Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Dates for Desert Storm 09 or set....Going to be a HUGE event!
    I know it's early, but never too early to start planning!

April 23rd through the 26th will be the dates for the 2009 Desert Storm Poker Run.

Arguably the biggest and best poker run in the nation with well over 200 applicants each year participating in four days of festivities including the block party, shoot-out, powerboat races and poker run, this years event will prove to be bigger and better than ever!

With participants representing many boating manufacturers and after market performance boating product companies, as well as entrants from across the nation including New York, Florida, Tennessee, Texas, Illinois, Washington, California, Arizona and many other states, this is once=2 0again a “must attend” event!

With this years event, as in years past, the promoters, organizers and sponsors will continue to value helping charities supporting our troops and local community youth charities Last years event successfully raised over $17,000.00 for local charities including Soldiers Angels, Havasu for Youth and the Patrick Tinnell Memorial Park.

Tentative schedule:

Thursday April 23rd 2009

The event will kick off with what many say to be the biggest block party of it’s kind. Several city blocks down town will be closed to traffic as numerous poker run contestants and sponsors move in to display their goods. This is the opportunity for all to get an up close and personal look at poker run boats including manufacturer’s newest products. While perusing the seemingly endless sea of eye candy, choose from one of the several venders on hand providing food, drinks and all the aftermarket goodies needed to insure your boat and crew are in top form.

Friday April 24th 2009

Beginning with a parade lap through the infamous Lake Havasu Channel and under the Famous London Bridge the 2009 Desert Storm Poker Run kicks off. Participants will then proceed to several pre-determined card stops collecting their poker run cards. At the south end of the lake, spectator boats line both sides of the lake at a safe distance, capturing their chance to see the poker run participants in action.

Host hotel The Nautical Inn will provide the location for the Friday night card turn-in party. . After which participants will be able to lounge at the Naked Turtle bar, located directly on Thompson Bay overlooking many of the docked and anchored participant boats.

Saturday April 25th 2009

With a course cleared and set, the 2009 Desert Storm Shoot-out will take place. Participants will be able to gain accurate reading of top speeds during this radar run while competing for “top gun” and bragging rights of fastest boat in the west.

Saturday night, participants of the poker run and the shootout will gather at the local convention hall, the Aquatic Center, to participate in the “All winners and awards banquet”. After the awards banquet participants can again venture back to the Nautical Inn and the Naked Turtle bar to drink their favorite cocktail and swap lies.

Sunday April 26th 2009

POPRA will be holding offshore races. Wet and dry pits will be accessible to spectators to view the numerous race boats on hand. More racing information to follow.

Host hotel The Nautical Inn is already filling up rapidly and will sure to sell out before the end of the year. Be sure to sign up for the west coast season opener and attend this four day extravaganza!

For more information please visit http://www.lakeracerllc.com/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S&H2.jpg   DS02.jpg   havi.jpg  

Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run extravaganza - 04/22 through 4/25 Lake Havasu, Az.

2. Collapse Details

Already booked

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gatorone View Post
    Already booked
    me 2
    Precision Marine Performance Engines

4. Collapse Details

I'll just post various pics from time to time to keep people pumped

On the road & on the start!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails havi19.jpg   havi18.jpg   havi17.jpg  

Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

5. Collapse Details

im there!!!
    www.41apache.com

6. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    holy chit! '09 already?!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dollabill View Post
    holy chit! '09 already?!
    indeed...may be time for you to maje another guest appearance!

8. Collapse Details

I really want to come this year I have never been.... I"m going to have to look into this when I get back from Key West.

Pat

9. Collapse Details

Hmmmmmm, if fuel stays somewhere close to where it is, I think there will be a few of us from Texas headed that way.

10. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Just reserved our accomodations today...

11. Collapse Details

Registered
    I will be there hopefully with the new to me ride...

12. Collapse Details

Looking fwd. to Desert Storm '09!!!!!!!! I went the last 2 years and I don't think I want to ever miss another. Good show.

13. Collapse Details

Reserved my room at the London Bridge (with a boat slip) yesterday!

14. Collapse Details

Tank, thanks for being proactive about pumping everyone up. Looks like Al already booked the rooms. I'm there even if I can't find a new boat!!!

15. Collapse Details

When is their site going to start taking PR reservations? Everything on there is for '08.

16. Collapse Details

3 years in a row this "is" the best period cant wait

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Baja Fresh View Post
    When is their site going to start taking PR reservations? Everything on there is for '08.
    They're still getting things together (pulling permits, orgainizing the details etc). Once everything is good to go they'll start taking PR reservations.

There is going to be some tweaks to the above listed schedule. It looks like the Coast Guard isn't going to let the races happen the same weekend as the PR like last year. If you were there you may understand their concern. 1000's of spectator boats makes the CG nervous. But they're still hammering out details and it may just turn into the Desert Storm Boating extravagana week! We'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyMoses
    Tank, thanks for being proactive about pumping everyone up. Looks like Al already booked the rooms. I'm there even if I can't find a new boat!!!
    With or with out a boat, it's a must attend event as you know. I'm sure someone can find room for you. As of right now I actually might miss it for the first time in over 10 years! Baby's due in Feb. We'll see what happens.

(gotta add pics with my post!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1753Sandbar.jpg   havi21.jpg   Tom & Neil.jpg  

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    As of right now I actually might miss it for the first time in over 10 years! Baby's due in Feb. We'll see what happens.

(gotta add pics with my post!)

I was wondering about that. How's Kelly doing?

Still trying to make it up there. Getting a house in Corona with a huge backyard so I can keep the boat at the house. Should be in by the end of the month then I'll have some time to visit.

Pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 159-5982_IMG.jpg   159-5983_IMG.jpg   159-5993_IMG.JPG  

19. Collapse Details

It's official, I won't be going again this year. I luv when family plans things and doesn't have any consideration to ask about dates if they are unavailable.

20. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    If you only do one event, this is the one.

It is so far over the top

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00025 Nautical Inn.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	14220
    Last edited by MOBILEMERCMAN; 01-15-2009 at 02:41 PM.