Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bill N View Post
    Your going at it full speed, I bet you'll be installing the motors next weekend.
    I'm guestimating a month to a month and a half start-to-finish (already a week in) but we'll have to see how the glass work goes...also I'm going to Florida the first week in May.

The de-rigging always goes fast but I will be slowing it down a bit once I start doing the glass and the rigging.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jhenrie View Post
    I wish you guys would call me when you need this stuff.
    hey John, do you think Mark Peterson over at serioustoys has a bravo transom jig I can borrow?

3. Collapse Details

What about Brett?

4. Collapse Details

What about Brett?
    I think he got lost in the gulf stream... hasn't returned my calls.

I'll ask Eddie on Saturday.

5. Collapse Details

Got an early start this morning and went to the marina and pulled both engines. Loaded them into the pickup and brought them home and dropped em in the garage. Then I removed both transom assemblies and various other hardware inside the bildge.

The bildge is ready for a good scrubbing and then I can get started within the next week or so! I may also paint both mils before they go back in. Other than that, everything is going along pretty well!

Billy, thanks for the help with the truck even though your brother stayed out too late last night!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Project - X 007 (Large).jpg   Project - X 008 (Large).jpg  

6. Collapse Details

Damn, you a busy boy. It seems much slower going the other way. Yesterday and today I got one engine in and the exhaust holes cut and sealed. The good news is my trig was right on, no adjustment needed on the alignment. Alignment tool slides in and out like butter

7. Collapse Details

Pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0694.jpg   IMG_0692.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    Damn, you a busy boy. It seems much slower going the other way. Yesterday and today I got one engine in and the exhaust holes cut and sealed. The good news is my trig was right on, no adjustment needed on the alignment. Alignment tool slides in and out like butter
    Great news that it went back together correctly!!

So true about things going slower the other way. At this point the project will slow down considerably. I'm going to guestimate 3-4 wks of actual work but in realtime probabably a month and a half because I have a lot of non-boating related stuff coming up towards the end of the month. I think I'll be ready by Memorial Day and definitely by the NYC poker run... Fingers crossed! If it winds up taking longer it's no big deal....

9. Collapse Details

What slows me down the most is not having what I need when I need it. Today it was a coupler. Often it is other things like adel clamps and or hoses. You'll be doing way good geronimo if it is in one peice by Mem day!

BT

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Billy, thanks for the help with the truck even though your brother stayed out too late last night!
    Anytime I guess the girl he met the night before was more important than you! At least it worked out & you got a clean truck.

11. Collapse Details

Anytime I guess the girl he met the night before was more important than you! At least it worked out & you got a clean truck.
    I don't blame him, I would have done the same if I were single!!!

Yesterdays progress below...... Having the experts review some high-rez pictures before I go further but once I get the thumbs up I'll start filling the holes back up! My arms are still itchy from the glass this morning...

Billy, maybe you're right and I will have it done quicker than I think....nah, just kiddin....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Project - X 012.jpg  

12. Collapse Details

Got all the routing done, cut/fitted all the plugs and bonded them into the hole last night!!!

Next step is to continue fairing the inside and outside of the transom, then begin laminating the glass.

Movin along!

13. Collapse Details

Few more pics.. makin progress!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Project X 001 (Large).jpg   Project X 002 (Large).jpg  

14. Collapse Details

Wow, everything look real solid! Good for you. You even got the stringer cut back and it looks rock solid. At the rate youre moving you should be in the water by July Jus messin with ya bro, looks great. That dust is a biitch to clean out of everything though!

BT

15. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    Frank , like i said somewhere else your starting to l@@k like a seasoned pro and i have to say that Glass Dave and myself should be worried about loosing some of are customer's . Frank all bull$hit aside l@@king g@@d and how did you like using Epoxy instead of Poly , or Vinyl and seeing that your on a roll are you going to do the stringer's next ?

16. Collapse Details

Thanks guys! Lots of progress early this morning and evening!!

Artie, thanks for all the info you've given me. It was a big help! And Glassdave too!!!

As for the stringers I'm going take your advice and cut out the wood and scarf the edges and roll over the tops. I started making up the replacement pieces this evening and cut the wood out of the stringers. Now I need to cut and fit the replacment pieces and then I'll cap.

The Epoxy is good! I have to get used to it but I like it! No worries about loosing some customers, you guys deserve more of them!!!! I wouldn't recommend this project to anyone unless they've done structural glass work and rigging before. Fortunately I've dabbled in both over the years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Project - X 022 (Large).jpg   Project - X 023 (Large).jpg   Project - X 024 (Large).jpg  

17. Collapse Details

Well, so much for taking a break....

* New stringers cut, beveled, scarved and bedded into place... Next I have to sand the gelcoat off the sides and bottom of the hull so I can laminate it back together.

* Ground/feathered the transom to get it ready for limination.

* Removed all the offshore mounts, reamed/cut and epoxied dowels into the holes. Once they're dry I'll feather the holes a little and lay a some glass on and that will be done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Project - X 026 (Large).jpg   Project - X 027 (Large).jpg   Project - X 028 (Large).jpg  

Last edited by Geronimo36; 04-10-2009 at 01:27 PM.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Well, so much for taking a break....

* New stringers cut, beveled, scarved and bedded into place... Next I have to sand the gelcoat off the sides and bottom of the hull so I can laminate it back together.

* Ground/feathered the transom to get it ready for limination.

* Removed all the offshore mounts, reamed/cut and epoxied dowels into the holes. Once they're dry I'll feather the holes a little and lay a some glass on and that will be done.
    dude, Jodie is so going to kick your ass for making such a mess....
    Last edited by Offshoredrillin; 04-10-2009 at 04:53 PM.

19. Collapse Details

20. Collapse Details

I'm serious impressed. Great work!

BT