1. Collapse Details
    45' RIB/Center Console/Tender
    From Technorib, designed by Mannerfelt (of Batboat fame). 45 feet long, runs 55 mph on twin D6 370 Volvo Penta stern drives. A break from your "usual" center console. Here's the blurb:

"Red Dot is the most well-reputed international design award. This year over 3,200 products from 49 countries entered. In the category Transportation the PIRELLI PZERO 1400 rib boat won the Red Dot award and was honoured with the Red Dot: Best of the best. It is the first time that a leisure boat has won the Red Dot: Best of the best in the category Transportation.
    Pirelli goes back to its roots from the 50īs with a "rubber-boat", the PIRELLI PZERO 1400 designed by swedish Mannerfelt Design Team. The highly modern design comes from 33 year old swede Ted Mannerfelt who has experience both from speedboats as well as leaders in sports car industry.
    The boat was designed with inspiration of Pirelli racing history. It's a 45 foot rib boat with the best performance in class, capable of 100 MPH. The cockpit reaches a new level in boat design with a clean modern design.
    The centre console is inspired by sleek sports cars. In front of the driver the dashboard is an innovative popup navigation screen with sliding hatches on each side. The hull is extremely light and high tech that gives low resistant to minimize fuel consumption, still giving best possible comfort even at rough sea.
    Ted Mannerfelt says: "It has been a challenge to design something new and unique to a traditional market. I tried to make the deck layout very social but still practical. The drivers console stands out with drivers view as clean and practical as possible to enable focus on the driving".
    "It has fulfilled everything we asked for," says Tecnoribs General Manager Gianni de Bonis. "It is the most fantastic boat I have ever driven, very fast but still nice, comfortable and safe to ride. With a wonderful modern design, it makes it a beautiful star in any harbour."
    "We are happy to receive this important award that rewards our qualified and competent PZero staff, all very dedicated to the project with great passion" says Antonio Gallo, head of Pirelli PZero Project. Research, innovation and knowledge of manufacturing Italian brands are the main features of PZero Industrial Design Project. "We are proud to receive this important award that has already rewarded prestigious Italian brands such as Lamborghini and Ferrari".
    In the 1950`s PIRELLI "rubberized" the European sea to travel anywhere, freely and safely as they did for the roads. The early Laros range launched 1955 immediately became an icon for small rubber-boats. Now fifty years later the PIRELLI boats are back with a range of new rib boats caracterized by the elegance and the exclusiveness of the PZERO Logo, recognisable anywhere.
    Based in Sweden the Mannerfelt Design Team has designed professional boats for more than 30 years. Mannerfelt's designs are internationally renowned as being both fast and innovative, winning fourteen world championships.
    Mannerfelt Design Team is one of the world leading designers in fast pleasure boats. Designs are made full out on 3D computers to a state of the art in design, with advanced hydro and aerodynamics simulations already at the design stage. Before joining his father Ocke Mannerfelt, 33 year old Ted Mannerfelt spent 10 years as a designer in the car industry.
    The PIRELLI PZERO boats are manufactured and sold under licence by the italian company Tecnorib srl, who is an experienced wharf specialized in exclusive rib boats."

I think it looks pretty slick.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pirelli_PZERO_1400_(2)[1] (Large).jpg   Pirelli_PZERO_1400_(4)[1] (Large).JPG   Pirelli_PZERO_1400_(5)[1] (Large).jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Key word here being Volvo!!! how are ya my friend, when ya coming back to the Lake Erie Islands? Looks like a Offshore race is in the works for labor day weekend if it works for you !!

RHC

3. Collapse Details

Pretty cool for a big ass RIB

4. Collapse Details

"Capable of 100mph". With what power package??

5. Collapse Details

i'd own one in a NY minute, wow!
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by old377guy View Post
    i'd own one in a NY minute, wow!
    That thing is cool.
    I THINK, THEREFORE I DRINK!

7. Collapse Details

Ilmor packages available. Hmmm... Twin 725's, anyone?

Console shot:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pirelli_PZERO_1400_(1)[1] (Large).JPG  

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by RHC View Post
    Key word here being Volvo!!! how are ya my friend, when ya coming back to the Lake Erie Islands? Looks like a Offshore race is in the works for labor day weekend if it works for you !! RHC
    Ahh - The Mayor of Sandusky! The '05 trip was a family reunion. '07 was on Lake Michigan, and this year's will be in the Baltimore/Annapolis area June 28-July 5. Time for you to drag that Fountain over here! Labor Day is Hydro races directly in front of our marina. (Cheap weekend!)

9. Collapse Details

yep that would be me ,, cheap cheap cheap , however I will also answer to reliable and steady ,, good to see you on the boards , hope all is well and look forward to the next time, later

RHC

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by RHC View Post
    yep that would be me ,, cheap cheap cheap , however I will also answer to reliable and steady ,, good to see you on the boards , hope all is well and look forward to the next time, later

RHC
    And then you will have to put up with the Bay thing....and you know how you complain about that!!!

11. Collapse Details

very cool ! are they going to be selling them here in the states?

12. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    RIB's are addictive. I recently purchased a SACS 680 and am surprised how much I am using it! They ride great.
    Steve

13. Collapse Details

That thing is cool!