Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Sinbads (by the airport - the old September's) has been closed for years.

Mickey Ratt's, Capt. Kidd's, and the Sunset Bay Beach Club are all still open. Crawdaddy's at Erie Basin Marina was torn down and rebuilt - they want nothing to do with boaters. I didn't make a lake run this past season... only burned fuel in the river the few chances I got to go out... and didn't even make trip up to the 1000 Islands.

When did you live around here?

- Pat

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MattBMiller View Post
    What bar?
    90% Sure he owns the bar below.

I have heard a lot of good about the place, just haven't had the chance to stop yet.

Opa Food & Spirits

600 S Lapeer Rd
    Lake Orion, MI 48362

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Switzer It View Post
    Sinbads (by the airport - the old September's) has been closed for years.

Mickey Ratt's, Capt. Kidd's, and the Sunset Bay Beach Club are all still open. Crawdaddy's at Erie Basin Marina was torn down and rebuilt - they want nothing to do with boaters. I didn't make a lake run this past season... only burned fuel in the river the few chances I got to go out... and didn't even make trip up to the 1000 Islands.

When did you live around here?

- Pat
    Pat,

Thanks.

I'd heard that about Crawdaddy's. Stupid. I went to NU from '88 - '92 and then lived in South Buffalo until '94.

My best bud lives in Williamsville. He ran a 272 Formula for a couple of years, but had to get uot for a bit last year so he could pay some lawyers...

Later,

Sean

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

4. Collapse Details

Waterford Mi., Lk. St. Clair and Lk. Erie
    Quote Originally Posted by C M R View Post
    90% Sure he owns the bar below.

I have heard a lot of good about the place, just haven't had the chance to stop yet.

Opa Food & Spirits

600 S Lapeer Rd
    Lake Orion, MI 48362
    That's the place. Bill and his wife are super nice people. We've had a few parties at his bar and done a little boating with them. He recently put a new pair of HP 500's in his 28 Pantera race boat. Turn key 80 mph and turns heads everywhere.
    Big boats rule!

5. Collapse Details

I owned the original LittleFish.....Its now painted white and in the opening thread....This boat only raced a few times but was never built as a race boat. The original owner used it to blast around Miami until his lifestyle caught up with him....It was then sold to a wealthy owner in Kentucky and then went to CHicago....rarely used.....spent most of its life on a trailer. It then went back to Florida to another owner and was raced in Key West and ran pretty strong next to The Muscle Powerplay until a partial stuff that swamped the motors. Jo at Pantera was throttling it i think. It was then repo"d and bought by a guy who flipped boats for a living. I purchased it from him and owned it for about 10 years. I only ran it a few times and then began a resto/re-rig but other projects took a front seat so I sold it to another guy who resold it on ebay to the current owner who has since redone it to its current condition. This was never really a raceboat, but a raceboat used for pleasure......This is the complete story on Littlefish......and yes i regret selling her Jake1250

6. Collapse Details

jake, got any pics of littlefish?

7. Collapse Details

I may have a few....I will have to dig them up.....

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Jake1250 View Post
    I owned the original LittleFish.....Its now painted white and in the opening thread....This boat only raced a few times but was never built as a race boat. The original owner used it to blast around Miami until his lifestyle caught up with him....It was then sold to a wealthy owner in Kentucky and then went to CHicago....rarely used.....spent most of its life on a trailer. It then went back to Florida to another owner and was raced in Key West and ran pretty strong next to The Muscle Powerplay until a partial stuff that swamped the motors. Jo at Pantera was throttling it i think. It was then repo"d and bought by a guy who flipped boats for a living. I purchased it from him and owned it for about 10 years. I only ran it a few times and then began a resto/re-rig but other projects took a front seat so I sold it to another guy who resold it on ebay to the current owner who has since redone it to its current condition. This was never really a raceboat, but a raceboat used for pleasure......This is the complete story on Littlefish......and yes i regret selling her Jake1250

Jake thanks for the story! Very cool to get a more detailed history on one of these old girls. Hopefully we'll be welcoming you back into the Family very soon!

A couple of quick questions. You mentioned that it wasn't a true race boat. Wass it a light lay up but not raced or a heavier pleasure layup? Also, was it still black when you owned it?

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

9. Collapse Details

Your very welcome...There was nothing light about Littlefish, however its not a heavy resin bucket either. When i bought it, it was still black and had gold trim everywhere....Gold rubrails, dash, hinges, fuel fills, light housings and the triple pantera stripe in three shades of gold....I stripped the boat down after a while and primed the boat to piant.....I regreted it as soon as I shot the primer......The black was Badass!!!!!

10. Collapse Details

The boat in question was "Little Fish". I bought it from a guy in Deale, MD with the purchase of a triple 33 Powerplay. I sold off the pantera(stripped) with the tandem target trailer to the guy who has it now. He did a great job restoring her.

11. Collapse Details

i bet you stripped it clean...the word is you stripped a lot of your boats and your customers boats?! Sean Stinson knows all about Mid Ocean...

~The Bull

12. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MidOcean View Post
    The boat in question was "Little Fish". I bought it from a guy in Deale, MD with the purchase of a triple 33 Powerplay. I sold off the pantera(stripped) with the tandem target trailer to the guy who has it now. He did a great job restoring her.
    What you didn't get enough on OSO pal!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

13. Collapse Details

Mr Stinson, please remember it is your responsability to mop up all blood let in this thread . Thank you

The Management

14. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Do I need to sign a disclaimer now!!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!