Thread: Tv

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I was just curious since I just read that the Clearwater permit was just applied for last week. I don't really care in either case. If anything is certain in offshore, it's that nothing is certain.

I don't believe anything I read, kinda like races in China and such.

To be politically correct, I am a current member of both SBI and OSS. So they both got my money.

2. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean H View Post
    I was just curious since I just read that the Clearwater permit was just applied for last week. I don't really care in either case. If anything is certain in offshore, it's that nothing is certain.

I don't believe anything I read, kinda like races in China and such.

To be politically correct, I am a current member of both SBI and OSS. So they both got my money.
    Sean,

Dont you think it is kinda hard to go to the CG and submit for a permit without a contract from a city ??? Thats why SBI announced Clearwater last week after the city signed the contact. Then the CG issues it.....

A strong schedule is a important tool. Really without i would think you would agree you have nothing?

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    OSS is the ONLY organization that has offered ANY racer to show up at races and ONLY pay the entry fee, no crew fee / ne registration fee. It has been done at a few site over the past few years. You guys keep saying that anyone can race with any group the point is OSS is the ONLY one that has offered it with out registering with OSS. Last year OSS offered to let them come hold there entire OWN race in Kenner at no cost to them and KEEP there own entries.....this was rejected.

PEOPLE, PLEASE learn how to use spell check!!!!!
    Ryan Beckley

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Sean,

Dont you think it is kinda hard to go to the CG and submit for a permit without a contract from a city ??? Thats why SBI announced Clearwater last week after the city signed the contact. Then the CG issues it.....

A strong schedule is a important tool. Really without i would think you would agree you have nothing?
    I am not disargeeing with you, I believe those races should be marked or even linked to 'help us save this race' type website for those cities. I know some people in OB are still working on it.

I was just wondering since Clearwater isn't 100% done like you said about other sites...

5. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Sean...the race in July in Clearwater was never going to happen....period...but what do I know...
    Last edited by MANITIE; 04-27-2009 at 04:37 PM.

6. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Ryan,

You know there is more to that story and it doesnt really matter. I was the point of contact on that deal and know it very well. It wasnt just flat out rejected there were some other issues and things that had changed from Rons and my original conversation. But Ron did what he had to do and some of the things he said were rejected by the board and changes made. Part of it was that an Pro series SBI boat would have to run Sunday again with the OSS among others things and that wasnt the original deal. I can go on but dont put blame on anyone it was a good effort on all parties part just didnt work. My point is just dont make it sound like it was just a flat out no way we arent racing with you.
    I was shocked JC even agree at first after getting screwed out of a 100 thousand last time SBI raced in NO.

7. Collapse Details

We are glad you are THE AUTHORITY on which races are and are not going to happen, THANKS Gino for enlightening us.
    Ryan Beckley

8. Collapse Details

Frank

My point is not the details of why it did not happen, it was the dollars and cents (SENSE) that OSS has offered time and time again for other racers to try OSS out for NO FEE's, NO other organization has.
    Ryan Beckley

9. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Agreed Thanks

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    We are glad you are THE AUTHORITY on which races are and are not going to happen, THANKS Gino for enlightening us.
    No authority Ryan...just responding to Franks question to Sean of having race sites up that were not a site...
    I'm just glad there is going to be a race in Clearwater....
    Last edited by MANITIE; 04-27-2009 at 05:04 PM.

11. Collapse Details

I could care less about this.. I just spoke to Ron and it's only $250.00 bucks total to run in PROAM class at Cumberland. No purse but a thats cool as my new driver and I could use the seat time together.

*and any TV Time is great!!

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing View Post
    Boat me respectfully, How will the tv guys lose interest, they sold 8 episodes to the Seminole Indians and with this being a multi million dollar deal I am sure, you think CBS cares? The Seminoles however have to keep interest and with them being displaced to OK years ago and them reaquiring America back 1 cheeseburger at a time, I am sure they know what they are doing. They just didnt walk up to JC yest and say we are buying you tv, this has taken place over 3-4 years. Maybe they see something everyone doesnt, I hope so for the benefit of all offshore. Yes I am drinking the CBS Koolaid, there I said it, I had some brief discussions with the Seminole reps in Miami and seeing how they do business is why I am drinking the koolaid on that side of the fence. If another org had better tools to work with, I'd be there. I guess I have drank other koolaids in the past and got shafted, what do I have to lose? Does another org have something better to offer at this time?
    Like i said this is all good

They just need to use the opportunity and make the most of it that is all i am saying

13. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Just for the record OSS never opened up a dialoge with any race org. stating we need 50K in purse and 35K for the staff or we have nothing to talk about! Ron never even got to talk about any of that.
    SO lets not ask how is it possable to pay the big nut to OSS to be at our race site,we have no money. The question should be how can we have OSS race with us to make our show bigger with more boats and make this a kick a$$ event in our town. First there needs to be convesation and then work on ways to financialy make it happen. How do any of you know if OSS could raise there own money to race with you? How do you know if OSS needs to bring a full staff to your race sites? How do any of you know any of the factors that you are saying is the reason we dont race together? THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A COVERSATION YET TO EVEN TALK ABOUT THESE THINGS!!!!!!!!!
    MD (Candy for Trent)

14. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    Pete...you are intidled to your opion...and comments...just like I am...
    and I see your question...but...asking what will a TV deal with 12 boats do any good for our sport....I'm reponding to it as EVERYTHING....and it is possitive...you don't own a race team and you do not race...so let me tell you alittle something...any TV exposure to a race team is a big plus...and its also big to our sport...and if you would invest 200k and own a team you would see that....so maybe instead of looking to the negtive on this TV deal....look to the possitive things it brings to the racers and owners...THATS MY POINT...

But don't sit there and tell me your post is not to knock SBI/APBA...you do this all the time...

You want me to tell you the great things in our sport...I will

OPA:
    Will have just as many boats if not more in 2009 in a bad economy.
    They have a new SV class that will have 8 boats in it there first year.
    OPA has secured all of last years race sites again for 2009.

SBI/APBA:
    Will have one of if not the biggest TV deals in our sport
    They have secured 2 new great race sites
    They have secured the Worlds in K.W. again...

OSS:
    Has added a open canopy class in the Pro AM...

So if you don't thing that a possitive thing for our sport then you should wake up...

And now you want to bring in the marine industy...were did I say anything about the marine industry...I said our sport...if you have not noticed...its not just the marine industry that has fallen off...it the whole economy...

And thats your comment to me...I can't spell...really..yeap now you'll tell me thats killing our sport to....

Your correct I am ENTITLED to my OPINION, (Note: correct spelling).

Positives, How do you know OPA will have as many or more boats in 2009??
    so now you can see the future??

AS for the new Super Vee class it isnt new, it is where super vee left off with APBA, then to OSS, until Skater and Fountain made their boats faster with 6drives. As for the bravo based boats besides the quest for winning, safety and the check book came to mind.

As for SBI it would appear they are on the right track, at least with a TV deal, hopefully this works out and DOES put a little spotlight on the sport.

AS for OSS, offering Pro-am does really make a big difference, again it gives some locals a chance to run, but it isnt creating a whole new sensation in offshore racing.

And last but certainly not least let's talk of investments, HMMM, a $200K race boat that's for sale best offer ??? so if you get $60 back, you have made one hell of a deal.

As for the marine industry being added to the sport, I guess you missed Mercury Racing having the plug pulled, but I forgot you didn use them anyway. Your Boat builder Dragon, even with the downturn in the economy is building and selling , right! There isnt any need to advertise, hell $200k is chump change for boat racers like you.

And as far as your spelling ruining Offshore, no it's not, sorry I wont blame your spelling on that.
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    How do any of you know if OSS could raise there own money to race with you?
    MD (Candy for Trent)
    a possible solution is for OSS to raise the money, pay your fees, come race and go home. OPA and SBI have their own staffs, any additional from outside sources wouldnt be needed. Its not an OSS/SBI/OPA deal, if you want to race, show up, pay, race, go home. You as a race team can race anywhere you are in good standings, its not an organizational issue. Sounds simple enough for me, but come on twist what I am saying again............

Trent
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

16. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Boys can we stop with all this back and forth....I cant see how this is good for anyone!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

17. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    I am just trying to offer ideas. And yes I pulled my last two post thinking no one wanted to read this BS but it seems they do. What do you think the CBS people think about the recruting plan now. Maybe its a little deeper than they thought. Just keep ****ing people off.
    MD

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    Just for the record OSS never opened up a dialoge with any race org. stating we need 50K in purse and 35K for the staff or we have nothing to talk about! Ron never even got to talk about any of that.
    SO lets not ask how is it possable to pay the big nut to OSS to be at our race site,we have no money. The question should be how can we have OSS race with us to make our show bigger with more boats and make this a kick a$$ event in our town. First there needs to be convesation and then work on ways to financialy make it happen. How do any of you know if OSS could raise there own money to race with you? How do you know if OSS needs to bring a full staff to your race sites? How do any of you know any of the factors that you are saying is the reason we dont race together? THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A COVERSATION YET TO EVEN TALK ABOUT THESE THINGS!!!!!!!!!
    MD (Candy for Trent)
    Randy...Dean asked you to email him....so do it...

Offer him some money to come to there site and tell him you guys will race for no prise money....maybe they will do it....and do the same to Smitty and JC....let see what happens...it would be worth the initial investment to see if it works....if they don't then this must go deeper then we know....

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B View Post
    Your correct I am ENTITLED to my OPINION, (Note: correct spelling).

Positives, How do you know OPA will have as many or more boats in 2009??
    so now you can see the future??

AS for the new Super Vee class it isnt new, it is where super vee left off with APBA, then to OSS, until Skater and Fountain made their boats faster with 6drives. As for the bravo based boats besides the quest for winning, safety and the check book came to mind.

As for SBI it would appear they are on the right track, at least with a TV deal, hopefully this works out and DOES put a little spotlight on the sport.

AS for OSS, offering Pro-am does really make a big difference, again it gives some locals a chance to run, but it isnt creating a whole new sensation in offshore racing.

And last but certainly not least let's talk of investments, HMMM, a $200K race boat that's for sale best offer ??? so if you get $60 back, you have made one hell of a deal.

As for the marine industry being added to the sport, I guess you missed Mercury Racing having the plug pulled, but I forgot you didn use them anyway. Your Boat builder Dragon, even with the downturn in the economy is building and selling , right! There isnt any need to advertise, hell $200k is chump change for boat racers like you.

And as far as your spelling ruining Offshore, no it's not, sorry I wont blame your spelling on that.
    Pete...again...why do you care about what money I have lost racing and buying boats....you have no clue on any deals I have been working on for a new boat...again...do you really want to talk about racers lossing money on there boats is that what this thread is about......once again...real positive for new racers to read....your just a bundle of joy for racers to read....Hey did you ask Ray D how much he is going to loose on his boat or any other racers that have sold and bought new boats.....no....becuase they would tell you its none of your bussiness
    This is all you can say...
    No boats so the TV will suck...
    Racers lossing money buying boats...
    Anything else Mr Happy....

Again...till you own a team...you have no idea what it takes and what TV is good and what is not....you are a fan...thats it...Till you make the investment...your opinion is nothing to the actual racer...you can voice your opinion...but thats as far as it gose....its real easy to sit behind a computer and a camera and tell us racers whats good for our sport....and were to spend our money....

And the OPA comment is based on 2009 entre's paid...not furture reading here...just paid enrtry's.....

Sounds like we racers better not spend anymore money on boats...Naaaa...I will...becuase I love racing...so sorry....

So you see...yes...I sell my boat and yes I buy a new one....and yes the manufacture gets another sale....and Mercury Racing makes some money to...

And lets see...Mercury Racing pulling the plug on who..Mercury Racing dose not pay me to race...I pay Mercury Racing for there equipment...I have spent over 200k with Mercury Racing since I started racing....is that not good enough for you..THE FAN......I would think Mercury Racing wants me to sell my boats and buy new ones so I can buy more of there equipment to help there company....Mercury Racing has always been good to me...but without the racers how big would Mercury Racing be and would there be another manufacture there to take there place...

And YES...OPA has brought back SV...so it is new for OPA.....and its a great class and it is positive news FOR OUR SPORT....not to you becasue its not your Org...but for OUR sport it is...you see thats what its about OUR SPORT...not one Org...not you...OUR sport as a whole...

Let us know if there is anything positive you can say here about Offshore racing...
    Last edited by MANITIE; 04-28-2009 at 01:14 PM.

20. Collapse Details

Please don't infect this site with this BS !!! Dave
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the
    American Military. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.