1. Collapse Details
    Anyone tried a 1" shorty on a 260
    I was wondering if anyone has tried a 1" shorty on a 260? Did you pick up any speed? Any blow out problems or handling issues?

2. Collapse Details

I shorten up my drive on my 22 Velocity and made a huge difference in handleing and speed

3. Collapse Details

I have a scarab 22 that they are putting a 1 inch shorty on it, will i have to go a four blade and what speed did you pick and did you have to change blades i run a 27 mirage plus (labbed) thanks

4. Collapse Details

I like the 4 blades over the 3 blades it makes it a smoother ride. I picked up 3mph going one inch higher and handling. I final ended up being 4 inches shorter then stock. My prop shaft center line to the bottom of the pad is only 1/2 inch now. The higher you go the faster you go but then you get into trade offs.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Kid View Post
    I like the 4 blades over the 3 blades it makes it a smoother ride. I picked up 3mph going one inch higher and handling. I final ended up being 4 inches shorter then stock. My prop shaft center line to the bottom of the pad is only 1/2 inch now. The higher you go the faster you go but then you get into trade offs.
    I also run a 4 blade . I think they are better in rough water and handle better. I like the 3mph gain with the 1 inch shorty. I will have to keep an eye out for a good deal on one. I have heard the shortys have good results on the Velocity's. Thanks for the real life info.
    Steve

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Revd Up View Post
    I like the 3mph gain with the 1 inch shorty. I will have to keep an eye out for a good deal on one. I have heard the shortys have good results on the Velocity's. Thanks for the real life info.
    Steve
    Comparing apples to oranges here.......... shortened alpha drives compared to Imco/Sportmaster drives.......

Check with the factory and see if Kenny or Steve can give you some input as well!!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DKerns View Post
    Comparing apples to oranges here.......... shortened alpha drives compared to Imco/Sportmaster drives.......

Check with the factory and see if Kenny or Steve can give you some input as well!!
    Your correct because the shorten Alpha drives are alot faster then any Bravo that you can bolt a Imco shorten foot on to and there alot less weight. My drive complete with foot and oil only weighs 72lbs compared to 150+lbs. Also the Alpha takes way less HP to drive it. Another advantage is the Alpha is more hydro dynamic threw the water.

8. Collapse Details

Supposed to p/u an Alpha SS shorty upper tomorrow night. No boat to put it on right now but....