Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Thanks BT!

Last pic of the day!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Project - X 031 (Large).jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshoredrillin View Post
    dude, Jodie is so going to kick your ass for making such a mess....
    rob, I took these pics are for you buddy!

Whats 3-4 quarts of sanding debris between friends!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Project - X 034 (Large).jpg   Project - X 035 (Large).jpg  

3. Collapse Details

Frank looking good Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn . Frank i will be sending a driver to pick you up , i need some experienced help .

4. Collapse Details

Thanks Artie!!!

Got one of the stringers re-capped and all the holes in main stringers from offshore mounts laminated this morning. I couldn't finish the 2nd stringer because I ran out of resin, so it's off to the store tomorrow afternoon. So then I sanded the inside of the transom and it's ready to be sprayed. Also sanded the transom and got that ready for the last couple layers of laminate. I put a straight edge on it and I feel it can use another 2-3 layers and I'll be good to go!

So far everything is very smooth/flat and coming out really well. It doesn't look like I'll have much leveling to do!

Frank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Project X 005 (Large).jpg   Project X 008 (Large).jpg  

5. Collapse Details

Got more work done last night after the baby went to bed. Sorry, no pictures but I'll get some more later this week when I get back in there. Today and tomorrow is crappy weather but the end of the week and weekend are shaping up to be perfect and I think I'll be able to finish the holes!

Last night I finished laminating the transom with 3 additional layers and the 2nd stringer. After that I pigmented the resin and rolled a coat on the inside of the transom so it matches the existing gelcoat.

Next I'll scuff up the stringers a bit and roll a coat of pigmented resin on that to finish up the rest of the bildge. Then it's time to sand the outside of the transom holes so they're perfectly flat and ready for paint. Lastly, I'll get started on the exhaust holes and moving of the steering rams higher.

6. Collapse Details

More progress!

Also got this mock-up block/crank to do the rigging.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Project-X039 (Large).jpg   Project-X038 (Large).jpg   Project-X040Large (Large).jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    I'm up to $500 in supplies as of today...
    That was a week ago...I'm $750 as of today... I could have saved $100 by getting the plywood from John and ordering the resin/fabric online but I'm still under $1K.

8. Collapse Details

You took longer to get er done on BF..

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by PayCheck View Post
    You took longer to get er done on BF..
    DAWG , what's up ?

10. Collapse Details

Thanks Artie!!!

Got one of the stringers re-capped and all the holes in main stringers from offshore mounts laminated this morning. I couldn't finish the 2nd stringer because I ran out of resin, so it's off to the store tomorrow afternoon. So then I sanded the inside of the transom and it's ready to be sprayed. Also sanded the transom and got that ready for the last couple layers of laminate. I put a straight edge on it and I feel it can use another 2-3 layers and I'll be good to go!

So far everything is very smooth/flat and coming out really well. It doesn't look like I'll have much leveling to do!

Frank
    Frank i just got my tower back from the doctor and that is why i have not responded very quickly to any of your Post's . Frank , you are welcome , but pat yourself on the back for a job well done because you did all the work and once again it l@@k's Great !!!!! you ole Glass Master .

11. Collapse Details

Thanks again Artie!

I forgot what that Imron paint code was that you recommended for the transom, do you happen to have it handy?
    Last edited by Geronimo36; 04-16-2009 at 09:49 PM.

12. Collapse Details

geronimo, I'm impressed - keep us posted - jeff
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

13. Collapse Details

Thanks again Artie!

I forgot what that Imron paint code was that you recommended for the transom, do you happen to have it handy?
    Frank , i sure do and i will always remeber this code even in my sleep - Imron -555-U . Frank, once again l@@king g@@d.

14. Collapse Details

Thanks Artie!!!

Today I layed down the final skim coat, cut the new holes and the new transom holes. After cutting all the holes I epoxied all the bare wood.

I'll hit the whole transome with the DA tomorrow or Sunday then I'm done with all the glass work!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Project - X 041 (Large).jpg  

15. Collapse Details

As I hoped for I'm all finished with the glass work!!! I touched up a few tiny pin-holes but other than that I'm ready for paint!!!!

Artie, Dave, have you ever heard of a Sherwin William's version of Imron??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Project - X 042 (Large).jpg  
    Last edited by Geronimo36; 04-19-2009 at 07:50 PM.

16. Collapse Details

i have a question, when you fill the bottom of the hole it looks as if you just cut wood to fill the hole and then glassed the transom and inside the bilge. will that provide enough strength? or is that not an issue ? i would have thought that you would have to over lap the would are something.

later

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by later View Post
    i have a question, when you fill the bottom of the hole it looks as if you just cut wood to fill the hole and then glassed the transom and inside the bilge. will that provide enough strength? or is that not an issue ? i would have thought that you would have to over lap the would are something.

later
    Look closer, it overlaps.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BGIII View Post
    Look closer, it overlaps.
    thanks BG!

Quote Originally Posted by later View Post

later
    Yes, it is overlaped. I took it another step further and overlapped the wood twice for added strength.

The first step is routed behind the outside transom laminate with 3/4" ply. The second step is routed further out with a 2nd piece of 3/4" ply and all clamped together. After that the inside of the transom is laminated with 4 layers of 1708 and the outside with 8 layers of 1708 which is actually more than was there before.
    Last edited by Geronimo36; 04-20-2009 at 09:12 AM.

19. Collapse Details

With this great weather I couldn't help but shoot the transom. Everything is finished and I'll buff it up on Sunday and start rigging in 2 wks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Project - X 047 (Medium).jpg   Project - X 048 (Medium).jpg  

20. Collapse Details

With this great weather I couldn't help but shoot the transom. Everything is finished and I'll buff it up on Sunday and start rigging in 2 wks.
    Frank looking good and did you shoot the transom with Imron ?