Thread: Tv

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
  1. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Pete,
    So I guess the racers are to blame not the Org. that is a good point . Simalar to the boat count for the Pro AM boats that Ron has worked so hard to Prom. I know a lot of boat said they were coming and bailed on him, it sucks I agree.

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Sean Im ok with a lot of this. I am doing baby steps and watching how the next race turns out with boats now that the news is public. Will it draw more boats? We will see. Will there be more boats racing in each class we will see? I hope they put on a great show. Its hard to here about all the 60 registered boats SBI has and only 11 showed up for the first race. Dont they all know its on TV? Why didnt they show up? We can only hope for a great new beginning for our sport. If I had a sponsor that was paying me to race my boat I would be right there with you guys. Keep plugging away guys.
    PS: In the past I was posting NBC in my post's I am sorry about that. Someone cleared that up for me that its CBS.
    MD

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    I keep hearing about teching, not sure what that is all about. SBI tech crew is on of the best so not sure what the issue is.
    Class rules all match, SS,SV,750/850 Cats,SCU,SCL,Turbines.

Good example there was a SCL team in KW in 07 that was *****ing about a SCL team that won. He asked the inspectors to double and triple ck him,he said he knew he was not legal. This is a boat that won 6 races in OSS that yr, and now he wants the SBI tech to catch him ?? We just thought that was strange, that the OSS tech didnt find the issue if there was one.
    In KW 07 ask Neil when he had the Bevins SCL there and how he was inspected. He asked me if he was being inspected like he was because he was an OSS team. He said he was never inspected like that ever. He was inspected as any other boat was .
    nobody checked weight, gear, ecu on 850 boats at KW.

julie and matt checked props.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B View Post
    The production value is not in question, as CBS has done many world class events.
    the question is subject matter. Marathon will fall on the same weekend as Cumberland, what site will have the better boat count??? better question which site will have actual
    racing that can be enjoy by both the novice fan and the seasoned offshore junkie??

A intresting fact that seems to always eludes, is the Miami race first race of the season,
    X number of boats show up! then the excuses line up, its too rough , the boats arent ready, etc.

This is suppose to be a professional sport, do you think the Daytona 500 would be as popular if 10 cars only showed up because its too cold, or they were not ready.

That is one of the lamest excuses for not attending a race! yet wanting to be called a Professional.
    Wow Pete, this Obama has made you cranky. It might help if you think of this deal like YOU probably think of Key West.

They don't deserve it. They don't do a good job running it. They don't have enough of the right kind of boats for it. But like it or not it belongs to SBI.

The subject matter of the programs will be Offshore Powerboat racing and it's racers.
    Between now and October there will be plenty of racing to program. This is not about Miami, Cumberland or even Marathon. The biggest races might take up more than one program. As each piece of this story unfolds the boat counts will grow enough to provide the necessary competition. The American public's perception of our sport will be molded by these programs, like it or not. The numbers involved guarantee it. Please try to think of how much our sport will benefit if these shows resonate with the public. It will be good for everyone regardless of the three letters on their shirt.

I have not heard anyone suggest that Teams should cancel races with whoever they are racing with. SBI is not putting out a call to "jump ship". The requirements are a positive attitude, an Offshore Raceboat and the cash to race it. The payoff could be massive. The payoff for those with a secured and CBS approved national sponsor will be massive.

Insulting the Racers who chose not to make Miami and getting back into the boat count silliness is not very positive.
    Who besides OPA has any business bragging about boat count? Who?

I know how you feel about the election.
    SQ

5. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Sean,
    Just to clear that up,part of the deal with Merc being at KW was for them to do Tech inspection on the 850 boat. You might want to ask Bill about that.

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    OK you guys need to clarify which Sean you're talking to here!!! I am pretty sure Randy's post was to me and I think the last Xtreme was to Sean H....Sorry i am easily confused I should have been a blonde or maybe it was because I paid attn to too many blondes!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    OK you guys need to clarify which Sean you're talking to here!!! I am pretty sure Randy's post was to me and I think the last Xtreme was to Sean H....Sorry i am easily confused I should have been a blonde or maybe it was because I paid attn to too many blondes!!!

Sean Stinson,
    I don't know you that well. But I know about the blondes. Not sure how I know. Osmosis? Too much time reading about this stuff?
    SQ

8. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Race boat for sale. Trade for monster truck

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Sean,
    Just to clear that up,part of the deal with Merc being at KW was for them to do Tech inspection on the 850 boat. You might want to ask Bill about that.
    Well, the boats weren't inspected.

So now who does it for SBI? I know you guys have adapted the 850 rule book from OSS, does that mean you have new ECM's to pass out as well for everybody for each race?

this really isn't tv related, and it's not a chit stirring exercise either.... but tech is a legit source of concern especially in this class, race speeds could vary wildly by 15-20 MPH without much effort if no fear of a tech inspection.

We don't mind bringing it, we just want to know how much we need to bring.

all other questions should go to the other Sean....

10. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    I agree this could be big if it goes off. So am I out of line to ask JC to call OSS (Poli) and to disscuss whats going on. Is there an opertunity to REALY bring the OSS boats to more SBI races. It still boils down to some give and take or does SBI still want to hold the ground of its my way or the highway. I would like to see some dialog and some giving on both sides. With out giving I feel there is still a lot of bad blood to bring the teams together at more than one race in Key West. A TV show needs big races all year I would think. I am sure some will say SBI doesnt need to give anything they have TV now. I think thats bad business if thats the answer. If you have TV and that money backing you WHY WOULD YOU NEED ENTRY FEE AND REGISTRATION FEE'S? Wouldnt the object be to jump start this show to insure its success and make sure you had a show. Could you imagine if this show fails beacause there were not enough boats.Go ahead and shoot me now.
    MD

11. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Randy,
    Some good points, and some of them if not all of that could be happening. Its not going to happen over nite but a lot of it is in the works. SBI is getting call from teams all day long, and some new teams that are showing interests. This is all good news and possible a begining to what the futhure will bring.
    SBI has 9 reg boats for the Kilo's already from different Orgs. so teams r showing interests to be involved. The teams that want to make it happen will make it happen.

Is this the cure all to everything and for everyone absolutely not, but it is a hell of a lot better then anything else i see out there right now. We all agree Offshore needs something and is at its lowest point that it has been for yrs. I dont really see what we have to lose. If things work thats great and if they dont what have we lost. If we keep saying the glass is half empty long enough you know what we will all start to beleave it.

SBI is flipping the bill for the big cash for TV not me and you,so I know I'm not complaining yet. We all say how it should be done and how to do it but does anyone of us really know what the Big Picture is?? So if you dont know how can we say its not going to be done right??

I dont see anyone else signing a ck and making Offshore work, not putting anyone down but all I here is about boat count and 11 boats in Miami. OSS averages 15-20 Pro Series boats a race, is that trully the big show and the cure for Offfshore?? Sarasota will have 35-40 is that the cure hell no.We can play the boat count game all we want its up to us the racers not the Org. to make a differance.

12. Collapse Details

Fair enough

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by stevequick View Post
    Wow Pete, this Obama has made you cranky. It might help if you think of this deal like YOU probably think of Key West.

They don't deserve it. They don't do a good job running it. They don't have enough of the right kind of boats for it. But like it or not it belongs to SBI.

The subject matter of the programs will be Offshore Powerboat racing and it's racers.
    Between now and October there will be plenty of racing to program. This is not about Miami, Cumberland or even Marathon. The biggest races might take up more than one program. As each piece of this story unfolds the boat counts will grow enough to provide the necessary competition. The American public's perception of our sport will be molded by these programs, like it or not. The numbers involved guarantee it. Please try to think of how much our sport will benefit if these shows resonate with the public. It will be good for everyone regardless of the three letters on their shirt.

I have not heard anyone suggest that Teams should cancel races with whoever they are racing with. SBI is not putting out a call to "jump ship". The requirements are a positive attitude, an Offshore Raceboat and the cash to race it. The payoff could be massive. The payoff for those with a secured and CBS approved national sponsor will be massive.

Insulting the Racers who chose not to make Miami and getting back into the boat count silliness is not very positive.
    Who besides OPA has any business bragging about boat count? Who?

I know how you feel about the election.
    SQ
    I think we are all peeved about Obaba Obama but hey there's nothing we can do about it for 4 years at least.....So now to the boat racing thing all we can do is try to throw ideas and things to the orgs that might make them think unify but it's not going to happen overnight....so the next step is to work with what we have until something that will bring the racers together....I am working on something I promise you and I hope it works .....but if it doesn't I can say I tried.....and if I get irritated with all of the politics well I will do my best to maintain a level of professionalism!!!!

14. Collapse Details

The boat count can be argued until were all dead......Nascar has 43 everyweek that do thye show....Class 1 has less than 20.....XCat I'm not sure....P1 has under 30 these figures are off the top of my head if you want exact I will have them for you later today..... Where am I going with all this??? The state of confusion in current racing for the fan and the rifts between the current orgs, he said she said, and keyboard wars is what keeps alot of the stuff thriving....All the orgs have their own agendas and that is fine but the reasons for not racing together are weak at best!!! I have to go to a meeting this morning but I will get into this when I get back!!! Randy please call me I let your number get pushed off before I saved it my bad!!!!

15. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ThrottleUp Props's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevequick View Post
    Sean Stinson,
    I don't know you that well. But I know about the blondes. Not sure how I know. Osmosis? Too much time reading about this stuff?
    SQ

Me too Steve......"Osmosis"....I never tell!

Julie
    When you feel the need for speed...Throttle Up!

GO FAST or GO HOME!

16. Collapse Details
    Here's the nitty gritty!
    Exclamation
    POWER SURGE CBS SPORTS TO BROADCAST SUPER BOAT INTERNATIONAL RACING SERIES

Key West, Fl - 5/8/2009 The 2009 Super Boat International Racing Series will be broadcast on the CBS Television Network appearing on the CBS Sports Saturday afternoon lineup in the fall of this year. The hottest growing racing series features the biggest and fastest race boats in the world competing on the liquid race track for the 2009 Super Boat International Championships. John Carbonell, President of Super Boat International Productions, is extremely pleased to showcase the high speed performance and spectacle of offshore Super Boat racing on the CBS Sports schedule beginning in October. The millions of loyal Super Boat racing fans will follow their favorite racing teams and drivers throughout the 2009 event schedule beginning with the Miami Super Boat Grand Prix and concluding with the 29th Annual Key West World Championships.
    These elite high tech competition boats are up to fifty feet in length fitted with F-16 Fighter Jet canopies over their cockpits powered by engines producing over four thousand horsepower that accelerate to speeds up to two hundred miles per hour. Super Boat Racing appeals to a wide national fan base passionately drawn to watching their favorite drivers navigate the choppy waves and complicated currents that severely test the skill of a crew and the strength and design of their boat. The 2009 event schedule will bring the Super Boat racing series back to incredible travel destinations ranging from the sparkling beaches of Florida to the high rises of New York City.

“CBS Sports is excited to bring offshore powerboat racing to the viewers showing the powerful action of this great sport,” said Rob Correa, Executive Vice President, Programming, CBS Sports.

Super Boat International racing series has been thrilling fans for the past 29 years appearing in many spectacular locations throughout the country. The 2009 event schedule will take the series to the following locations: Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Key West, Sarasota, Clearwater and Marathon, Florida. In addition, the series will visit Michigan City, Indiana, Moorehead, North Carolina and on the Hudson River in New York City. This year’s New York City event coincides with the 400th anniversary of Henry Hudson’s discovery of the Hudson River sailing on the famous Half Moon.

The racing season culminates in Key West for the 29th Annual World Championships which a week long extravaganza giving fans an opportunity to be up close with their favorite racing teams and drivers. It includes multiple days of racing and non-stop competition at the birthplace of offshore racing.

About Super Boat International

Founded by John Carbonell 19 years ago, Super Boat International races are scheduled to take place in 11 markets across the country. Super Boat International Racing Series has attracted many celebrity racers including Don Johnson, Kurt Russell, Chuck Norris, Bruce Jenner, and Jason Priestley. An estimated 20 million race fans have attended Super Boat International races and this number will continually expand attracting new fans.

Super Boat International is the only official National and International sanctioning body for offshore powerboat racing in the world. For more information including the complete race schedule go to the Super Boat International website: www.SUPERBOAT.com or www.cbssports.com or contact Super Boat International Productions at 1323 20th Terrace, Key West, Fl. 33040, phone 305-296-6166.