Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by baywatch View Post
    It Looks like based upon the Spot you guys are staying in Town. If you are @ the Peace and Plenty look out because the "Doctor" serves the drinks up pretty stiff. "Glen" will take good care of you at the inside bar as well.

I spent quite a bit of time there a year ago trying to get a project going and as I got tired of eating Cow Tongue soup and fish stew for breakfast I realized that just because it isn't on the menu doesn't mean they won't make it for you. Sams will make you about anything you can come up with for breakfast and over on the other side of the lake @ the edgewater they have great mashed potatoes even if they aren't on the menu. When you go over to the Chat N Chill be sure to get fresh Conch Salad.

Man I am Jealous, wish I could be there to throw back a couple rum punches with ya.

Here is a pic of what your view looked like coming back up after going around the bottom of little exuma off of Tropic of Cancer Beach (The wind wasn't blowing much the day I took this pic).
    We stayed at a new place called the Beach Inn just north of town. The owners treated us like rock stars and just could not do enough for us. Very nice place. I would give it 4 1/2 stars which is rare around here. Just lacking some of the facilities a larger resort would have but love the friendliness.

The Tropic of Cancer Beach you picture is one of the top 10 beaches in the world. It was getting late in the day so we did not stop but will make the time as we eventually head down to the T & C.

Yesterday ( (Monday, I think ) we went over to Chat and Chill to check it out and did a bit of local boating in the protected waters. Hans bumped into a guy he knew when he was in the music industry in NYC. Small world for sure. I will leave it to him to tell about that.

Bob

Beach Inn pictured below. Only 16 units but very nice. Owners are Jeff and Tina.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 265 [1024x768].jpg   Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 260 [1024x768].jpg   Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 264 [1024x768].jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 04-21-2009 at 11:58 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Registered
    it's always nice to have some reviews and infos on your trip! I always follow these threads religiously. nice to hear you still seem to have a good time cruising down there despite the winds (how coul you have a bad time down there... its raining and cold up north)
    Hope youll be able to finish the trip as planned!

3. Collapse Details

Registered
    p.s. be careful on the roads!!! we dont need other Gino style stories with cars crashing and people flying and whatever else

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder View Post
    He, he. Thanks, Mark. Glad I do not drink as I would miss way too much. Not everyone would agree with me on that but that's OK.
    Oh man.. So you mean to tell me you weren't drunk in KW last year? I'm sure I was more than a sight to see then and reinforced your opinion why NOT to drink.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    p.s. be careful on the roads!!! we dont need other Gino style stories with cars crashing and people flying and whatever else
    Ditto that!! One time when I was in Exuma a guy that we knew fell and broke his leg and had to get some x-rays. Come to find out the best X-ray machine on the island is @ the Veterinarian's office.

With you your history of getting injured you need to be extra careful when traveling those out islands or your apt to end up at the vet LOL...

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    Oh man.. So you mean to tell me you weren't drunk in KW last year? I'm sure I was more than a sight to see then and reinforced your opinion why NOT to drink.

Exactly, Mark. You were quite funny tho and I enjoyed spending an hour with you at Hogg's Breath. Someday I will tell you what you shared with me. LOL
    Bob

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    Honest...... it wasn't my fault. He came out of no where ! LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 244 [1024x768].jpg  

8. Collapse Details

Approaching Allen Cay

Randy greeting the first iguanas out of the bushes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 084 [1600x1200].jpg   Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 088 [1600x1200].jpg   Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 093 [1600x1200].jpg  

9. Collapse Details

Randy & Pauli feeding the iguanas chips and bread. We saved the cheese and crackers for our lunch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 099 [1600x1200].jpg   Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 094 [1600x1200].jpg   Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 109 [1600x1200].jpg  

10. Collapse Details

Coupla boat pics and Randy with the conch he found.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 108 [1600x1200].jpg   Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 122 [1600x1200].jpg   Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 111 [1600x1200].jpg  

11. Collapse Details

Marc, Hans & Sean

Bob & Marc

Looking south from Allen Cay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 169 [1600x1200].jpg   Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 174 [1600x1200].jpg   Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 181 [1600x1200].jpg  

12. Collapse Details

A few of my favorites from Highborne Cay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 141 [1600x1200].jpg   Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 146 [1600x1200].jpg   Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 157 [1600x1200].jpg  

13. Collapse Details

Our visit to the Chat n Chill Bar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 223 [1600x1200].jpg   Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 219 [1600x1200].jpg   Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 225 [1600x1200].jpg  

14. Collapse Details

The Four Seasons on Great Exuma, absolutely beautiful. Lacking one thing only.... people.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 231 [1600x1200].jpg   Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 234 [1600x1200].jpg   Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos April 2009 233 [1600x1200].jpg  

15. Collapse Details

I arrived back on Marco Island this evening and will fly to Toronto Wednesday afternoon. I will watch the weather from there and will hop on a plane and return to Great Exuma just as soon as I see a 2 or 3 day window to get Team PREDATOR down to the Turks & Caicos. To be continued .....
    Bob

16. Collapse Details

Bob again great meeting you and seeing your nice rig. Hope the rest of the trip goes well.

We started heading back yesterday, and will stay in Bimini for another day or two, we are staying at Bimini Bay which is being built into a nice place but as the Four Seasons you talk about up there it is deserted which prompted my wife to say 'there is just enough people for me, after 5 days at Atlantis"!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 04212009tracking.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

Registered
    Wow! What an awesome experience.....I had a blast!
    Always a great adventure with Bob

Awesome to meet GLH and his family on Paradise Island in the "Mut"!!!!!

Allan Cay was crazy...."The land that time forgot" Just glad those Iguanas liked grapes better than toes.....

When I asked the lady at the ships store on Highbourne Cay about marinas in Georgetown, she looked at me with this glazed look and said she'd never been there...Wow!

Sweet yachts all over the place but "Predator" still got the most looks

Walked into the Chat'n Chill and ran right into Tony Brummel, the owner of Chicago based Victory Records! Not sure how Punk Rock that is....but it reminds me that it's a really really really small world! Had a few good laughs though......

Ridiculously good time had by all!
    Thanks Bob....Just makes me think that had you been around when they still thought the earth was flat, Columbus would not be in the history books, Barnhart would be......

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rockstrmkr View Post
    Awesome to meet GLH and his family on Paradise Island in the "Mut"!!!!!
    Nice to meet you also glad you had a great trip.
    http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=67&dateline=1262460498

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder View Post
    I arrived back on Marco Island this evening and will fly to Toronto Wednesday afternoon. I will watch the weather from there and will hop on a plane and return to Great Exuma just as soon as I see a 2 or 3 day window to get Team PREDATOR down to the Turks & Caicos. To be continued .....
    Bob
    Awesome adventure Dude! Thanx 4 sharing!!!!!

20. Collapse Details
    Weather Router
    I just hired a firm called Weather Routing, Inc. They employ professional meterologists and will watch for a weather window for me and will plot my route. I will get regular updates sent to my Blackberry and will get several days notice to get down to Great Exuma to continue to T&C. Now that's cool and takes some stress away from me.
    Bob