Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

ive got 180k on my '00 5.3L, not one mechanical issue. switched to valvoline max life oil (was using amsoil but lost my local guy). Been wanting to get rid of it for something more fuel efficient, but think now i will drive it till the wheels fall off.

2. Collapse Details

Registered
    get it!!! i just got my old lady an 08 LT with the Nav system.... things nice, i've even towed my 30 cig with it a few times, please dont tell sunkin

3. Collapse Details

We got it! It's awesome, she's only let me drive it once but I really like it. It's got EVERY option possible. I keep finding new stuff. It's got (sorry I don't know the right name) the feature where it drops to 4 cyl when it gets to hwy speed so it should get decent mileage. We're taking it back to Indiana this weekend so I'll get to find out. The nav system is cool too!

4. Collapse Details

Congrats Kyle, now post some pictures

5. Collapse Details

Well, just to show what a dumb ass I can be..... It's a Yukon not a Tahoe. I started out looking at Tahoe's and forgot the fact that I ended up on a Yukon. I figured I better tell on myself before I post pictures and you guys destroy me.

Shut up Stecz

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Hilltop Kyle View Post
    Well, just to show what a dumb ass I can be..... It's a Yukon not a Tahoe. I started out looking at Tahoe's and forgot the fact that I ended up on a Yukon. I figured I better tell on myself before I post pictures and you guys destroy me.

Shut up Stecz
    Well that make sense since you said it had all the bells. GMC is usally more loaded than the Chevy's now post pics! I need something to look at till I can get the boat out of storage

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Hilltop Kyle View Post
    We got it! It's awesome, she's only let me drive it once but I really like it. It's got EVERY option possible. I keep finding new stuff. It's got (sorry I don't know the right name) the feature where it drops to 4 cyl when it gets to hwy speed so it should get decent mileage. We're taking it back to Indiana this weekend so I'll get to find out. The nav system is cool too!

If you can figure out a way to dim the nav touch screen let me know. There is a setting that can be changed but it looks to me only two settings.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Playn View Post
    If you can figure out a way to dim the nav touch screen let me know. There is a setting that can be changed but it looks to me only two settings.
    I found the Day/Night setting for the screen, it also adjusts with the dimmer switch for the dash lights. Try that and see if it helps.

9. Collapse Details

...It's got (sorry I don't know the right name) the feature where it drops to 4 cyl when it gets to hwy speed...

GM calls it Active Fuel Management.