Thread: Tv

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    CBS will release a statement soon and I'm sure you will get an email if you r a member.
    The Seminlole release alot of the info. on some other things in Clear Water and also in Miami.
    Any info. that you would like let me know and I can email u and try to keep you up to date.
    I appreciate that. I remain skeptical, but hopeful. Why not post some info here?

2. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Jim,
    What is it you want to know.
    The shows will start in Oct on CBS they will air on Saturady afternoons, time slots are still being looked at.
    The cable will follow, 3 different channels with multiple showing.The cable show will run after the CBS show is run.

3. Collapse Details

Thanks , keep us posted.

4. Collapse Details

Competitor
    The media company is contacting all the cities that we race in and setting up Major press conferences to prom. the races before we get their. Booklets will be given out to all the local TV stations and tons of info. on all the teams.

This will all take time but do you really think Jim that a deal this big just came about yesterday. This has been workede on for almost 2 yrs and still new and different things happend everyday.

5. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    What class is going to be focused on? All off them? What is or going to be done to get more boats out racing. Just doesn't add up to me. 12 boats in 8 classes on TV? and everyone is happy with that? I don't get it There is an angle somewhere.

6. Collapse Details

Competitor
    None of this is a secert... packets have gone out to Major advertiser already,and some of the bigger race teams so they have it in hand already.
    That alot you u dont understand is that its not all about anyone sponsoring a boat its about selling advertising time on the show. Inturn that money becomes avalible to the boats.

7. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Funny how posts get deleted.....

Pete...why is this not good for our sport with the TV deal.....

This is so simple....racers from every Org come to K.W.

If you choise not to..so be it....

The question here should be...since your a OSS supporter....

Why did your Org not get this TV deal with more boats....if the boat count is what its all about....Were is your TV....

You as a fan....why are your post so negitive when it comes to other Orgs...

I don't want to mention other Orgs but since you keep on busting on other Orgs I will compare things to yours.....

Were is your boat count?
    Why dose your Org keep adding class's?
    Why is your boat count per class keep dropping?
    Were is your TV...
    So you see...for every negitive comment you can make about other orgs...there can be negitvive comments about yours...

We have all wish OSS the best when they added the Pro Am....none of us made any negitive comments...if you noticed...OPA andSBI racers continue to stay positive about our sport....We all said Ron is doing a good job...

Pete if you and guys like Randy want to better our sport...work on making your own Org better...and so will SBI/APBA and OPA...and that will make our sport better...not your negitivity....

In the last month...all we have heard is how other Orgs are stilling you racer site which ended up to be false...and complaining about how we are not joining up to unite....

You have heard nothing but positive comments from OPA and SBI/APBA on there race season...

SBI/APBA have some great new sites this year that will give great attention to our sport..
    OPA has a new SV class that will bring back the SV Class...
    There are so many great things thats happening with our sport when other sports are struggling...

But like always...its not possitive if its about other Orgs...
    Last edited by MANITIE; 04-27-2009 at 10:47 AM.

8. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    [/QUOTE]I guess time will tell, but most everyone that i talk to is excited and interested in racing on TV for their sponsors[QUOTE]

There is no question in my mind people would be intrested for the benefit of their sponsors. But again, I am asking not asking you about boat count, its done and in the books. the Miami race had 12 boats, almost 12 boats. How does one make this look great for television??? I only brought up Jupiter because of the fact GEICO has dumped a tremendous amount of money towards the sport is putting a event on, and will the racer's that they have supported over the last few years return the favor, and support thheir race?? I guess you can say it's a two way street, give a little , bend a little.

And in the end where will the sport be. The economy is tight, and will only get tighter,
    as major corporations, are laying off, or elminating jobs all together. The Boating industry seen to many as a luxury, is on life support. It is time to start thinking about what can be done to unite. dont think a TV program will save offshore , because as we have seen in the past, if boat X gets more air time than Boat Z, Boat z and its people get ****ed off. the want to start their own group.
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

9. Collapse Details

Gino,
    last year you acted as the OPA spokes man. Now your seem to be acting as a SBI spokesman too.

Can't you you have a conversion with out pointing fingers?

10. Collapse Details

Frank,
    Thanks for sharing the info. I look forward to more when it becomes available.

Gino, I am currently a member of SBI and OSS... Neither is My organization. Pete has an opinion and now OSS is his organization. Can you try to discuss some thing without say you ,you ,you?

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Gino,
    last year you acted as the OPA spokes man. Now your seem to be acting as a SBI spokesman too.

Can't you you have a conversion with out pointing fingers?

Jim I am nobody's spokesman....and its funny I did not know I was not allowed to bring up positive things about our sport...

I did not here you speak up when Randy a board member of OSS was pointing fingures of stealing race sites...

I did not see you say anything when Pete was questioning SBI/APBA on there TV deal....

I'm sorry I did not know ,I as a racers was not allowed to stick up to the 2 racing Orgs I race in....

This must be another one of your rules...

Once again...I forgot...some board members can point fingers but racers can't respond...

If I brought up things about OSS...you for one would be the first one to say what do I care...and stick up for your Org....but I see...I'm just a spokesman..not a racer....
    Last edited by MANITIE; 04-27-2009 at 11:06 AM.

12. Collapse Details

This question keeps getting avoided. What is being done to get more that 1 boat in a class? Where will the racing be? The only thing I noticed is Fountain was the only one informed about TV.

13. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Funny Gino,
    You still havent learned how to use spell check!

As like many forums this one is also open to whoever cares to write something!
    does this really matter to you that I comment???

I really dont care if it is OSS, SBI or OPA, NHRA or ABC for what it really matters, I am not even in the United States, and wont be for quite some time. I see your BS writings about basically nothing just to hear yourself talk, and not spell very good!
    As a adult do yourself a favor, learn to spell, or use spell check.

Tell me about the great things, Gino
    the boating industry is in great shape right!!
    keep your head buried in the sand, and listen to what your handlers tell you to say.

This thread was started on the premise of what does a TV show bring, first show 12 boats, 8 classes. nothing negative just facts! sorry you cant handle the facts.

As for OSS, their course is their course! People have shown intrest in racing open boats when close to thier area in the country, OSS made it possible. Good choice or bad, not sure?? doesnt effect SVL and certainly doesnt effect Supercat!

I see when a few others comment, you say nothing! why is that??? maybe they are entitled to a opinion, just the same as you.

So you just keep thinking all is great in your little world, it just may be! before you know it you will be on a box of Wheaties, with all your ego for the world to see! Maybe they will make a extra large box!!
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

14. Collapse Details

Gino,
    It was just a question. You are some defensive.

Randys post didn't name names initially. He didn't drag up the past. Say what you want.

Being respectful is the only rule.

Pete asked a legitimate question where there not 11 boats?

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B View Post
    Funny Gino,
    You still havent learned how to use spell check!

As like many forums this one is also open to whoever cares to write something!
    does this really matter to you that I comment???

I really dont care if it is OSS, SBI or OPA, NHRA or ABC for what it really matters, I am not even in the United States, and wont be for quite some time. I see your BS writings about basically nothing just to hear yourself talk, and not spell very good!
    As a adult do yourself a favor, learn to spell, or use spell check.

Tell me about the great things, Gino
    the boating industry is in great shape right!!
    keep your head buried in the sand, and listen to what your handlers tell you to say.

This thread was started on the premise of what does a TV show bring, first show 12 boats, 8 classes. nothing negative just facts! sorry you cant handle the facts.

As for OSS, their course is their course! People have shown intrest in racing open boats when close to thier area in the country, OSS made it possible. Good choice or bad, not sure?? doesnt effect SVL and certainly doesnt effect Supercat!

I see when a few others comment, you say nothing! why is that??? maybe they are entitled to a opinion, just the same as you.

So you just keep thinking all is great in your little world, it just may be! before you know it you will be on a box of Wheaties, with all your ego for the world to see! Maybe they will make a extra large box!!
    Pete...you are intidled to your opion...and comments...just like I am...
    and I see your question...but...asking what will a TV deal with 12 boats do any good for our sport....I'm reponding to it as EVERYTHING....and it is possitive...you don't own a race team and you do not race...so let me tell you alittle something...any TV exposure to a race team is a big plus...and its also big to our sport...and if you would invest 200k and own a team you would see that....so maybe instead of looking to the negtive on this TV deal....look to the possitive things it brings to the racers and owners...THATS MY POINT...

But don't sit there and tell me your post is not to knock SBI/APBA...you do this all the time...

You want me to tell you the great things in our sport...I will

OPA:
    Will have just as many boats if not more in 2009 in a bad economy.
    They have a new SV class that will have 8 boats in it there first year.
    OPA has secured all of last years race sites again for 2009.

SBI/APBA:
    Will have one of if not the biggest TV deals in our sport
    They have secured 2 new great race sites
    They have secured the Worlds in K.W. again...

OSS:
    Has added a open canopy class in the Pro AM...

So if you don't thing that a possitive thing for our sport then you should wake up...

And now you want to bring in the marine industy...were did I say anything about the marine industry...I said our sport...if you have not noticed...its not just the marine industry that has fallen off...it the whole economy...

And thats your comment to me...I can't spell...really..yeap now you'll tell me thats killing our sport to....
    Last edited by MANITIE; 04-27-2009 at 11:54 AM.

16. Collapse Details

Gino,
    It was just a question. You are some defensive.

Randys post didn't name names initially. He didn't drag up the past. Say what you want.

Being respectful is the only rule.

Pete asked a legitimate question where there not 11 boats?
    Jim Yes...Randy did get mad when I posted that SBI/APBA got the Clearwater race...so yes...even Smitty had to point out to him that his Org has been doing this....

Jim, I would think since you race in OSS and SBI/APBA this new TV deal would be great news for your team even with 12 boats...if you get your team on National TV and get any type of exposure that it would be great for your team and anyone else that gets exporsure......along with the Clearwater race...
    If you don't think National TV is good for you...well thats your opion...but if you want to get sponsors it will be huge...
    Last edited by MANITIE; 04-27-2009 at 11:56 AM.

17. Collapse Details

Ask again what will been done about the lack of racing. I could care less if I was on TV for 30 minutes if I am not racing anyone. Why do I care cause I don't race SBI, cause 12 boats in 8 classes makes offshore a joke for everyone.

18. Collapse Details

Gino, I agree the TV is good.

I hope it works out and it can continue to grow our sport.

The Randy thread is gone lets move forward.

19. Collapse Details

Please continue with the discussion boys, but also please respect each other personally, even if you disagree with someone's opinion. Thanks.

20. Collapse Details

Gino, I agree the TV is good.

I hope it works out and it can continue to grow our sport.

The Randy thread is gone lets move forward.
    Jim...I know the Randy tread is deleted...thats my point...take your jabs and then delete your posts..and say lets move on.....while fans ask why can't we unite...its becasue of ego's....

So if you think I'm not going to defend the 2 Orgs I support when someone wants to blame other Orgs for killing our sport...then sorry...I will speak up just like you would..we both want the same thing for our sport...so I think when something possitive comes up in ANY org...we should all support it...and be possitive...
    Last edited by MANITIE; 04-27-2009 at 12:16 PM.