1. Collapse Details
    MER Performance Marine
    I would like to give a positive plug to MER Performance Marine (Mark Rinda) of Little River, SC. Mark built me a pair of 565 cubic inch carbureted motors, that are making right at 700 horsepower each in a very user friendly package for my Fountain and he did it in an honest, professional and business like manner, a quality I have found hard to find in my short tenure of performance boating. Mark has top notch equipment and is a perfectionist to a fault in his work and I would highly reccomend him to anyone who wants their performance marine application built properly. Not only is he a machinist and an engine builder, but while my boat was with him, he also repaired any and everything that wasn't the way it should have been, and made sure that once he turned it over to me, I could brag on his work rather than complain about it as has been the case with so many other would be performance marine shops. Mark Rinda can be reached at 843-399-8785.

2. Collapse Details

Why didn't you go EFI?

3. Collapse Details

HH, thanks for posting some GOOD news. Too often its only the BAD that gets said.

Cat, why do you need to always drag negative into every post?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Airpacker View Post
    HH, thanks for posting some GOOD news. Too often its only the BAD that gets said.

x2 it is always refreshing to hear about a good trnasaction, and it is definitely good to know there is another reliable shop with good service.

5. Collapse Details

Mark is a super individual with excellent skill and dedication. I purchased a boat from Mark and thats how we met about 5 years ago. He has a spotless shop and builds custom engines per his customers desire. Glad to hear you are pleased with your engines and took the time to post about Mark. Hes a real good builder and person.

Kirk
    Elitemarine@sbcglobal.net
    www.elitemarineonline.com - Livorsi,CP,Lifeline,CMI,Box Anchor & more!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by catmando View Post
    Why didn't you go EFI?
    It was a carbureted boat to start with and Mark can tune carburetors to both perform and have manners at the same time. If I would have went with efi, then I would have needed additional electronics to support it, and I had already been screwed out of $17,000 by the first shop I went to before being introduced to Mark Rinda, so you can see when I had a good outcome with Mark, I wanted to let others know and I'm tickled there are other members here that know of him and feel the same.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Airpacker View Post

Cat, why do you need to always drag negative into every post?
    I just asked a question. Why do you think I was being negative?? Heavy didn't think I was being negative...he answered my question.

8. Collapse Details

Herd good things

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by whataworld51 View Post
    Herd good things
    Now can confirm. Excellent work at a fair price done quickly.

Thank You.

Sonny

10. Collapse Details

Again, I want to give kudos to Mark Rinda. He built my engines and told me what to expect from them. Hadn't had much time to experiment until this season, but now that I have been able to run the boat some and try a few props, his package has far exceeded my expectations in terms of the mph the boat has ran with his setup. Anyone who is looking for a straight shooter to build their marine power should consider Mark. I continue to read about the people that are getting the shaft and spending lots of money and even more time waiting on their engines. I didn't have that problem with Mark. He did what he said he would do, when he said he would do it, and at a price that you would expect to pay for the highest quality parts and workmanship. Thanks Mark.

11. Collapse Details

Its good to hear about some one doing good and honest work! My previous boat needed a new motor so I took my old 454 to a shop, and after three years of begging and proding, I bought a new boat. Not only loosing time I also lost about $9000., and ended up with only an incomplete short block. When you find good people you need to brag on them, for they seem to be far and few.

12. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Marine View Post
    Mark is a super individual with excellent skill and dedication. Hes a real good builder and person.

Kirk
    sorry to quote u ..but oh well I HAVE TO
    Mark is a great guy and knows his stuff !!