Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Hey Its looking good. Your going at it full speed, I bet you'll be installing the motors next weekend. Sorry but the only paint i'm giving you fot the transom is white just clean it. Teal or black won't look right on your boat.

2. Collapse Details

Look at Billy, layin down the law!!! lol

3. Collapse Details

If i'm saving you a couple hundred in paint materials don't I have a say! Maybe we should change the indian head while were at it & say goodbye to Pinky.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bill N View Post
    Maybe we should change the indian head while were at it & say goodbye to Pinky.
    But I might have a hard time letting go of Pinky, I think we'll have to keep it just to piss everyone off!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2008_NYCPR09.jpg  
    Last edited by Geronimo36; 04-01-2009 at 11:56 AM.

5. Collapse Details

I wish you guys would call me when you need this stuff. I just did the interior of a boat that one of the guys from a building supply right by us and tolod me to call him when I need marine ply. Aparenly there is a bit of room in the pricing and I have bought from him before. Please let me know if you need more. I usually have a sheet of 1/2 and 3/4 at the house if you need just a peice.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jhenrie View Post
    I wish you guys would call me when you need this stuff. I just did the interior of a boat that one of the guys from a building supply right by us and tolod me to call him when I need marine ply. Aparenly there is a bit of room in the pricing and I have bought from him before. Please let me know if you need more. I usually have a sheet of 1/2 and 3/4 at the house if you need just a peice.
    Faack...sorry dude...I didn't even think of it but now that you mention it that was a total brain fart!!!

So, do you have any 4" X 4" X 1/2" aluminum L-Angle???

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post

So, do you have any 4" X 4" X 1/2" aluminum L-Angle???
    http://www.e-jenterprises.com/

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Thanks for the link Jimmy!! I just got back from lunch and picked up the aluminum stock from Fazzio's in Wall Twp. http://www.jfiwall.com/ The dowside is they only sell 10 ft. lengths so I'm going to have a lot of extra but the cost was $95 with tax included..

Looks like I have all the pieces to the puzzle now!!!

9. Collapse Details

Grimmmer in shrewsbury has always helped with small pieces of metal , also central metal fabricators one street over from bad boy billys.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jhenrie View Post
    Grimmmer in shrewsbury has always helped with small pieces of metal , also central metal fabricators one street over from bad boy billys.
    John It looks like your an hour late again. We need to call you for everything. I think you cost Frank an extra $125. Thats OK though because what else can you do to pick up 5 MPH for under $1000

11. Collapse Details

Post up some pictures of your project if you can!!
    Here was a BF thread from early on in the project. There are some pics there. Pg 8 shows us cutting out the transom assembly holes. Otherwise, here are some crappy ones more recent. I diamond plated the firewall and moved everything there and completely rewired both engines. Not to mention rebuilt both engines. Thats been a lot of work! Coming down the home stretch now. You can see I still have to cut my exhaust holes. I'm going to do that after the engines are in...

http://forums.boatfreaks.org/showthread.php?t=12595
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0685.jpg   IMG_0688.jpg  

12. Collapse Details

Couple more. I have the engine room 95% done now. I'll get another pic before I put an engine in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0686.jpg   IMG_0687.jpg  

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bill N View Post
    John It looks like your an hour late again. We need to call you for everything. I think you cost Frank an extra $125. Thats OK though because what else can you do to pick up 5 MPH for under $1000
    A bunch of wise guys I tell you!!! I'm up to $500 in supplies as of today...

If you haven't noticed, I'm the type of person that gets things done and don't wait. I actually do stuff instead of talkin about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    Couple more. I have the engine room 95% done now. I'll get another pic before I put an engine in.
    Nice! What kind of boat??? The stringer lay-up and firewall set-up reminds me of my old Scarab Panther.

At least it's going to be a lot easier for you to set up your engine alignment with the pedestal mounts... I'm not really looking forward to doing my offshore mounts... To make it easier, JCPERF is lending me a bare block/crank so I can do mock-ups with!

14. Collapse Details

A bunch of wise guys I tell you!!! I'm up to $500 in supplies as of today...

If you haven't noticed, I'm the type of person that gets things done and don't wait. I actually do stuff instead of talkin about it!

Nice! What kind of boat??? The stringer lay-up and firewall set-up reminds me of my old Scarab Panther.

At least it's going to be a lot easier for you to set up your engine alignment with the pedestal mounts... I'm not really looking forward to doing my offshore mounts... To make it easier, JCPERF is lending me a bare block/crank so I can do mock-ups with!
    -Yeah, its a panther. It was running 83-84mph and I am expecting to be in the low 90s. Should run real nice.

15. Collapse Details

You need to calculate to the nats ass what your adjustments need to be. As long as you know the angle of the transom, this site will fix you up. Select the trigonemtry solutions, enter your +2" on the little c and the transom angle on the B and you should have your exact adjustments needed. Assuming you were correct before the raising.

http://engineersedge.com/

16. Collapse Details

You need to calculate to the nats ass what your adjustments need to be. As long as you know the angle of the transom, this site will fix you up. Select the trigonemtry solutions, enter your +2" on the little c and the transom angle on the B and you should have your exact adjustments needed. Assuming you were correct before the raising.

http://engineersedge.com/
    I was never good in math so I'll be going about manually with a few pairs of vice grips and the drill. Going to do it like it's a new boat... 1) Remove all the old l-angle, fill the holes, drop the engines in and bolt down the rear mounts. 2) Adjust the engine up/down until the alignment is perfect. Vice grip the mounts to the offshore bracket and drill the new holes in the angle and the stringers and bolt in the angles. 3) Re-check alignment to make sure it didn't move and drill the holes in the l-angle for the offshore brackets and I'm done!

Hey, I saw your post on Boatfreaks about the upper holes which you used as a guide to measure up the 2". I was going to do the same thing but take it one step further and use the other holes for guidepoints so I'm sure it's all square and so I don't have to re-measure everything, just verify!!!!
    Last edited by Geronimo36; 04-01-2009 at 06:03 PM.

17. Collapse Details

-Yeah, its a panther. It was running 83-84mph and I am expecting to be in the low 90s. Should run real nice.
    We're in the same ball-park on speeds and I'm hoping for the same!

18. Collapse Details

I was never good in math so I'll be going about manually with a few pairs of vice grips and the drill. Going to do it like it's a new boat... 1) Remove all the old l-angle, fill the holes, drop the engines in and bolt down the rear mounts. 2) Adjust the engine up/down until the alignment is perfect. Vice grip the mounts to the offshore bracket and drill the new holes in the angle and the stringers and bolt in the angles. 3) Re-check alignment to make sure it didn't move and drill the holes in the l-angle for the offshore brackets and I'm done!

Hey, I saw your post on Boatfreaks about the upper holes which you used as a guide to measure up the 2". I was going to do the same thing but take it one step further and use the other holes for guidepoints so I'm sure it's all square and so I don't have to re-measure everything, just verify!!!!

I used the diagonals method to make sure the drives were dead nuts square. I think it worked well. You can see me doing that on page 8 of that thread on freaks. My home boys were getting a little preturbed with my analness about it, but I'm happy I spent the extra time to get it perfect. Measure once and cut twice right??

19. Collapse Details

We're in the same ball-park on speeds and I'm hoping for the same!
    I added hp too during the builds. I'm hoping for 3mph out of that. The boys were popping 91s at the end of last year so I at least need 92mph I can't have another yr of disgrace.....

20. Collapse Details

I added hp too during the builds. I'm hoping for 3mph out of that. The boys were popping 91s at the end of last year so I at least need 92mph I can't have another yr of disgrace.....
    I had a best of 86 mph but never really held it there for any given period of time. I'm hoping for 5 mph with this project but would be happy with 3-4 mph. At the end I just want it set up the way it's supposed to be.

Bob Saccenti believes the boat should be running low 90's so we'll just have to see what happens... I have the power but I'm dragging anchors...

In the long run I think it might be easier on the drives and engines.