Info Thread / Roll Call for Sat. April 4 / 09 Fun Run to Hamilton Harbor, Naples and beach party / raft up at Keewaydin Island.

Welcome to our 2009, spring season finale Fun Run. We will assemble at the south side of the Sanibel Bridge departing for Naples at 11:00 AM. We have an exciting new destination, the Yacht Club at Hamilton Harbor, Naples. The Yacht Club at HH is private, however FMO, Inc. secretary, Tom Cullen has made the necessary arrangements for our group. Thank you again, Tom.

If you are able to join us, please post on SO on this thread or e mail me at bobthebuilder(at)rogers.blackberry.net. Also since we are now formally a Club, and this is a sanctioned club event we ask that you complete your membership application by going to www.ftmyersoffshore.org and download the membership form if you have not already done so. You may either mail it in or submit at our lunch at Hamilton Harbor.
If your boat is down for service or repair and you feel like driving to Hamilton Harbor and joining us for lunch, Club members are most welcome to do so. Remember a social membership is only $35.00 and boaters membership is $60 and covers the family. It is always very social and a good time. Please let me know as the Yacht Club at HH is asking for a head count.

Route: From the Sanibel Bridge we will run straight shot south for Naples and into Gordon Pass. Hamilton Harbor is just a 5 minute idle to the Y where the intracoastal waterway intersects. While we will spread out on the Gulf, we will need to run single file into Gordon Pass.
Note to Marco and Naples boats. You are welcome to join me for the run up to the Sanibel Bridge to meet the main group of boats. I will leave Marco at 10 am and pass by Gordon Pass at 10:10 AM on the way north.

Lunch:Tom is currently working with Hamilton Harbor on putting together a suitable menu. I was there recently with the Florida Powerboat Club and we had a great lunch at quite a reasonable price. We will provide lunch details soon. Payment will be by credit card only, directly to HH.

50 / 50 draw: At lunch we will again be selling raffle tickets. 100% of the proceeds will go into the FMO scholarship fund. Please note that we will soon be awarding 3 , $1,500.00 scholarships to worthy students and will be providing more details on that once the successful applicants have been chosen. Thank you to FMO board member John Wilkinson for all his hard work as chairman of the scholarship committee. Please support your Club, and the good work we are trying to do.

After Lunch: While the officially sanctioned run ends at Hamilton Harbor, a number of boats are planning on going over to the beach at Keewaydin Island after lunch. All are welcome. Since it gets crowded on weekends at Keewaydin we plan on dropping a few anchors just off the beach and boats are welcome to join us in a raft up. We will have a couple of dingys there to shuttle people between the beach and the boats. The water is warming up nicely and should make for a great afternoon at the beach!!

Fuel / Distance: From the Sanibel Bridge to Gordon Pass it is about 30 miles each way and then just a mile or so to HH. If going down to Keewaydin Island is in your plans, it is about 8 miles south of HH. Hamilton Harbor does have 93 octane fuel available.

Communications: Inter boat communication to be on VHF channel 72. Also My cell is 239-776-0481. Anyone dropping out after the start should let me know so we do not spend time waiting or looking for you. Leave a voice mail if no answer.

Pictures: Jay (SO / FMO Jayboat) will be aboard Team PREDATOR, so make sure you come alongside for some great running shots of your boat as we head south to Naples. They will be posted on the forum after the run.

Tide Info:

Cape Coral ( Bridge): LT: 7:35 AM; HT: 2:33 PM; LT: 6:43 PM
Sanibel Bridge: LT: 4:11 AM; HT:12:14 PM; LT: 3:13 PM
Naples Bay (GULF) : LT: 2:58 AM; HT: 10:24 AM; LT: 3:15 PM
Marco Island: LT: 3:57 AM; HT: 11:20 AM; LT: 4:14 PM
Please note the morning low tide in Cape Coral for those with lifts

Waypoints:

Sanibel Bridge: N 26 29 00; W 82 00 88
Naples (Gordon Pass): N 26 05 50; W 81 48 67

Weather / Sea Conditions: To be posted 5 days prior to the event and updated daily. Referencing:

NOAA Weather: http://forecast.weather.gov/shmrn.ph...656&syn=gmz606

The Weather Channel: http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...opnav_vacation

Safety: Each boat Captain is required to operate his / her vessel in a safe manner and is responsible for the safety of the crew and their safety. Familiarize yourself with BSAFE ( Boating Safety Association for Events ). Visit www.boatingsafe.org

Contact info: Bob cell: 239-776-0481. E mail: bobthebuilder(at)rogers.blackberry.net or bobbarnhart1(at)gmail.com
--