But I recently watched someone get voted for president and the results arent so good for corporate america!

So just because I hear it doesnt mean it will happen. There have been way too many broken promises, or unfufilled dreams.
    Sorry if this sound s negative but, the song remains the same!
    Last edited by Pete B; 04-27-2009 at 09:04 AM.

9. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Pete you are in Media I'm really suprised you dont see the Value of a Major Net work show that airs to almost a 100 Million house holds. I would atleast with its a start....

10. Collapse Details

Competitor
    CBS will release a statement soon and I'm sure you will get an email if you r a member.
    The Seminlole release alot of the info. on some other things in Clear Water and also in Miami.
    Any info. that you would like let me know and I can email u and try to keep you up to date.

11. Collapse Details

Pete,

It is my understanding that there is a "combined US Worlds" in KW. Anyone that has raced with any Org in that year can go. Racers from overseas, SBI, OPA and OSS go. So what is wrong?

Is it only "combined" if OSS is running the site? I'm not clear on your post.

Thanks

I do also agree with that there are too many classes. Six is plenty four would be better

12. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    I will state this as I always have the sport needs to unify....Just like Indy and CART did to bring it back to what it was!!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

13. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Not that Cart and Indy are back to where they were but at least it is on the right track
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

14. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Pete ,

I agree lots of things do fall apart but you have to go on and keep trying you cant give up. Things happen all the time just like an Org. schedule fall apart but i dont think it was broken promises, everyone is trying their best.

15. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Pete you are in Media I'm really suprised you dont see the Value of a Major Net work show that airs to almost a 100 Million house holds. I would atleast with its a start....
    I understand the value of having a POSSIBLE 100 Million Viewers, but let's be reasonable with numbers. HOW MANY would you say will watch??? And again, not bashing, or being negative, lets be realistic.

12 boats in 8 classes. What is the selling point??? Again dont take this as a negative, explain what the viewer will find intresting in this???

Doing articles for print, one can make it a four page story or a half page, and to the intrested reader they will spend 5 to 10 minutes reading it, look at the pics, then move to the next article.

IT is my opinion that the entertainment world we live in, with 100+ channels on TV. How many times have you flipped through the channels, all 100+, and said there aint JACK $HIT on TV. This will not change it IMO, it will certainly give another option.

But until the racers realize that there needs to be fewer classes, the organizers need to unite, any program will be sub-par from its overall potential. of course this is just MY opinion, and MY opinion is formed from watching other motorsports on TV, and in Person.

16. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Pete,
    You keep saying 12 boats what makes you think when this is done it will be 12 boats.You are thinking small and not taking it to the next level.The show will air on Saturady afternoon Prime time so that should help and the 100 million number is the CMF's that slot draws.

17. Collapse Details

18. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    Pete,

It is my understanding that there is a "combined US Worlds" in KW. Anyone that has raced with any Org in that year can go. Racers from overseas, SBI, OPA and OSS go. So what is wrong?

Is it only "combined" if OSS is running the site? I'm not clear on your post.

Thanks

I do also agree with that there are too many classes. Six is plenty four would be better
    It has nothing to do with SBI, OSS or OPA, each has a regional area at best.

there is also a Worlds that will be in Jupiter, Florida. That GEICO is sponsoring, I am sure it wont be a slouch of a race , as it will provide "BIGWATER" racing, who will attend that a catch a crown.

19. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Pete,
    You keep saying 12 boats what makes you think when this is done it will be 12 boats.You are thinking small and not taking it to the next level.The show will air on Saturady afternoon Prime time so that should help and the 100 million number is the CMF's that slot draws.
    I am going by the first race which will air when?? OCT?? and will feature the MIAMI race which had 12 boats?? will there be a bigger boat count in future races , I certainly hope so.

Also If I recall OCT saturday afternoons is NCAA football season, not thinking small here but, maybe a Florida -Georgia game may have just a little more juice, not sure but, the millions of dollars poured into college sports would tell me otherwise.

20. Collapse Details

Competitor
    I guess time will tell, but most everyone that i talk to is excited and interested in racing on TV for their sponsors.

You talk about boat count and Miami how many boats do you think will be in Jupiter if it even happens 20 - 25 ?? Is that a Worlds ? But it doesnt matter and i dont think anyone care you brough the point up about boat count.