Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Thinking about buying a 2007 Tahoe for the wife...need input.
    I've found a spotless '07 Tahoe that I'm thinking about buying for the wife. The only down side is that it's got almost 70k mi. I drove it and ran great. It seems to have been very well taken care of. I think the original owner had a long drive to work every day. It's got the GM 5.3, are that many miles a big deal on that motor?

2. Collapse Details

Do they have maintenance records and documents? That would be the key for me.

That engine can easily do 300K+ with minimal issues provided it's well maintaines. I used to get that out of 5.7's by just using synthetic oil and regular changes- before we went to all diesels.

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilltop Kyle View Post
    I've found a spotless '07 Tahoe that I'm thinking about buying for the wife. The only down side is that it's got almost 70k mi. I drove it and ran great. It seems to have been very well taken care of. I think the original owner had a long drive to work every day. It's got the GM 5.3, are that many miles a big deal on that motor?
    And does it have the extended warranty? If so, the dealer network should have all records...
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

If you are looking at it at dealership,ask for a copy of title and get the org. owner name and call if you wish.70K is not a problem on any of the newer (Ford,Chevy etc.)models,as long as price is adjusted for it.

5. Collapse Details

Thanks guys. They told me an extended warranty is available for it. I'm gonna ask for maint. records and try to find out who owned it previously. I felt like that motor should be good for 200K plus as long as it's well cared for. Thanks again!

6. Collapse Details

If it has had its oil changes every 3K, I would by it in a heartbeat. 300K plus no problem with 3K lof's and cheap oil. I've had my eye out for an 07 up high milage tahoe myself.

7. Collapse Details

The 07's came with a factory powertrain warranty for 100K so if anything major goes it should be covered. Should be a cheap truck to buy with that kind of mileage too.....

8. Collapse Details

My wife has a sweet new ride! We got a really good deal on it. Especially when I compared it to a brand new one that was identical for twice the money. It's GM Certified and we went with an extended warranty so it's got 3yrs of bumper to bumper and up to 100Kmi powertrain. I found out it was a GM Rep's vehicle, they are supposedly very well maintained by the Rep's as maintenance is no cost to them.

9. Collapse Details

My wife has a sweet new ride! We got a really good deal on it. Especially when I compared it to a brand new one that was identical for twice the money. It's GM Certified and we went with an extended warranty so it's got 3yrs of bumper to bumper and up to 100Kmi powertrain. I found out it was a GM Rep's vehicle, they are supposedly very well maintained by the Rep's as maintenance is no cost to them.
    you do know that chevys are just not cool.... come on kyle, do i have to teach you everything.... chicks and soft ass punks drive chevys.. you want respect, you wanna kick some ass, buy a ford pal... ever wander why you other buddy is so much cooler, drives a ford....

poor fella, missing teeth, driving a chevy.. just no hope for you buddy...
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....

10. Collapse Details
    Re:stecz vehicle choice
    Sponsor / Charter Member
    I hate to pick on you but in your case FORD means For Ornery Repulsive Degenerates.

11. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by stecz20 View Post
    you do know that chevys are just not cool.... come on kyle, do i have to teach you everything.... chicks and soft ass punks drive chevys.. you want respect, you wanna kick some ass, buy a ford pal... ever wander why you other buddy is so much cooler, drives a ford....

Now this guy knows things!!!!!!!!!

12. Collapse Details

Damn Stecz...I guess I'm just not cool. I drive a 2500HD Duramax and now she drives that. I've owned a Ford before, it was a good truck, just underpowered. We have three of them as our shop trucks, I'm not a fan. Guess I'm a "soft ass punk". :Chevy_anim:

13. Collapse Details

Damn Stecz...I guess I'm just not cool. I drive a 2500HD Duramax and now she drives that. I've owned a Ford before, it was a good truck, just underpowered. We have three of them as our shop trucks, I'm not a fan. Guess I'm a "soft ass punk". :Chevy_anim:
    you said it not me.... underdpowered, more like driver error... sorry kyle, i expected more from you...

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Oval View Post
    Now this guy knows things!!!!!!!!!
    only pickle smoochers drive chevys.... im sorry but its the truth...

15. Collapse Details

Lots of luck with the new ride.....

16. Collapse Details

Kyle get your azz in that new ride and come down to Knox Vegas this weekend and drink some beer!!! What else do you have to do its March and you don't have any props for the XRT !!!!

17. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The only Ford drivers I've seen were in the woods yelling "Squuuuueeel or on porches playing banjo's. That's not how we describe "kicking" ass up here. Was one of those guys in the movie you???
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

18. Collapse Details

i have to be honest with you pickle sniffers.. i like the newer tahoes.... but thats it.... thats all im willing to say on the matter you sniffers....

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    The only Ford drivers I've seen were in the woods yelling "Squuuuueeel or on porches playing banjo's. That's not how we describe "kicking" ass up here. Was one of those guys in the movie you???
    Good stuff

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by duke252 View Post
    Kyle get your azz in that new ride and come down to Knox Vegas this weekend and drink some beer!!! What else do you have to do its March and you don't have any props for the XRT !!!!
    Very tempting...