Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Maybe pay down 5 spots.
    MD

2. Collapse Details

Get the 750/850 together first. There are 10 750/850 boats that ran last year.

If SCL grows, leave it. If it dwindles, then let them in 750/850.

I don't think power/weight is the solution with cats.

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jem motorsports View Post
    im just trying to open up the discussion to the racers and get input, the large purse would not be by someone it would be by three class purses combined.
    Discussion is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean H View Post
    Get the 750/850 together first. There are 10 750/850 boats that ran last year.

If SCL grows, leave it. If it dwindles, then let them in 750/850.

I don't think power/weight is the solution with cats.
    Agreed.

I don't think power and weight works in V's either. There needs to be some efficiency factor.

4. Collapse Details

Amsoil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oss biloxi 2009 783.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 784.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 785.jpg  

5. Collapse Details
    Charter Member
    Thumbs up
    As a fan,I totally agree with making ONE featured cat class.I would really like to see ONE featured vee class as well.It really depends on where OSS as an organization has it's priorities.

If the focus is on improving the racing product for the fans,which will utimately attract media interest and sponsor support;then this is a no brainer.If the focus is on keeping all of the racers and equipment owners happy,then it will never happen.No offense,but classes with five or fewer boats are not that exciting to watch.And two boats,no how matter how fast they are going ,does not make for good racing.
    Remember NASCAR has consistenlty implemented rules to slow cars down,decrease cost, create parity,and attact more teams to it's Sprint Cup Series. The goal is more side by side competitive racing.This is what the fans want to see.There is no need for Unlimited or Extreme classes...too expensive,not enough boats,and it takes the focus away from classes where the the real competitive racing is going on.

I think the ultimate goal would be one cat class with 20 or more boats!Remember the old Super Cat class merged super,open and modified;and it was up to 17 boats!There was great racing throughout the pack.It was very exciting to watch and created great television footage as well.I certainly understand why some may not support a trend to one cat class;particularly if they would have to make changes to thier boats to be competitive.But it does seem like the boats are not that far off;so this is something that should be seriously considered.

Everyone always talks about taking the sport to the next level.This would be a giant step towards achieving that goal.
    Last edited by 1waterboy1; 04-07-2009 at 07:58 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    Charter Member
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by jem motorsports View Post
    in 2003 supercat i was so proud to finish 5th out of twelve in Marathon than 2nd out of 4 in ft lauderdale when boat count was down, im sure most true racers feel the same.
    Jay,
    I was at the Marathon races in 2002 and 2003;WHM and Drambuie had a two boat battle out front...but third through sixth was awesome side by side racing with alot of position changes..the fans were really into it.I remember saying that was most competitive and exciting cat class racing in the history of the sport.Super Cat in its prime far exceeded anything that had ever been seen before in the old Open or Superboat class days...even during the heyday of OPT.If you guys can get back to racing like that;I am sure you would see alot more interest in offshore racing again.I sure hope it happens.
    Last edited by 1waterboy1; 04-05-2009 at 03:00 AM.

7. Collapse Details

As a fan and photog I want to see whatever brings more boats to the race. I also want to see more boats on the course at any given time. I like the idea of combining the 750 & 850 classes, I'm not sure about adding the Cat Light boats in that class. I would however, like to see them out on the course at the same time.

8. Collapse Details

Here you are Jim, it took a while to find them. I hope they are of some use to you and Ryan. By the way, nice discussion guys on how to improve the sport.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oss biloxi 2009 073.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 074.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 075.jpg  

9. Collapse Details

3 more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oss biloxi 2009 173.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 184.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 185.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

Ron,
    There are a few of yours I posted on my sites, I can make good use of a couple of these too.

Thanks again.

11. Collapse Details

A few more of Biloxi. Would ya'll like me to keep posting or stop?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oss biloxi 2009 539.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 544.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 613.jpg  

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Ron,
    There are a few of yours I posted on my sites, I can make good use of a couple of these too.

Thanks again.
    I'm glad I could help. I'll look you and Ryan up at the next race we are able to attend. Good luck to both of you in the coming season!

13. Collapse Details

Thanks and keep posting

14. Collapse Details

Found a few more, not the best quality though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oss biloxi 2009 822.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 606.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 607.jpg  

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by purrfection View Post
    A few more of Biloxi. Would ya'll like me to keep posting or stop?
    only if you put up some Fury pics!

16. Collapse Details

A few more, trying to cover all classes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oss biloxi 2009 961.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 477.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 492.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

The first 2 are local guys, Shannon in P class and Stan in SCL.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oss biloxi 2009 525.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 534.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 468.jpg  

18. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    Maybe pay down 5 spots.
    MD
    Or just pay first place only. 8 boats in one class would pay est $20,000 to just first place. I can't see supercat cat/850 guys needing to race for 3rd or 5th place money.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean H View Post
    only if you put up some Fury pics!
    No problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oss biloxi 2009 899.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 900.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 942.jpg  

20. Collapse Details

Last ones for today, wife says I have some work to do. I hope everyone enjoys what I'm posting. I'm no professional by any means.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oss biloxi 2009 824.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 825.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 826.jpg